• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic Advance 2 Sonic Character (3D and Not a recolor)Beta5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Criticism is needed for people to improve, if people make crappy wads and people insist on blowing up this person's ego saying "OMG THIS IS THE BEST THING EVAR" will hinder the person from wanting to put more effort.
I for example, prefer criticism, I don't care if some even plain out says "Your wad sucks, you should give up on any hopes of improving." Criticism is needed for improvement, Negative or otherwise. Bitching about people "flaming" when they are not will just make people hate you.
Stop acting stupid.
Please.
It's annoying.

And not all of his addons are that bad. I mean sure some of them weren't too pretty to look at but at least he tried and some of them kept me playing for at least a day.

Sure, they aren't. This is bad, so we shall criticize it. Oh, and calling my stuff worthless in a PM is pretty low. Even for you Hakura.

roboegg99, no flaming.

And for all of the people arguing against criticism, it's nescessary for improvement. Don't take criticism personally, we're just trying to inform you about the flaws in your wads so that you don't make the same mistakes next time. If you ignore any criticism you don't like, you're never going to improve because you refuse to accept that your wads have a problem. As with most things, the first step to improvment is to admit that you have a problem. It's difficult, I know, but you have to do it in order to improve. If you don't, and you only pay attention to the people who mindlessly praise you, you'll just continue to make pure crap that no one but your small group of yes-men like. I've seen this happen before too, and it's not pretty.

Sonow Hakura said:
And stop calling your posts "criticism" because it's not. It's random insults about their wad and it does not involve any "constructivity" in it, so it really isn't helping, nor is it wanted.
Not much advice has been given in this topic to help make this wad better.

Sykotic said:
Sure, they aren't. This is bad, so we shall criticize it. Oh, and calling my stuff worthless in a PM is pretty low. Even for you Hakura.
So you are saying being honest is low? Great logic.....

Okay everyone, I get the point. This thing needs alot more work. The problem is I'm running out of ideas for this and there are a few things about it that need to be in it that I have no idea how to do. I'm sorry if it's not that good. I'll keep trying until it gets better. If this wad fails I'll give up wadding? Happy? :(

metalsonicmk72 said:
Okay everyone, I get the point. This thing needs alot more work. The problem is I'm running out of ideas for this and there are a few things about it that need to be in it that I have no idea how to do. I'm sorry if it's not that good. I'll keep trying until it gets better. If this wad fails I'll give up wadding? Happy? :(
*bags head on wall*
Look, you don't get the point. The sprites are not ripped by you. Out of proportion sized sprites don't go fitting into SRB2. We never said stop wadding. All you have to do is try finding something you ARE good at. Mapping, drawing, ripping, spriting, whatever.

Sonow, they're complaining about how the character is basically just using sprites ripped from Sonic Advance 2. There's also the problem of it being yet another Sonic wad. Aren't there enough Sonics yet? It's the same as all the others, too: Homing Attack, Lightdash, Run-on-Water, and SA SFX. There's nothing unique about it, no creativity involved. The maker basically just ripped out shadow.wad's S_SKIN lump and pasted it his wad, then edited a few fields to make it look right. They're also just cutting out sprites and pasting them into XWE. This also raises another problem: Missing frames. Due to the fact that all of the sprites for the wad are from a ripped sprite sheet, not all of the needed sprites are available. As such, you're left with alot of placeholder sprites, lowering the quality of the wad even more.

The main point they're making is this: It's been done. Alot. If you want good critiques, you have to make something that actually has some creativity involved in it.

Yeah, I kinda noticed that. I just am getting sick and tired of certain people having such bad opinions on everything. And why did it sound like you were directing that last sentence directly to me? I didn't make the wad, I was only trying to prove a point.

Time for a post, to end this.

