Sonic #19 on eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darn... I'd send you a lot of money for nothing, but I can't. :? I would be poor and sending a lot of people lots of money if I could, though. So maybe it's better that I must save this small fortune I have...

it is spam... but... it is sonic related, and it really isnt SSNTails' spam, it ebay's spam. Darn it ebay!

SUPER EDIT: It is a classic after all...

Ooh, spam. You're gonna have to talk to Mystic about this!

Heh, I'd say something about Mystic just to be silly here, but...nah.. he's too cool. :mrgreen:

Unfortunately, my interest in the Archie comics has dwindled to the point where I'm most interested in just reading the rants and raves of people at the MoFo as to why former webmaster/admin WB'd art is great (Note: that's "John Gray" to you non-MoFo/GHZers and "Dub" to just about everyone else) and why Tommy Turtle is only the most vile and evil being in the existance of the comic and stuff. (Besides, I think I have that issue already.)

I'll admit, though, the thought of their universe somehow colliding with the games' would be most tantalizing. In a fanfiction-y way. So... I'll keep thinking about that while the rest of the world doesn't care. Yeah.

If that officially happened then they'd never get rid of the gigantic crowd of characters and eventually Sonic would die.

I have issue #0 of one of the early series... Why do they start at number 0, anyway? I dun get it...

Geona said:
If that officially happened then they'd never get rid of the gigantic crowd of characters and eventually Sonic would die.
Well, I meant, say, if only the Sonics wound up swapping thanks to an accidental but much more complex Chaos Control. (Maybe Sally as well, in Archie's case, at this stage she'd go ballistic if she lost Sonic again.) Then both Sonics would have to get a grip on the situation and at how DIFFERENT it is, and do it fast since in both cases something really bad is about to happen and they're the only ones around who can stop it.

It's that thought that's been tantalizing me for quite a while, really. I've already come up with an interesting idea for what would happen on Earth's side, but I'm kinda running on empty for the Mobius side of things.

I mean, for Earth... well, remember that Xorda deal in Archie? How it was their gene bomb that changed it into "Mobius" and created the furries and stuff? Well, suppose that this Earth (from Adventure, remember, it has the furries already) was only JUST ABOUT to meet the peaceful ambassador they were sending, and since the Sonic from the other universe knows what's going to happen if the humans just have it their way (capture, disect, inspect, then get their planet practically decimated), and is in the general vicinity, has to ensure that the deal goes through and that this Earth is NOT gene-bombed. Easier said than done, since GUN's leader is incredibly paranoid about this thing, much like Kent Mansley was in The Iron Giant, and wants it DEAD. A bit cliched, maybe, but a LOT more epic than a good deal of Sonic plotlines (and it's better than Heroes, admit it).

Of course, like I said, it's not something anyone else is bound to care about and more something I'm thinking over in my head to keep ME entertained. It accomplishes that rather well, though.

Shadow Hog said:
Geona said:
Well, I meant, say, if only the Sonics wound up swapping thanks to an accidental but much more complex Chaos Control. (Maybe Sally as well, in Archie's case, at this stage she'd go ballistic if she lost Sonic again.) Then both Sonics would have to get a grip on the situation and at how DIFFERENT it is, and do it fast since in both cases something really bad is about to happen and they're the only ones around who can stop it.

It's that thought that's been tantalizing me for quite a while, really. I've already come up with an interesting idea for what would happen on Earth's side, but I'm kinda running on empty for the Mobius side of things.

I mean, for Earth... well, remember that Xorda deal in Archie? How it was their gene bomb that changed it into "Mobius" and created the furries and stuff? Well, suppose that this Earth (from Adventure, remember, it has the furries already) was only JUST ABOUT to meet the peaceful ambassador they were sending, and since the Sonic from the other universe knows what's going to happen if the humans just have it their way (capture, disect, inspect, then get their planet practically decimated), and is in the general vicinity, has to ensure that the deal goes through and that this Earth is NOT gene-bombed. Easier said than done, since GUN's leader is incredibly paranoid about this thing, much like Kent Mansley was in The Iron Giant, and wants it DEAD. A bit cliched, maybe, but a LOT more epic than a good deal of Sonic plotlines (and it's better than Heroes, admit it).

Of course, like I said, it's not something anyone else is bound to care about and more something I'm thinking over in my head to keep ME entertained. It accomplishes that rather well, though.

Would someone please tell me what the heck goes on in that comic?!

WAAAAAY too much to explain in one post, but I'll give it a try anyway.

Around #125 some aliens, the Xorda, came to Mobius saying that this was really Earth and that they'd thought they'd killed everything on it when their peace attempts were foiled.

So, they decided to use this black hole creator to destroy the Solar System.

Sonic and everybody else stops it.

Sonic winds up on the other side of the galaxy.

Sonic travels back to Mobius over the course of six weeks.

When he gets back a year has passed.

Xorda threat looms even a year later, just nothing else has happened yet.

Yes, it's that convoluted.

The old ones were better. Much less complicated and a lot funnier. Worst thing they ever did was get rid of the script writer Mike Gallagher.

Judging from the reviews I've seen, more people'd argue it was hiring script writer Romy Chacon. Because everybody LOVES Tommy the Turtle so MUCH [not].

Besides, they've effectively rewritten the whole thing with the "Home" story. At least, that's the impression I've gotten; a lot of people think it's a great rewrite of the entire formula into something a little less convoluted.

Me? I'm still not buying it. I have a seething hatred for the term "Mobius" that just randomly popped up out of nowhere around three years ago and hasn't really dissipated that much during the same time period. Dunno why, either, though no doubt SA2 and misinformed newbies have something to do with it.

Kill me if i sound stupid, but i thought the xorda was pretty cool. a little more work could have made it better, but still.

Adventures of Sonic? that piece of crap show? I remember watching that as a kid. at the time I didn't know what quality was. But now, I see what a lame junk heap it was, with all the "cool" lines and there's scratch and... whatever the tank guy's name was! crap beyond all possible point. and what kind of screwed up world was that? because it wasn't Mobius or Earth, just some bland checkered pattern.

It was mobius, because that Dr. Robotnik wanted to be the "Supreme dictator of mooooobius! Bwahahahahahahaaaaa!" or something like that. There were a lot of giant rotten egg jokes that noone got because we didn't know he was the "Eggman" at that time... Not most people, anyhow :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back