Tortured Planet v9 (scmrtf_TorturedPlanet-v9.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I freaking love this idea. I wouldn't replace EVERY texture, but I could make a ton of buildings look way better this way. Of course, due credit will be provided.

Tortured Planet 6.3 is on its way!

As for the graphical improvements, it's really just editing a couple of boring boxy hallways to look a bit more interesting.

For Drowned Downtown Zone, please, please get rid of that graffiti texture and severely tone down the amount of moss on the moss texture. The level just looks awful everywhere I encounter those.

I played AAZ and i explore more of it. I really like the idea when the OVNI kidnapped me. I think that you have to put something like this in AAZ act 2 and remove the lastest part of this level that are horrendous (something like the leader of the OVNIs kidnapped the player, and he have to pass over several gimmnicks and guards to get the autodestruction switch).
·You could make some lights and movements for OVNIS.
·Remove the green snapers, pointys and snailers in AAZ they don't fit with the level.

And for SNZ act 2 my idea is that after you get the cave in the last part of act 2, the player must select one of two paths split (In one there are plattforms where the oil rise up and down, you have to jump plattforms when the oil is down, and in the other one the opossite gimnick, the oil is quiet and the the plattforms moves up and down. After that you find a big room with a waterfall inside the cave, a small river and beautiful decorations, where you must get the top that has the way to get the end of the level. This room could feature a few more ACZ rope pulleys (that was used only one time in act 2) that transport you from one section to another and a lot of obstacles. I know that you don't have a lot time but you could give SNZ a newer gimmnick and you could replace the long hallway that you make recently (this is very well done but there are a lot hallways in SNZ, so although the visuals are better, the gameplay start to be boring).

Also i think that the super sonic level must be part of the story line in Tortured Planet.

Edit: as for DDZ, please update their textures, i think the gameplay is great but the textures starts to be boring, and monotonous (they are to dark), also you could change the color of the textures in AAZ castle to make it feel from another planet.

Last edited:
I must say, I don't see where all the hate is coming from, I LOVE this level pack. I liked the details in most of your levels, Flume Shaft needs some work still though, but it is better then past levels. Also, you NEED to do something with the texture rips, I say you should double their size and then make them look better, sorta like what we was doing with srb2&k when it was still around.

Also, I can tell you liked Radian Caves alot by playing Snowcap Nimbus. ;D
srb20362.png

btw, there is a lot of places in the fire level (forgot the name :x) that you can't escape from, one of them is near the eletric shield in the big pipe:
srb20361.png

Anyways, great mod, keep up the good work!

Because we want as many Sonic levels as possible to look like Doom levels, amirite?

Yes.

I mean, sure, not EXACTLY all gloom and such, but this level can only benefit from the Duke textures. You have to admit, the Dark City building textures are just plain awful.

And of SRB2 mappers even put half the detail that Doom mappers do...
...Well, it'd probably lag or something, but it'd still be nice to have some more detail and attention to texture use.

Also, Doom =/= Duke.

Last edited:
Gotta go with D00D64 on this one. Fact is, I've agreed with him all along that the DCZ texture set sucks beyond belief. The only problem was that there aren't a whole lot of alternatives for a city level (as the vast collection of butt-ugly city level WADs attest to).

The Duke textures may not be very Sonic-y, but they sure beat the old texture set. I've already redecorated the first portion of DDZ1. Soon, I'll have revamped all of it, plus DDZ2, DDZ3, and Flooded Fray.

PROBLEM (BUG):

I found a several glitch in one of the plattforms in AAZ act 1, located in the high plattform where are two eggguards in the second room you see after the first starpost. In this rooms there are two sharps, some cannonballs and two or three minus.

Sorry for the multiples posts today.

xsrb0000.png

Speed Highway textures work ok in SRB2, too. :(
Anyway, I've played the new version some. I like quite a bit of the changes. I might do a better review sometime.

...Well, it'd probably lag or something, but it'd still be nice to have some more detail and attention to texture use.
Some of the really detailed rooms in Tortured Planet actually already lag like hell, which is noticeable in ECZ2. Especially the last big room should possibly be somehow modified to not show as much stuff on screen at once.

srb20347.png

srb20250.png

srb20354.png

That is my detailed work, but trust me, there are a few mappers out there that DO put in detail. *coughspherallicandnev3rcough*
Also,I don't really like that one screenshot of the Duke whatever textures... :x

Attention: Use those green plants you added to Sunshine Atoll Zone as stepping stones somewhere. Not only does that add a bit of gameplay and gives the plants a purpose besides decoration, you would also beat Blade to the punch with doing so :P

EDIT: Before anybody asks, both Blade and me had this idea separate from each other.

Attention: Use those green plants you added to Sunshine Atoll Zone as stepping stones somewhere. Not only does that add a bit of gameplay and gives the plants a purpose besides decoration, you would also beat Blade to the punch with doing so :P

Hey, he already ripped off my water wave idea. :(

Hey, he already ripped off my water wave idea. :(
He "ripped it off" without even knowing you did it too, since you never released that level. Also, you would be the one ripping off from him if you used his plants, wouldn't you?

Of course, this isn't the only instance of me and Blade ripping each other off. Remember, I ripped off his Thunder Factory fans, and he ripped off my Fume Shaft Starlight-esque stair movers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back