SRB2 Summer Fads: Canceled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shuffle said:
I'd also suggest PSOBB, but I'd hate the idea of having a huge guild, but not being able to have everybody in the game at once.
Split up the groups into even numbers then converse via Team Chat like we always have in the past.

Shuffle said:
Well, there's a Tribes 2 clone that I'd like to play, but the Master Server is completely empty. If we could get enough people from around here playing it, however, it wouldn't be.
Tribes is a really fun game. It's considered to be "FPS-Z", which is First Person Shooter with Z movement. The jetpack is used a LOT in Tribes. As in, you are almost always flying through the air. The freeware Tribes clone is almost exactly the same game, but with really ugly character models, but who cares?

M.V.P said:
What about legends? It's all free and it's like a clone of the game called tribes. Penopat had told me about the game on TeamSpeak. In my opinion, it's really fun to play.

http://legendsthegame.net/
Is that the game your talking about?

Corum. Made by the makers of FlyFF, this is a big twist on guilds as THE GUILDS CAN CONTROL AREAS. We could dominate Corum! Not even the GMs would be able to stop us! We have fanism and we are not afraid to use it! TOP OF THE WORLD MA!

And it is free as well.

Re: Submissions for SRB2 Summer Fad

furyhuryhunter600 said:
I have plans to host SRB2 tournaments this summer as well
Looks like I am not alone on this. :eek:
Also, I do not know if any of these games are kid friendly. :|
Looks like SRB2 Tournaments might be my only time.

Are any of these suggestions compatable with mac? Because I support anything mac compatable :P

I would suggest "Jedi academy", but that costs moneys :x

I would also suggest "Pokemon netbattle", but noone likes pokemon :x

*Think think think think*

What about puzzle pirates? It's free in the dubloon servers and it's more fun then it sounds

NeoJames said:
Are any of these suggestions compatable with mac? Because I support anything mac compatable :P

I would suggest "Jedi academy", but that costs moneys :x

I would also suggest "Pokemon netbattle", but noone likes pokemon :x

*Think think think think*

What about puzzle pirates? It's free in the dubloon servers and it's more fun then it sounds

Meh. It gets boring.

Kaiser the Dragon said:
Fly For Fun- The only free MMORPG where you can fly around at will, 1 starter class, 4 LV 15 classes, 8 LV 60 classes.

Vagrant>Magician>Elementor
Vagrant>Magician>Psykeeper
Vagrant>Mercenary>Blade
Vagrant>Mercenary>Knight
Vagrant>Assist>Ringmaster
Vagrant>Assist>Billposter
Vagrant>Acrobat>Ranger
Vagrant>Acrobat>Jester

flyff.gpotato.com

There are 5 server clusters (From oldest to newest: Lawolf, Aibatt, Mia, Mushpoie, Glaphan) each with 3 regular servers and 1 PK server.

You level up by killing enemies. When you level up, you can buy/get new armor and distribute stat points. Eventually (around LV 10) you should be able to fight enemies of a higher level than you and live.

Assists: These characters can go any way. If you are a Battle Assist, put 2 stat points in STR, 2 stat points in STA, and 1 stat point in DEX, and repeat. If you are just going to give buffs (Increase stats) put 1 stat point on STA and INT, and repeat.

Acrobats: I don't even know. I never made one.

Magician: If you are going Elementor, use the Buffer Assist build. As far as Psykeepers go... no clue.

Mercenary: STR and STA build for Knights. The heck if I know about Blade builds. DEX is best for Blades.

Guilds? Yeah, we have those.

Guild wars are here as well. You go through the towns and kill each other.
You can also fight Clockworks, a massive enemy. Magicians can use Blinkpool to get inside Clockworks' Cage. But THEY WILL DIE! Sometimes, instead of having only a guild fight, a GM will send Clockworks outside and it will LAG.

Yes, it is free. GPotatoes are for the Cash Shop and utterly optional.

I have a level 32 assist on the Mushpoie server cluster and a level 9 vagrant on the Lawolf server.
Same here.

I'm all in for Bomberman, although I don't see why we can't just stick to "Summer Fads" like Blockland, TM:Nations, or even ZSNES.

I suggest that we play Gunbound. It is a shooting strategy game similar to worms. It has a guild system, and I could make a SRB2Fun guild. It is simple to learn and takes no leveling up or grinding. The games can go up to 4 vs 4 so many people can be on at once. The game is free and can be found at gunbound.ijji.com

This game also has low requirements - My 128 MB Ram 980 MHz computer can run it fine. =3

Honestly, "summer fads" generally aren't planned, and I seriously doubt declaring a "summer fad" will actually get anyone into it.

We'll find out what the #srb2fun summer fad is when it happens.

Spazzo said:
I'm all in for Bomberman, although I don't see why we can't just stick to "Summer Fads" like Blockland, TM:Nations, or even ZSNES.

yay blockland. TBM was facking awesome.

As for Freeciv, I once attempted playing it, but it's quite a bit different than Civilization IV. But I wouldn't mind playing, although it doesn't have any clan kind of thing due to it being a TBS and it's pretty time consuming. I like the idea of video game based civs, though. :3

I wouldn't mind playing Gunbound as long as we play Thor's Hammer on a private server with high rates. :)

Pokemon Netbattle is a bit too "low-end", how you say. It's a Pokemon netbattle sim, not a RPG or a RTS, and won't hold attention for very long at all.

Corum appears to be like FlyFF, which I have so far have the guess that it's another grindfest.

Also, Mystic, I'm assuming the main point of this topic is to check out the games and get a group going on it. I would of never found out about some of these games (or cared) if I didn't locate them in this topic. D:

I can't stand Gunbound or Blockland due to the large amount of rulebreaking (especially accidentally) and drama that takes place in those two games. Might I suggest a game with a sensible administration/rules that don't allow people to do stupid things by accident? Also, Blockland is a pain to build anything in without making the FPS drop down to the single-digits (Seriously, I have to use the Editor Wand? Give me a break).

FoxBlitzz said:
I can't stand Gunbound or Blockland due to the large amount of rulebreaking (especially accidentally) and drama that takes place in those two games. Might I suggest a game with a sensible administration/rules that don't allow people to do stupid things by accident? Also, Blockland is a pain to build anything in without making the FPS drop down to the single-digits (Seriously, I have to use the Editor Wand? Give me a break).

If I recall, the latest 1.0 version of Blockland was bragged to supposedly run dramatically faster.

Also, one advantage of a GunBound private server is that, well, it's private instead of being overrun with fargort n00bs, which helps. Although, honestly, I haven't played Gunbound in such a long time.

Penopat said:
If I recall, the latest 1.0 version of Blockland was bragged to supposedly run dramatically faster.

You still have to deal with huge polycounts if you're creating rows of bricks normally. Instead, you have to use the Editor Wand if you are to do any serious building (which is very irritating). Also, what Playah said.

While it's not free, STJr has been known to have fun now and then with Giants: Citizen Kabuto

Re: Submissions for SRB2 Summer Fad

SuperMecha said:
Looks like I am not alone on this. :eek:
Also, I do not know if any of these games are kid friendly. :|
Looks like SRB2 Tournaments might be my only time.
What would you define as "Kid friendly", and why should we care? :X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back