Blaze the Cat RE WAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's something i just whipped up. I dunno where I got the pose from, thought of it when going through some Blaze pics. i kinda pictured it with her hands flaming, but I can't draw that effect.
15zf91s.png

Wow Chrispy, she looks awesome! Thanks for posting that, I love it. :P I'll see what I can do with it in mtPaint, tomorrow.

Oh, I forgot to mention that the eyes are out of place, she's supposed to be looking towards the player. I just rushed it I guess.

Oh, no. Another STHE1230.

Let's make this easy on everyone: What else do you like about the WAD? You said handling and speed. What about Burning Blaze? The complementary Sol-Emerald WAD?

Its simple. Burning Blaze is the super form of Blaze and its very powerful but i think DR.Pepper its going to put Burning Blaze a lot better

Here's some progress on Chrispy's drawing. I scaled it down in mtPaint, and then drew over that in KolourPaint. Still working on the hands and other things though.
Blazepic2.png

Also, darkness claw drew another picture of Blaze that I decided to fit into the palette. I might go with this one in the RE version.
blazepic.png

I didn't think about that, she kinda does. XD

Anyway, darkness claw got an idea for the idle frames that I decided to draw:
I1.gif
I2.gif
I3.gif
I4.gif
I5.gif

There's not a whole lot I can do with two slowly-animated frames, >_> otherwise the flame would be more realistic.

Also, I just need to make Blaze's spin frames, and she'll be ready for a beta release. The thing is though, I can't figure out what to do about it right now. I keep screwing up trying to remake the old spin frames, and don't want to go next-gen with regular ball sprites. If anyone's got any ideas, please share them, I'm kinda stumped...

The idle frames look excellent. But still, hum. Hope I can help some more with this wad. Bet I can't though. :(

Dr.Pepper said:
Also, I just need to make Blaze's spin frames, and she'll be ready for a beta release. The thing is though, I can't figure out what to do about it right now. I keep screwing up trying to remake the old spin frames, and don't want to go next-gen with regular ball sprites. If anyone's got any ideas, please share them, I'm kinda stumped...

...If it wasn't for the fact that it's midnight and I have to wake up early tomorrow, I could probably make some spinning poses with the model I have complete with flames.

If those would be useful as a reference, I could have it done tomorrow.

Wow, I was going to suggest that you ask SpaceKGreen and as soon as I'm about to post it, you post saying, okay, you want some help? THat's freaky man.
O_O

SpaceKGreen said:
...If it wasn't for the fact that it's midnight and I have to wake up early tomorrow, I could probably make some spinning poses with the model I have complete with flames.

If you could do that, I'd really appreciate it, SpaceKGreen. :D I've been working on character WADs since I registered here, and Blaze's spin frames are still a challenge... An actual reference would help me out a lot.

If you want to have something other than Chrispy's zombie, you can use this.

request0001.png

Dr.Pepper said:
SpaceKGreen said:

If you could do that, I'd really appreciate it, SpaceKGreen. :D I've been working on character WADs since I registered here, and Blaze's spin frames are still a challenge... An actual reference would help me out a lot.

I'll see if I can find one. I won't guarantee it, but I will try.

BLAZEA1-55.png

BLAZEA1-5.gif

As said elsewhere, so far so good, don't worry about the flames right now, I MIGHT be able to add some nice ones after.

Wow, thanks for posting those, SpaceKGreen. :D Now I have a much better idea of what to do about her spin frames.
Blade said:
If you want to have something other than Chrispy's zombie, you can use this.
Thanks, Blade, I'd love to use your drawing for the RENET version, it's perfect. I'll get right to editing the picture into a character select image after I'm done with Blaze's spin frames.
SpaceKGreen said:
Also, there's a bit of official art on this page you might be interested in...
Ooh, they've already released shots of Blaze's SatBK model? :O She looks great in that armor, thanks for sharing that.
Senku Niola said:
Nice work on that frame, Senku. :P I'll get to work on the other three angles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back