Tortured Planet v9 (scmrtf_TorturedPlanet-v9.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relax and enjoy mapping. Start small, and then craft what you have. Surprise yourself with how it comes out. Take a fascination with the details. You don't have to do this for every map, but try it for one map, even one room. If you don't like how it turns out, you can go back to your "schedule" of rushing maps out the door.
As a matter of fact, that's precisely what I've done in a couple of rooms throughout the pack for v6.0. Probably nowhere near as much as I should have done, but at least it's something. I think you can expect to find the best new instances of such rooms in Sunshine Atoll, Gritty Columns, and Liftoff Gantry.

It's really not worth the effort to tell you everything now, because some of the emblems have been moved to new places in v6.0. Besides, why can't you view the Wiki from your cybercafe? Several of the emblems' locations have already been documented. If you have e-mail, you should have internet too.
Huh... Fawfulfan, I think you didn't understand. I have no internet because I have no cybercafe. I go to the nearest cybercafe and enter at the MB. And I pay for it. Any way, I won't bother. And I say: please someone who have got all emblems please me tell their locations. Please.
Thank you, FFF.

@Kim the Fox!!!: you could go to a cybercafe the go to the wiki and copy and paste the emblems location in Microsoft word or in the notepad.

As a matter of fact, that's precisely what I've done in a couple of rooms throughout the pack for v6.0. Probably nowhere near as much as I should have done, but at least it's something. I think you can expect to find the best new instances of such rooms in Sunshine Atoll, Gritty Columns, and Liftoff Gantry.

Can we expect some eye candy then?

Expect a few new rooms that are so gorgeous you'll wish I put that kind of detail in every square inch of every level. I wish it too, but that's where my skills and patience are currently lacking. But hey, it's always improving, so who knows?

Expect a few new rooms that are so gorgeous you'll wish I put that kind of detail in every square inch of every level. I wish it too, but that's where my skills and patience are currently lacking. But hey, it's always improving, so who knows?

And with patience and taking motivation somewhere you could slowly improving every square inch of every level. You could improve first the generals and most important rooms, giving it more details and then improve the small ones and the altarnative rooms.

And When will you release v6.0 (aproximately)?

That's actually what I'm attempting to do, but it's not that simple. Tortured Planet is by now a huge level pack (as far as I'm aware, it has become the largest level pack for SRB2 2.0). Thus, at that rate it could practically take years to sculpt every room into a masterpiece. This update focuses more on visual updates than any previous pack (despite also hosting a ton of new gimmicks), and if I have the time to work on this when I get to college (no guarantees there) I could continue to upgrade the visuals. But don't expect an overnight solution. My strategy has always been about laying down the basics and gradually improving it more and more.

As for when you can expect 6.0: very soon. I don't have a precise date in mind, but I'm pretty much putting the finishing touches on v6.0, so get ready.

Yes, keep all time you need. Also while you are updating this level pack, probably the official SRB2 is getting an update, so you could wait also for more stuff, and when you get more new things to add you could probably update the level pack adding new textures, gimmnicks, lenght and gameplay. Probably you though this, i remind you said me you will use only the official bosses.

For unlockables and emerald hunt in v 6.0:

what can we expect? (A Super Sonic level, a new level, mini games, shortcuts, archives or another type of easter egg?)

Tortured Planet is by now a huge level pack (as far as I'm aware, it has become the largest level pack for SRB2 2.0). Thus, at that rate it could practically take years to sculpt every room into a masterpiece.
I do wonder though: are you happy with this? Are you happy with a work so big that you can't manage it?

Hey, Fawfulfan, you are not going to like this, but I've just got yet another game crash in Alien Armageddon Zone, only this time it was in Act 1.

srb20021.png

At some point here, where the flags are, the game crashes. (This is near the deadly red jello pool, don't ask why I call it that.)

Last edited:
I do wonder though: are you happy with this? Are you happy with a work so big that you can't manage it?
I never said I can't manage it. Don't put words in my mouth. What I said was that it is too big for me to be able to transform it overnight.

As for that crash...that is unfortunate, but there actually happens to be a way around it in this case. That occurs after a path split, so anyone who suffers from that particular crash can just take the other path, and those who don't...well, that's great for them.

What I want to know is, why the hell does this crash happen for some and not others? I don't use the official EXE (instead I use Cinefast's fixed EXE) but that can't be the reason because I switched EXEs after designing these levels and never noticed a crash then.

Also, these flags are basically copies of the waving flags in CEZ2. Does this crash happen in CEZ2? If not, can anyone find a difference between those flags and my flags?

Last edited:
What I want to know is, why the hell does this crash happen for some and not others? I don't use the official EXE (instead I use Cinefast's fixed EXE) but that can't be the reason because I switched EXEs after designing these levels and never noticed a crash then.

Also, these flags are basically copies of the waving flags in CEZ2. Does this crash happen in CEZ2? If not, can anyone find a difference between those flags and my flags?
Hmm... I downloaded Cinefast's fixed EXE, and ran it through Alien Armageddon Zone 2, and... guess what? No crash, but in the Offical EXE, crash.

As with the flags, seeing as you said you copy pasted it from CEZ2, I honestly don't know why it crashes in your pack, but not in CEZ2, maybe something went wrong with them as you pasted them? Just making wild guesses here.

Tested it in Alien Armageddon Zone 1 with Cinefast's fixed EXE, and no crash happened, however...
srb20026.png

Your flags here came out broken, but they show on the other side from where I am.

Yet with the official EXE... crash.

Have you went through the level with the Offical EXE? Because you said that you switched EXEs after you designed the levels.

Oh and by the way...
srb20025.png

Found a nice REDWALL in the tunnel where you press buttons down to drain the water and to move on in Alien Armageddon Zone 1.

Last edited:
As I said before, I downloaded Cinefast's EXE after I created and tested Alien Armageddon Zone. So that's kind of a mystery, as is how a direct copy/paste can crash when the original doesn't.

So, for those who are having problems, I guess I just recommend switching to Cinefast's EXE. I would recommend that anyway, seeing as it features significant lag reduction in OpenGL Mode (even as someone who doesn't use OpenGL, it's nice to have the option). Perhaps in a future version, I'll find out how to eliminate the glitch too.

Oh, and I corrected that missing texture, too.

So that's kind of a mystery, as is how a direct copy/paste can crash when the original doesn't.
These are PolyObjects we're talking about, after all.

So, for those who are having problems, I guess I just recommend switching to Cinefast's EXE. I would recommend that anyway, seeing as it features significant lag reduction in OpenGL Mode (even as someone who doesn't use OpenGL, it's nice to have the option).
Yeah, because making all EIP locations invalid sure is a good tradeoff for fixing lag that I don't even experience.

I thought Cinefast was going to provide a special debug for his EXE. Evidently he hasn't, at least yet.

Fawlfulfan, I know you really want to ake the MOD better and better. So here's an suggestion. Instead of putting end signs at the end of the levels, you could put a new thing. An end signs are too much used. U could use, well... portals? I hope you understand it and accept it. I am a great fan of your mod.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

Hey, Fawfulfan, there's a new boss in Miscellaneous, the Egg Sand Sub. You could use it in Gritty Columns instead of the Egg Slimer.
*Only if you are using it already*

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

And if I change to Cinefast's Mod, I will lose my savegame of Alien Armageddon. Please not yet.

Okay, everyone...Get ready for Version 6.0! It's now compressed in RAR format, because it has become too big to upload as a ZIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back