SRB2 Riders v1.46.4X (srb2riders.exe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well once I'm done with the Mario Kart items, I'll finish things up, and release it. By that, I mean finish Jet, make some levels, finish the Credits pics, and that's it. Right now, the Green Shell is causing me a lot of problems, but I have an idea on how to get around it.

I'll let you guys know when I finished with those items. Once I do, it should be about a month or less to make the rest of the stuff in the To-Do list.

My map is ready, or at least its complete with not so much scenery. Should I PM it to you?

Personally, SRB2 Races is a great idea, so long as you keep to it being SRB2. Because Karts would be great, just no Mario *shot*.

But if you add Mario, then it isn't really SRB2. Sonic characters are the only ones that should be in it, in my opinion.

Monster Iestyn said:
Sonic already has his own board, and doesn't need a Kart, does he?
Maybe not, but I do know that Team Rebellion would have pimpmobiles and... *shot*

Well, on a more serious note, we'll just simply keep all the Mario-related stuff as unlockables while the main game focuses on Riders. It's no good renaming to SRB2 Races if it's going to be mainly Sonic Riders.

Monster Iestyn said:
But who would be riding the Karts if Mario can't? Sonic already has his own board, and doesn't need a Kart, does he?

But what if Espio or MetalSonic uses them? Each board has a standard of 3 characters or something. So Sonic, Tails and Knux use Boards, Eggman, Shadow, MetalSonic use Bikes and Espio, Cream, Blaze/Silver(?) use Karts.

Put into a more readable thing:-

Boards:

Sonic
Tails
Knux

Bikes:

Eggman
Shadow
MetalSonic

Karts:

Espio
Cream
Silver/Blaze

@JetTheHawk:
Shouldn't Shadow have boots? He's already been given a board in the current version. And who said MetalSonic, Espio, Cream, Blaze or Silver were going to be in the mod?

MetalSonic has only ridden a Kart in some of the games he is playable in (which are Sonic Drift 1 and 2), but never a board or Bike. I don't think he would fit the mod anyway.

Espio's color changes when his sprites are placed in the current version of the mod. And he's never ridden a board, bike or Kart, which forces you to have to make up the board's/Bike's/Kart's design yourself since there was never one for him.

Cream hasn't even been made yet. Besides, she would be given a board since it's the only thing that she has out of the vehicles you've listed there, JetTheHawk.

As for Blaze and Silver... Blaze has not been finished yet. And I think CZ64 said they were not going to be in SRB2 Riders, but they could be made as Addons... And they would be more assosciated with boards, as they have boards in Sonic Rider:Zero Gravity.

CZ64, if you want, I could make a few more Mario Kart maps. They will all be totaly custom of course. I have plenty of designs just waiting to be put somewhere.

For everyone's discussion on who's going to be in:

I didn't really say that they were not going to be in the Riders mod. I also didn't said I was plan on making them at all. To put it simply, if I make a new character for Riders, then I would have to make all the walking frames, which would take most of my time. Karts, however, are a different story. All I have to do is make whoever I choose to be sitting down, and then paste them on a Kart. That's it, a brand new character is available. But yeah, I haven't planned on who's going to be in. But I was thinking Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles, and Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Wario, and Bowser. If you guys want to sprite now, then I'll start spriting the Karts. It's gonna be big enough for SRB2 Sonic to sit perfectly, not a cruddy sprite rip.

Also, Monster Iestyn pointed out again that Espio can't be on this mod. Remember that his "Purple" color isn't there. Purple is Rouge/Wave's color, and Pink is Amy's color.

And Chrome, sure. You made a great level, and so I couldn't mind a few more. I was thinking of making a level similar to the GCN's 'Wario's Colloseum', but I still want to finish the coding before I do anything like that.

And just to let you know, if you want zoom tubes, then don't worry if they are broken. I got a fixed code here, which is also on the riders version that you guys have. So if you want to test Zoom Tubes, don't test them on srb2win, but on srb2riders.

I'm still thinking that if it's possible, I could remake the Amy sprites, and make the Rouge sprites, in such a way that doesn't require the changed pallete included in SRB2 Riders, like with Wave so far. But that depends on whether you all feel that is a good idea, and on whether I would bother doing it since I have my Doomsday Pack mod, Classic Amy, Wave, Storm and Armede (A new enemy which spins like Sonic) to do, and none of them are near done. If my idea turns out successful, we might be able to have Espio in this mod after all...

Monster, I know you have a lot of stuff to do, including your level pack, so maybe you should work on stuff you haven't finished yet, or simply take a break. If you really want to, though, then go ahead. I'd be greatly appreciated.

Also, for anyone who wants to make levels, let me know if you want a custom music from the Mario Kart series. Once everything is done, I'll include the music from the Double Dash game. I already have that, plus the complete Mario Kart Wii soundtrack. So any music is free to be included.

I'd make one or two if you could tell me what the levels should consist of. Is it anything at all like Mkraces? (as in, flat path but scenery and shtuff)

Can my Mario Circut have Mario Circut music from DD? I have no clue how to add music. DX

1) Is it possible to make a new character selection screen for this, like the one from Sonic Riders?
2) Can there be a way that you can unlock characters and you can use them, or appear on the character selection screen?

By the way, nice mod, and how do you get mirror mode? I hit extras and did every level, but I can't get the Sonic R levels or the mirrored levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Back