Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terra looks awful to play as. Seeing gameplay as him just looks like "Mash buttons to make slow powerful overpowered attacks"

Aqua looks better. :p

Terra looks awful to play as. Seeing gameplay as him just looks like "Mash buttons to make slow powerful overpowered attacks"

Aqua looks better. :p

In my opinion, the slower the character the harder the gameplay, but regardless I have to agree with you. The ridiculous amount of power of his abilities may dwindle the challenge, though I'll have to determine it better in live gameplay than a visual. Still I'm not a big fan of high powered characters. Aqua on the other hand looks way more balanced and not blistering with power or overwhelming combos like Ven and Terra so I'll probably enjoy gameplay with her more. Of course I always wanted to play as Terra since viewing his boss fight in Final Mix II so the scales are tipping for me.

I have to say that the only thing i'm liking about Birth by Sleep is the option of playing as different characters.

His bossfight in KHII FM+ isn't going to be his real move set....
If your implying that I wanted to play as Terra to see if he would have the same move set as his final mix counter part, your highly mislead. I want to play as Terra cause I like Terra. Reguardless, I knew this from the get-go, though he does contail one attack that is similar to one of the moves his counter part has. Some type of cannon attack if I remember.

Last edited:
Am I the only person lurking this thread that sees the name "Terra" and thinks of the girl in FFVI? Why would they name a character that in a game using crossovers with Final Fantasy? It boggles my mind.

I don't really think so, I think the name "Terra" itself is trying to link Terra to Riku. I'm probably wrong about this one though.

From what I can understand Sora means "sky". Now, Ventus means "wind". There's a subtle connection between their names. Same thing goes for Kairi and Aqua. "Kai" can mean "the sea", while Aqua, is well, water. From what I looked up in a 5 minute google search (on everything on what I'm saying). Riku means "land", while Terra means earth.

I'm not sure on a lot of that though, except for Sora/Ventus; I'm pretty sure about the definition of their names is correct.

Well, it's partly the localization of FFVI changing her name from "Tina" to "Terra". Tina is a really exotic-sounding name in Japanese, but it's a common English name, so they changed her name to Terra to keep the original intent.

It just seems like they could find another name with the same meaning to go with it instead of using a name they already used. As it is it just makes me think of someone else.

Nomura posted an entry in the official KH blog (I didn't know there was one out there). I'll put it in spoiler tags since he throws some information about certain scenes in the trailer.
December 30th 2009

Creator Message (Tetsuya Nomura)

Good morning.
Are you all having fun with FFXIII?
I’m Nomura, and this is my second time appearing here.

They suddenly told me that I had to write a blog entry after they’ve put up the new trailer.
But I was late with it again.

So what did you think of the new trailer?
There is quite a lot of stuff we packed into it. We even included some scenes from a secret event.

This time we thought we shouldn’t put too many of the best scenes in the game in the trailer, since that would give away too much. So instead we took a little bit from a secret scene instead, as a last resort. I hope you’ll watch all of the main scenes of the game for yourself.

Also, I feel that this time we’ve created quite a good game.
How you’ve arranged your Deck Commands will play a big part in how you get through battles. So collected a lot of Commands, and try out which ones work best.

For me, the first time I had trouble was in Olympus Colosseum.
In the tournament you have to fight a series of battles under a time limit.
There is an Unversed called “Buckle Bruiser” that, well... keeps repelling your attacks.

It’s even more irritating than the “Large Body” Heartless....
Once the time limit was up, I switched around my Deck Commands and tried again.

So everyone, please be careful of the “Buckle Bruiser”.
Also, watch out for the timing on your Shoot Locks. You’ll need it.

One special feature in this game is the “Command Board”.
It’s different from the rest of the game, and will give you a nice break.
I’m really happy we put it in.

Even if you don’t win, you don’t have to reset. You can upgrade your Commands and play as many times as you want. So you can just take it easy and have fun with it.

We’ve put a lot of different elements into this game, and I really feel that we’ve made an interesting one. We only have a little longer before it releases.

So you better invite your friends while you can, since you can play on adhoc.
I’ll see you again next time, when they make me write another entry on release day.

I hope you have a good New Years.

Director
Tetsuya Nomura

http://forums.khinsider.com/future-...r-message-tetsuya-nomura-message-kingdom.html

The director of the game had a little trouble in the Colosseum, eh? Sounds like a decent challenge, anywho the game seems to have shaped up nicely. I'm definitely buying a PSP for this game.

