Tortured Planet v9 (scmrtf_TorturedPlanet-v9.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of putting end signs at the end of the levels, you could put a new thing. An end signs are too much used.
Because end signs totally aren't meant to mark the end of the level. They're not considered to be the indication that you've finished the level.

Uh, wow. Not only didn't I expect this update right now, but I also have to deal with my brain being molted from what I got to see. Let me just state right now that you did things I didn't think you were capable of, and the new content and the visual improvements are just really, really great.

There is however, a problem. The whole thing just feels overwhelming. This applies especially to SNZ, GCZ and FSZ. These levels switch between some many different thematic elements and texture sets, I almost feel confused. I know this sounds strange, especially coming from me, but you might have to throw some textures completely out for later versions and work with. A good example is GCZ, where both the DMA and the Clockwork Towers textures feel out of place now.

I'll get around to more extensive comments later, but first I wanna dive through all this.

I can't download anything like that on this comp. Darn I guess i can't play it...

At least v 6.0. Okay an small review of the updates. I saw more visual updates than before. SAZ, GCZ and SNZ receive the major part of this. However thae last levels have (SWZ and AAZ keep the worst level design in the level pack).
I like how GCZ was a bit extended, but i think that Sonic 1 LZ textures don't fit very well here, specially in act 1. The newer rooms and the ambience in act 2 are great. You have to improve visuals, making a sector based on scenary in act 1, also making it less linearity.
For SNZ it was improved a bit, the last part of the act 2 give me an idea that i want to tell you later.
SAZ is more confusing now with the new structures, specially in the act 2. The robo hoods are bad placed also. you put a robo hood in the top of a cliff in some part but it cannot hurt me since your missiles cannot hit me. You have to out more of this badnick in the inside sections near a trees.
The news rooms in LGZ act 2 are good, however eggman's office is to square and pretty boring for me.
SWZ wasn't improve, i saw the same empty and boring rooms than before and the repetitive landscapes. I suggest again to add enemies, specially in act 2.
AAZ was improved a little in textures, but it has the same horrendous gameplay (only a few rooms were edited) that has before. Also why OMNIS are frozzen?, why those aliens seems like a paper?. You know aliens don't mean green people with big heads, you could make something more creative.

Bugs:
·I found lag in SAZ, FSZ, AAZ.
·The game crash near the mini fort in AAZ act 1. (where Sonic x8000 said)
·Deja vu 2: After i passed this level i was send to a multiplayer level, please fix this thing.

more coming soon...

To all people who can't download in a rar file: I have put the wad in mods of srb2 on fawfulfan 4shared page.
You're going to have to do it again...v6.1 is out now.

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

why those aliens seems like a paper?. You know aliens don't mean green people with big heads, you could make something more creative.
All the aliens scattering the landscape are either dead or dying (the rest being put to work in Eggman's castles, obviously). As for their appearance, I know that I chose a very hackneyed and trite look for the aliens, but I was afraid that any other design wouldn't make it absolutely clear what they are supposed to be. I decided on a body type that everyone would recognize.

I have a problem at the start of SAZ act 2. the level is too laggy and in the previous version the first section of this zone wasn't laggy, what happen?
Also i found laggy the news rooms in LGZ act 2.

Edit: also you don't fix the problem with the unlockable Deja vu 2 (you could make the player start in SAZ after pass this level)

Also i like to see your old content as unlockable. Also where is the reward for obtain the 7 chaos emerald? You said that with all emeralds we could get the final fight without pass SWZ and AAZ.

Last edited:
Okay, I just played a few levels, and I can say that SAZ has a good level of detail now. However, some areas have too much of it (second area in act 1, plus some others which I can't recall at the moment), and they feel cluttered because of that. GCZ1 looks somewhat better, and GCZ2 looks way better than it did before (but I'm biased towards it, for obvious reasons :D). And as SpiritCrusher said, some textures don't look good anymore.
Lastly, I can't seem to find any custom CTF or Race levels, and Lime Forest seems to have disappeared from the rotation.

EDIT: SKY1 seems to be replaced with the Ice Cap sky, and some CTF stages have unfitting skies as a result.

EDIT2: After looking at the wad in SRB2DB, I noticed the CTF and Race stage replace the first map of their divisions, but they don't appear in-game. Make them have their own map slots please.

EDIT3:
Why do Wacky Tesseract and Upload Download have to be unlockables? It's stupid and unneeded to make multiplayer stages unlockables. (I haven't unlocked them myself, but I saw this on the Wiki)

Last edited:
The graphics are truly beautiful good job!
I loved the first half of the mod, except for ECZ2 where you cannot jump out of the Lava pit in the conveyor belt room, and SNZ has finally got my respect.
However, GCZ2 is still a game of perfect timing for jumps and such. FSZ1 is good but the second act can still be rather hard. LGZ is still incredible but SWZ remains my most hated zone. AAZ is getting better but is still a challenge with little lives.
Basically:
Add more lives in the levels, while the challenge and difficulty is good, the surprisingly large lack of 1ups can cause consistent game overs.

There are quite a few 1ups scattered throughout the levels. They are just well-hidden. If you explored the levels in more depth, you would find plenty of them. That said, maybe some of them should be a bit easier to find.

Alright.
I had it.
I have HAD it.
This can't go on like this.
Something MUST BE DONE.

xsrb0129.png

TA-DAAA

Basically, I was sick and tired of those awful DCZ textures, and I simply got fed up with it. So I decided to take matters into my own hands, and I bet on Duke.

I made a small texture pack for your use Fawfulfan. It contains textures used in Hollywood Holocost, and are a refreshing change of textures for this level. It includes everything you need to make the level visuals in Drowned Downtown suck significantly less ass.

HHSource - http://www.sendspace.com/file/fdc4m3

Also, here's an example wad, containing a simple "Find and Replace" fest on Drowned Downtown Act 1. Since Find and Replace was used, some textures WILL be screwy, but since I didn't do it by hand out of laziness... Well, yeah. You can totally finish the job, right? It also contains the PSX version of Stalker 1, and if you'd like, I can crop Stalker 2 for Act 2.

Duked Downtown Example - http://www.sendspace.com/file/4nmcbj

So yeah, I suggest using these. It'll really help Drowned Downtown's image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back