SRB2 Riders v1.46.4X (srb2riders.exe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, that's how I was planning on making the Title Screen. Have both Mario and Sonic together in their proper vehicles. And since the Riders/Kart controls are completely different, I'll add a Control pic to the Help/F1 pic.

And for anyone who wants to help, all I ask is to try and make some levels. If you can't, then it's ok. I've also added Ground the Fox's Knuckles sprites and that Eggman pic to the mod already.

For the Kart progress, I've already added the Mushroom power. You get it, and it won't activate until you press the Fire button. Once you do, you blast off, using the Uber Run code from Riders, for about a second or so. Karts are still controlled without the uber run, just the normal SRB2 way.

First off, I would just love to say that i think this mod is the best i've ever seen. I've actually got a copy of riders for ps2 and it's amazing how when you haven't got slopes you can still make the tracks as realistic as they are. Even the bits where you're guided through bits of the track by one way or another. i only have 2 quarms with it though

1) You could make the levels a little bigger or make the riders a little slower. because a lot of the time for example on Sand Ruins, most of the time when going full whack you hit the wall above the opening. now on riders i've never smacked into the wall above the opening no matter how fast i went (don't know if super sonic does it though i haven't unlocked him).
2) The textures in the 3rd Part of Digital Dimension look really bad. it hurt my eyes when riding through it, even for the short amount of time. it takes to go through that part.

Now, for a whole game and only two quarms from me, and the fact that the topic is up to the mid 140's, you must be doing something right. Keep it up. There are three questions I would like to ask though.

1) Would it be possible for a system to be implemented where you "Ride the slipstream." like on Riders?
2) Would it be possible to implement a system where you can bash the arrow keys or waddle analog stick (whatever you use) to gain air and move slightly faster during the parts where you are guided along the track.
3) Would a Zero Gravity Mod be possible?

I don't know much anything SOCs or coding of the SRB2 sorts. However i'm nearly done with my College work so I can attempt to learn fast and help you out. Don't know what i can do though, whether it's levels or characters, SOC's or HUD screens. i'll find a way to help out somehow. If you'll let me.

Shame, Real shame. I thought I'd saw somewhere people doing a still spindash in mid air. (jump then use spindash) and they float in mid air. while doing the spindash. while they're in a spindash in mid air they could aim up down left and right you see. i thought it would work like that. if i can find the vid I'll post a link. I think it was in a super smash bros sr2b vid.

supersonic001 said:
most of the time when going full whack you hit the wall above the opening. now on riders i've never smacked into the wall above the opening no matter how fast i went (don't know if super sonic does it though i haven't unlocked him).

I've tested that, (On real sonic riders, PS2 version. Must... Get... GC version...)and when I went reeeeal slow off those arrow thingys, I landed on the sand in front of the opening. ^_^

supersonic001 said:
3) Would a Zero Gravity Mod be possible?

Zero Gravity is not as good as the first one, not sense of speed in it. Besides, I think this is not giong to be srb2riders for very long anymore...

incase you havent noticed it,
shayne said:
Chaos Zero 64 said:
shayne, are you sure you downloaded the right zip? It should be on my site, here:
http://cz64.sepwich.com/files/srb2riders.zip

Hopefully, you're not getting the ancient zip from Lithium Powered.

If you got it from my Sepwich site, then try deleting all the riders files, and unzipping them again. Maybe the computer is not actually overwriting the old files.

The current and latest mod should have zlib1.dll and libpng13.dll included.
ok, i did that, and followed the link, but still the same! oh well, i used it as a wad to check out the levels, and very nice!

oh, and i would perfer it stay mainly srb2 riders, with mario kart mode as an unlockable

Chrome the hedgehog said:
Zero Gravity is not as good as the first one, not sense of speed in it. Besides, I think this is not giong to be srb2riders for very long anymore...

Yes i agree Zero Gravity didn't have the immersion of speed that the original did. (i suppose it was all a plan to make gravity dive or whatever it was look faster) but i enjoyed the gravity controls. and i just wondered if it were possible to have it in SRB2 riders. plus i enjoyed the track (no matter how many twists or turns there were in there. i suppose Zero G level design would be hard because of the l imitations of the doom engine. however the zero gravity function itself i suppose could be done with some serious trial and error. but then again as i mentioned before i know nothing when it comes to SOCs so in terms of SOC coding you can pretty much ignore me.

Shayne said:
oh, and i would perfer it stay mainly srb2 riders, with mario kart mode as an unlockable

I agree with you there shayne. SRB2 was still called Sonic Robo Blast 2 despite there being a mario and a NiGHTS themed unlockable level. so why should this have the game name changed from riders just when there's a mario kart extension. (maybe if the mario kart thing became half the game then maybe but not if there's like 5 levels of karting and 20 levels or riders.)

EDIT: just some minor grammar fixes.

I downloaded the game but it is saying that I need the "srb2.wad". Does that even exist?