Last edited:
This topic's pretty dead right now, so what better way to cheer the mood than spoilers. So, now, if we are to put spoilers (or talk about it for that matter) lets use spoiler tags. There's a livestream in there too, if anyone is interested. Oh, and the intro.

http://forums.khinsider.com/spoilers/142653-extream-spoilers-whole-story-bbs.html

Another Confirmation of Vanitas is Sora with black hair, I think It's for real this time.

The opening theme is an arranged version of Hikari.
First is the Land of Departure.
You do the tutorial, pick a character, and then there a scene of the Master Qualification Exam.
This has the scene from the trailer where the two fight.
Only Aqua can be chosen to be a Master.
They say Terra has darkness in his heart.
In Terra’s story, after this, there’s a conversation with Master Xehanort, and a scene in which everyone gathers and departs.
Including the tutorial, this part takes about 30 minutes I guess.
All the worlds are as below:
*the order in which you visit them changes according to the character
Enchanted Dominion–>Dwarf Woodland–>Castle of Dreams–>Radiant Garden–>Disney Town–>Olympus Colliseum–>Deep Space–>Neverland–>Keyblade Graveyard
Yen Sid’s place and Mirage Arena are worlds but they’re small, and you go to Destiny Islands during cutscene, but you can’t play there.
Yen Sid’s place isn’t on the current map; you go up the stairs and it’s suddenly there, connected to the very highest room lol
Things that haven’t been in magazines yet:
Terra’s Dark Impulse Style Change
If you use Dark-type etc. in the first level, it will come in the second level. The movements are unique and make me think of anti-form lol
The dark aura is very cool.
Vanitas is a being made from Ven’s extracted darkness.
Master Xehanort is using Terra to get the X-blade, and Terra is tricked into taking revenge against Erauqs.
Terra’s story concludes with Master Xehanort taking over his body, and finishes after becoming a thought-body (armour) and defeating Xehanort.
Braig appears as an enemy
Also, it seems you can watch all the cut-scenes from the character you cleared.
The level of difficulty is incomparable to Terra’s story.
After the Master Qualification Exam, she is ordered to bring back Ven, who set off after Terra, and to observe Terra.
Aqua’s story generally seems to revolve around following those two, and it feels kind of like collecting foreshadowing.
Aqua’s the only one who meets Kairi.
You fight Vanitas 3 times in Aqua’s story.
In the last of the series of battles, you also fight Braig, but unlike in Terra’s story, he’s pretty tough.
Timeline-wise, this probably happens after Ven’s story. You must defeat Ven, who has been taken over by Vanitas (the clothes are Vanitas but the face is Ven), as the last boss.
Aqua and Ven are saved by Mickey
Ven, sleeping at Yen Sid’s place, can’t wake up
Aqua’s story ends when she goes to look for Terra, who has disappeared.
Aqua’s characteristic style Ghost Drive has too many unique mannerisms, and Blade Chain felt stronger.
In any case, attack power is pretty difficult from around Radiant Garden, and so it’s no good fighting without keeping magic in mind, I think.
You can win more effectively if you use attribute-less types like detonation-type or magnetic-type.
After getting Blade Chain, I used that all the time though lol
I don’t have time for Ven’s story, so I’ll just put something little together
Ven is the only one who meets Org. members other than Braig.
In the last battle, you are forced to D-link with Vanitas
Ven’s the only one with glide.
It’s easy to handle, but in the early stages, attack range is a problem, and you strike and miss a lot. I prefered command barrage.
Of the Destiny Islands cutscenes, Ven’s the only one who doesn’t meet Sora and Riku, and is the only one who has a conversation with Vanitas.
Under Vanitas’ helmet is a black-haired Sora.

Spoiler Thread: The Latest pages are more useful:
http://forums.khinsider.com/spoilers/142630-official-birth-sleep-spoiler-thread.html
Heh, Vanitas being a Black Hair Sora was obvious if you ask me; wouldn't hide his face if he wasn't someone we don't know.

EDIT: A livestream going on, at the current time of this post, Terra was fighting Braig (without his scars and eyepatch). Oh Braig got his eye shot out by Terra, ouch. http://www.justin.tv/inunonanahou#r=1AO4I4E

Here's the intro also, in case anyone's interested.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4z5W2n3GhM

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back