Stuff to put in 1.09

Status
Not open for further replies.
FuriousFox said:
...You are using Final Demo 1.08, correct? It works for me.
I suppose that yes... Remember that I used a mirror because the file of the official page simply lock ups Windows, DOS, etc., bah, everything. But the page said 1.08. :? Hovewer, I'm now seeing a lot of diferences...

Odds are this has been posted already but I REALLY hate the thok barrior thing. @_@ Is there any way to make it so you don't have to put any thok barrior up? :)

Linkman90 said:
Odds are this has been posted already but I REALLY hate the thok barrior thing. @_@ Is there any way to make it so you don't have to put any thok barrior up? :)
A virtual thok barrier around the whole level? No... A new engine is better...

Linkman90 said:
Why do you hate the Thok Barrier?
It's like, the simplest thing you do in map making. :|

It is, but it sure gets in the way often, especially with SP stages. At least, with the "Build the thok barrier first" method. I can't do it any other way at the moment.

The thok barrier is a hassle, but it's necessary for more reasons than just the thok protection. You'll also notice that you can't climb on a 1-sided linedef as Knuckles.

Basically, it really is a necessary part of SRB2 level design, albeit kinda annoying sometimes. With some experience screwing it up and making mistakes you'll get good enough with it not to worry about it. At this point I don't even think about the thok barrier, frequently enough.

I think what Hotdog means is that in Doombuilder, you can merely surround your level with a sector for an instant thok barrier, even after it's done.

Sonicandtails218 said:
I think what Hotdog means is that in Doombuilder, you can merely surround your level with a sector for an instant thok barrier, even after it's done.
You can do that in WadAuthor as well by cutting the entire map, making a big sector, and pasting it inside. Not quite as elegant, but more than workable.

I find that thok barriers are only mildly annoying when I edit maps that have had a thok barrier for a long time and I have to punch through it to do more to the map. The potential for corruption is pretty high when doing that, and I don't recommend it to someone who doesn't know how to fix a map with the sector numbers on the linedefs ^_^()

Mystic said:
I find that thok barriers are only mildly annoying when I edit maps that have had a thok barrier for a long time and I have to punch through it to do more to the map. The potential for corruption is pretty high when doing that, and I don't recommend it to someone who doesn't know how to fix a map with the sector numbers on the linedefs ^_^()

*hugs DCK/Deepsea's split linedef func*

*hugs DoomBuilder's Vertices Mode*

If I need to extend a sector, that'd be the first thing I call. Much easier to morph a sector than other methods, really, particularly since you can split linedefs with IT instead.

Come again?

Anyway, if there isn't already an MT flag that allows for a Thing to have an explosion radius when it "dies", how about one? It'd be pretty interesting to arm Eggman with a rocket launcher that shoots projectiles that can catch you in their blast radius, or create toxic barrels that litter an area that will also injure you if you break them (kinda like a Deton that won't move), signifying that you have to move slower in said area.

What about just plain FORCE??? i mean, if you get shot, you always get hit the same distance, mabye explosion rings should push farther.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 18, Members: 0, Guests: 18)

Back