SRB2 Riders v1.46.4X (srb2riders.exe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Akuma TH said:
M.V.P said:
Akuma TH said:
If this reaches 100 this will be the biggest topic in SRB2 history
No my friend. I think you have things mixed up.

This in fact, is the biggest topic in SRB2 history.

http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/view...=0&postorder=asc&highlight=avatars&start=1995

Yes,but its locked.Locked topics dont count.
But, I beg to differ, it must! To claim the biggest topic in SRB2's history, it must indeed be bigger than any other topics, or else it would only be second biggest topic in its history, which makes it far less interesting.

...So, uh... yeah. I honestly don't think adding in many characters would be a good idea, or else there'd be much difficulty in making them all unique. From experience with Sonic R, 9 seems like a good maximum.

I'll Begin said:
I've been thinking, is it REALLY nessesary to add "rider" at the end of the character's names now that we have the EXE?

As in sonicrider.wad?

or just when you play the game the character you play as is called sonic rider?

I think you would need it called something like tailsrider.wad in a folder but not ingame because if it was just tails.wad then there is probably some tails.wad already.

Why not try to add .rider as extention? Sonicrider.rider might confuse n00bs, and get them to play the exe, instead of always trying to add it in-game.

Super mystic sonic said:
Why not try to add .rider as extention? Sonicrider.rider might confuse n00bs, and get them to play the exe, instead of always trying to add it in-game.
If you do something like that, could you put an option that makes the game automaticaly add any character with the extention of .rider or whatever it would be called.

Super mystic sonic said:

Better, rename it to sonicrider.rdr! (Short for Rider, but it looks more like a valid filetype.)

Jurai_Madman said:
A valid file extension can have from three to five characters. I take "A+ Computer Repair and Maintenance".
I've used a program back in the Windows 3.1 days that saved it's files with a two-character filename. Also, what about Thumbs.db?

The Riders idea looks like a lot of fun! I can't wait to try it out! (And my fave character is there--yay!)

------------------------------------------------
Since I can't resist going off-topic....

File extensions today can be anywhere from 1 character up. And if you're talking traditional DOS limits, it has a strict limit of 3 characters. The whole 8.3-backwards-compatibility-spin-around-on-one-foot-dance thing in Windows is just silly.

And on Linux, extensions are optional for most common file types, since it's common on Linux for software to just inspect the file to discover its type. But I use them anyway because I need to be compatible with the rest of the world that way, and it makes quickly identifying the file type easier. But I almost never give random text files (simple notes, scratch pads, and such) extensions.

One of these days I should just zip up a bunch of files of various types without extensions and send them to a Windows user.... :P

The only reason the character wads would be renamed or have the .wad changed would be so that n00bs won't use it without the main exe, so it's not a big deal. We all know that they'll always find ways to pass the problem and add the file again, so changing the names would be a waste of time.

Here's the news on the mod:

All FLY ramps are shorter from heightness, so they won't ever slow you down randomly.

Metal City has a bigger slope at the start and a building scenery.

Splash Canyon's "broken bridge suspender" bug has been fixed.

Egg Factory has a lot of slopes now, and the end part from when you fall onto the finish line is now longer, so you won't miss the springs.

Green Cave has a big slope at the start, the cave glitch has been fixed, and the pointless extra path where the 1up was is gone.

Sand Ruins has a floating block for scenery inside the cave.

The new extra level now named "Night Chase" is 90% done, as I need to put in items and scenery.

Tails now has a complete set of standing and walking sprites, and will have hurt and a new running (on-board) set of sprites.

Digital Dimension might get hold off for a bit, and as I said before a long time ago, I won't make SEGA Carnival.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back