Blaze the Cat RE WAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not liking the way you made my select pic. It's probably my fault though, I rushed the drawing. I'd fix it but I'm on my PSP.

L1.gif

Meh, they're not that great, but they'll do, considering she's going to be covered in fire anyway.
Chrispy said:
I'm not liking the way you made my select pic. It's probably my fault though, I rushed the drawing. I'd fix it but I'm on my PSP.
Some of the details in you're drawing got lost while scaling it down, so it was pretty easy for me to mess up, especially with the fingers. It's still pretty good considering you drew it in a rush, the only thing you forgot was the jewel on her forehead. :P

The animation seems good actually. I can imagine that in SRB2, with the sound effect. =P
I hope this turns out.

That is much better, but why did you change some of the colors? The Blaze sprites themselves aren't even using those.

As for progress on the spin frames, I'm still drawing outlines for the fire around the first sprite. Yeah, I'm a really slow spriter... >_>

I don't know about your monitor's brightness settings, but those colors are kinda dark. :P :shot:
Anyway, I finally decided on a basic shape for the spin animation. I just know I'm going to be here all night animating this one...
BLAZL0.png

All you have to do is change all of blazes colors to shades of red and fill in the rest with random shades of a different red.

Can't you just make her whole body orange and make the shadings of orange in the shaded parts of her body?

Sorry, no progress on the spin frames yet, I was too tired last night and went to bed. >_> I know what I want to do though, and the only thing left to do is the spin frames, so yeah, will start back on those later.

Anyway, I've made some progress on editing Blade's drawing into a character select image. I ruined the shading/lighting though, lazy me. D: I'm still working on it though, as indicated by the flame in that image. How does it look so far?
request0002.png

Thompson said:
Can't you just make her whole body orange and make the shadings of orange in the shaded parts of her body?
What you're suggesting doesn't sound like it'd work, because Blaze is supposed to be on fire while spinning. It would look kinda strange if she wasn't displaying her power over fire. :/

On all of these character select pictures I've seen
for Blaze, the head is too small compared to the body.
(Except for Chrispy's, but his is a zombie).

I think I'm finally getting somewhere with the spin frames:
BLAZM0.png

The fire is mostly the same as the old spin animation, except the shape is a lot different, and you can actually see outlines of Blaze's figure inside it. Now to animate it and get the freaking beta released...

It looks nice, but how does it suggest to the player that Blaze has any control over fire at all? That looks more like a protective shield...

Anyway, I'm finally making some progress on the spin frames:
L2-1.gif

I still need to refine it, heavily, though...just showing you guys that I'm doing more than sitting on my bum over here. :P I still can't believe four frames of animation could be such a pain in the can to draw...

I'm stating the obvious here, but the fire needs to be animated. :P

Also, isn't it incredibly late where you are? if you're still online, get on YIM damn it! :P Why can't you just leave it on?

Dr.Pepper said:
Thompson said:
What you're suggesting doesn't sound like it'd work, because Blaze is supposed to be on fire while spinning. It would look kinda strange if she wasn't displaying her power over fire. :/

I said that wrong. XD I meant while in her jump state and spin state, but since you've already done the job this is now ignorable. Anyways, I just wanted to correct my sentence, so I don't look stupid :P

Dr.Pepper said:
I think I'm finally getting somewhere with the spin frames:
BLAZM0.png

The fire is mostly the same as the old spin animation, except the shape is a lot different, and you can actually see outlines of Blaze's figure inside it. Now to animate it and get the freaking beta released...

How long didja take on that? It looks awesome. :D

EDIT: Damn, late with post as the anim is done. :/

I'll Begin said:
I'm stating the obvious here, but the fire needs to be animated. :P

Also, isn't it incredibly late where you are?
Yeah, I was working on the flames, but I'm better off scrapping the current spin frames, they're garbage. >_> Ah well...
And yes, it was extremely late where I live. I've been pushing myself as far as 5:00 AM lately, trying to finish Blaze, (Which is why so much progress has already been made.) as opposed to the usual 1 or 3 AM.
Although I honestly wouldn't be that dedicated if I didn't like her so much. Otherwise I would have given up while working on the spin frames, they're the hardest sprites I've EVER tried to make. Giving her fiery ball sprites is very tempting at this point...
I'll Begin said:
if you're still online, get on YIM damn it! :P Why can't you just leave it on?
I'll Begin said:
I have no excuse, D: sorry I'll Begin.

I don't see anything wrong with the ones you had. I could try to touch them up and see what I could do, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back