@jacy:Srb2.srb but renamed.

Well...i just got to re-download it!Well...my ratings

Metal city...Aww...screw this...i give all the levels 100000000000/10!!!it's the best EXE alive!Good work...anyway...are there going to be more characters than the original ones and the ones that you haven't added?(Unlockables,Things like that)

shayne, since you're really doing everything I've said, then I'm not sure what in the world keeps the exe from opening. But just in case, if you already have FinalDemo1094.exe and srb2riders.zip, then I suggest you try to install both on a new Folder. To try and not overwrite anything. Also, I wouldn't know much of it, but if you're running on Vista, that might be the problem. srb2win.exe might run, but srb2riders.exe is compiled in a different program, and -might- be causing the problem. If you seriously have an XP or below, and it's still not running, then I guess you somehow can't open the program. You seem to be the only one here who can't seem to get it open. I think it's best if you specifically tell me everything that you're doing, and what kind of computer you have.

For a Zero Gravity mod, it would be much more work for me, but it might also be possible. Aside from the many loops, you can perform that Anti-Gravity thing by suddenly going from high speeds to 5 MPH, charge it up, and then release it. You'd go faster than the average rider. But I still don't see the point in that. It's the same as stopping and holding the Spin button on SRB2. And for the second gravity thing, only if I had the 1.1 code, where you can walk on the ceilings. But since it's high speeds, you could easily loose your control, so it would be for a very short distance.

supersonic001 said:
1) You could make the levels a little bigger or make the riders a little slower.
I sort of did something that could help you practice the controls. Now, your Top Speed changes when you get a Level Up. When your Air Tank is Lv 1, you go just as slow as when you're playing Match. Lv 3 is the current speed that you guys have. Might not be much, but I barely feel any change when I get a level up, which is good. That means it'll be easier to get used to the speed.

supersonic001 said:
2) The textures in the 3rd Part of Digital Dimension look really bad. it hurt my eyes when riding through it, even for the short amount of time. it takes to go through that part.
You're the first guy who ever mentioned that before. I guess since you're new, you haven't checked those textures much. It'll grow on you.

I could also rip the textures right out of the game, but as I recall, it's simple and dull. I only get certain types of textures, like the ones you've seen on Metal City.

supersonic001 said:
1) Would it be possible for a system to be implemented where you "Ride the slipstream." like on Riders?
We tried before. And by 'we', I mean Draykon. It was back when this was an SOC mod. You just left trails of the THOK sprites behind you, and that's it.

supersonic001 said:
2) Would it be possible to implement a system where you can bash the arrow keys or waddle analog stick (whatever you use) to gain air and move slightly faster during the parts where you are guided along the track.
Probably, but I don't know much about coding. Most of the stuff you see is either luck, or was simple enough for me to understand. And for something as small as that, I wouldn't really be into it.

Current Progress:

I added a new 'Random TV' for Mario Kart. Since you're not supposed to see Sonic's Monitor on a Mario level, I had to make a new one. And this one is coded to only spawn Mario Stuff. The current Kart items are the Mushroom and the Star. They both activate when you press the Fire button.

The last items will be a Banana, a Bomb, a Fake Item Box, and a Shell. And I sort of figured out how to make them follow you. Once you get the Random Box, the item will spawn right away, but be invisible. It's gonna follow you using the Cape Code*. Once you press the fire button, it'll go to the Second Frame, where you'll get to see the Item, and once you let go of the Fire Button, it'll stop following you.

*The Cape Code was used back in SRB2 v1.08 when there wasn't a real Super Sonic. Superman's cape used to follow you around. The code is still dormant, and I'll use it to make Items follow you.

A few questions for you CZ64, I'm making a map for Mario Kart mode:

Will the Karts be able to jump?

How will you want the player starts positioned?

What will you do to the checkpoints?

Will you need coins in the level?

No jump, but just like Mario Kart 64, you can make a small hop, that will become a big jump if you do it from a high cliff. You can see it on Royal Raceway.

The same way the Mario Kart series does it. 2 columns with 8 players.

Probably leave them as it is right now. I'm not really planning on making them invisible, but if everyone else want them to, I guess I'll do it.

No coins or rings. As for the Monitors, just use the Random Monitors. Try placing them in 1, 2, or 3 different rows.

Sorry forgot this one. :3

Will you allow enemies in your levels? Basicly, only goombas.

I'm not really planning on editing crawlas/goombas. If you want to add them, there's gonna have to be 2 linedefs with the NOBADNIKS flag. And they'll probably sit still on a corner once the second lap starts.

New sprite for Storm (after a long time of not thinking about donig it...):
STORMA12.png
STORMA2A8.png

It's been a long time since I made the first sprite...

I know... I'm stupidly slow at making this. I wish my decision on what to do was better... I might ask CZ64 to help if I feel that I'll take too long to finish this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back