SRB2 Riders v1.46.4X (srb2riders.exe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ash said:
I'd make one or two if you could tell me what the levels should consist of. Is it anything at all like Mkraces? (as in, flat path but scenery and shtuff)
Sort of. As usual, I'm trying to make the stuff I make as accurate as I can get, so I'm expecting levels to be just like the original Mario Kart series. But with the stuff I'm planning, it's probably in between MK64 and MKDD. You can also make levels based on MKRaces, but try not to make them too open-spaced or long.

And light, to get to Mirror Mode and Sonic R, you go to Multiplayer and Host a game. Then, you open up the Console with the ~ key, and type in "MAP MAP17". 17 to 20 are the Sonic R levels, and 29 to 36 are the Mirror Mode levels.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
But with the stuff I'm planning, it's probably in between MK64 and MKDD.

You know, if you could find some ripped textures from either game and submit them to this topic, that would be as accurate as you would ever be able to get it. Not only that, but it would give us a basis on what structures to make with which textures, etcetera, etcetera...

Chrome the hedgehog said:
I would rather he not make a Zero Gravity exe.

I hope it never happens.
That will take years to do anyways.

(I think someones planning to do it D:)

Ash said:
Chaos Zero 64 said:
But with the stuff I'm planning, it's probably in between MK64 and MKDD.

You know, if you could find some ripped textures from either game and submit them to this topic, that would be as accurate as you would ever be able to get it. Not only that, but it would give us a basis on what structures to make with which textures, etcetera, etcetera...
http://www.mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&param=01&c=1&o=&filter=2.4,4.67
Dino Dino Jungle, Bowser's Castle, Waluigi Stadium, Baby Park.

The Green Shell is done. It follows you, and when you press the Fire button, it shoots a new Green Shell in front of you. After the Banana and the other Items, I still have to make the proper collisions. Like slipping and crashing.

The Dark Fox said:
We have a working anti-gravity in 1.1. Can it be a use for this?

It would take loops and twists like the Mobius Strip has.

You need to have anti-gravity in all directions in able for that to work.

edit: As I said it might take a long time to do that.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
The Green Shell is done. It follows you, and when you press the Fire button, it shoots a new Green Shell in front of you. After the Banana and the other Items, I still have to make the proper collisions. Like slipping and crashing.

Doesn't the red follow but its slower and the green shell is fast but doesn't have homing?

You misunderstood somehow. I was saying how TML and the SVN builds have reverse gravity. Just because it's in 1.1, doesn't mean it hasn't been done before it got put in.

srb20006tr8.png

Awesome Bomb sprite by Nitro.
Temporary Mario Kart skin taken from MKRaces5.

Well, I finally finished adding all of Mario Kart's items in. Here's the stuff that Mario Kart mode has to offer:

Jumping - Jump height has been lowered in Mario Kart only.
Mushroom* - You automatically go forward at high speeds (using the uber run code). When you do, you leave a fire trail behind you.
Star - Mario Kart's Invincibility.
Green Shell - Shoot a green shell in front of you only. Speed is higher than the average Kart speed.
Banana** - Drop a banana peel behind you.
Fake Item** - Drop a fake item that will fool your opponents into thinking it's a real item.
Bomb** - Drop a bomb that goes off as soon as it hits the ground.

* The Mushroom's fire trail only works when you're moving at least an inch. If you're at a complete stop and turn it on, you won't see it.

** These items don't spawn on the floor. Since I couldn't make it so it won't hurt you when you spawned it, I made it so it appears above you. So if you're not moving at all, and you take out a banana, it's going to fall on your head.

All the items work when you're on the ground only. I also tried to make sure you don't slow down when you're on grass or rough dirt when you have the star. So since I'm done here, like I said before, I'll finish Jet, make some Karts, and make a couple of levels. One for Riders and maybe 5 for Mario Kart. And thanks to DarkWarrior, I figured out how to lower OGG's filesizes. Metal City went from 1.14MB to 858KB. And while editing, I cut out some of the song so that I can loop it.

And about Jet... should his goggles stay on his forehead, or on his eyes? On the original cutscenes and on art, it's on his forehead. But on the actual races, it's on his eyes. Which one do you guys prefer?

Why does it have to be double dash sprites? I would like to see good o'l fasion MK64 sprites.

And honestly, I think the official Mario Kart 64 and Super Circuit sprites are a lot better. Hell, if you don't like the 3D graphics, there's always Super Mario Kart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back