This wad, is a ripoff of someone's sprite sheet. The sheet was created by ripping sprites from a ROM (and no, I'm not asking for it). The ROM was created by some idiot buying the game, and illegally copying it to his computer somehow. The game was created by Sega. Sega created the sprites, you didn't. The point of the Editing forum is to show off something you made yourself, on your own, something that belongs to you. The problem with this, is it isn't created by you. You may have put the sprites together in a single wad to create the character, but did you create the sprites? No. Did you even credit the person who ripped them? No. Did you come to realise the reason SRB2 isn't being sued is because Sega either didn't notice, or is allowing them to create it (because they created everything on their own, but the character and game concepts came from Sonic Team of Sega, they didn't rip the sprites)? No.

It isn't a good wad, deal with it, but remember, if it sucks, then there is no reason for you to say, "oh i get it now im never going to wad again because you flamed me" because you didn't actually make anything. You aren't a true wadder until you create something, and this, is not a creation, it's an abomination. It is lies, dishonesty, thievery, and hatrid. You say you created this wad, but did you make anything? No.

Listen. If you crave respect and attention, make something worthwhile, enjoyable, and original. Originality is what SRB2 is built upon, of course. Who else would thing to rebuild the Doom Legacy engine to have a Sonic theme? It isn't even an engine hack anymore, now it is a game. If SSNTails and Sonikku didn't take criticism from the people enjoying their creation, the Suggestions topic wouldn't exist, the Bugs topic wouldn't exist, and everything you want to tell them about SRB2 wouldn't matter, because they're making it in their own eyes no matter what the hell you do. Do you think SRB2 would be as popular then? No.

If you want to become a wadder, grab some ideas from others, ask people for help, PM people for suggestions (hell, even I have many of them, and I haven't released anything here (yet)), do whatever you can to get input, and always start small, never huge (unlike Roboegg, which starts large, and fails in the end). You won't get anywhere in life by giving up, damnit! Create your own character. It may take a long time, but you will take your rightful place as a wadder, and you will be proud of yourself in the end. Take your own ideas, put them on paper. Brainstorm. Will you regret it? No.

If someone does say your wad is crap, don't overreact and do whatever they say. Follow your heart, and do what you think is right. I live like that every day of my life, and it has never failed me before. Make levels, graphic modifications, whatever the hell you please, just make sure you listen. Roboegg denies everything, see, and he gets nowhere by doing so.
Roboegg99 said:
I'll Begin said:
Why do you think Roboegg doesn't make any good SRB2 addons? Because he doesn't listen to Critisism.

Thats a lie, and you know it is.
Now where is he? Banned for three days, and he apparently wanted it for attention, but it wasn't positive, was it? No.

He thought he could get respect by starting tons of projects, and figured he wouldn't have to finish them, or even study how to get better (I've given him tons of pointers, but he has always rejected them). Because of it, many people don't like him now. He hasn't finished anything. Litterally! Nothing of his has been finished here. Do not be like him. Honestly, is criticism a bad thing? No.

Why does he bother? I don't know, but what's stopping you? Nothing stops me, absolutely nothing. Live and learn, that's it. That's the key. Criticism helps me, it helps everyone here too, what matters is what you do with it. Just try, you don't have to be Mystic or SSNTails to gain respect, do you? No.

On the topic of criticism;
Joshthehedgehog said:
Seriously, why don't you guys just post something OUT of criticism? Like robo said, which he got from me as we were chatting, YOU GUYS AREN'T HELPING! Posting something to satisfy yourelf not only isn't selfishness, it's just stupid. Can't any of you just IGNORE wads you don't like?

-Josh The Hedgehog
Roboegg is wrong, Josh. Notice how he's banned now? Everything he made sucked, and he never even finished it, because he always gave up! We are helping, Josh. It helps everyone. I bet if you asked Mystic or SSNTails, they would say it helped them too. How does giving someone tips, pointers, or their own personal opinion give them pleasure? No, it isn't stupid, and what would ignoring the wads do? If someone posts something, and no one posts for a month, most likely they are going to "bump" it. They'll keep making the same thing, and no one will say anything. What happens then? Failure. Am I sure of this? Yes!

Come on guys, just take the criticism seriously! If you can't do it, then don't complain about it, just ignore it, and fail already. How do you expect to live without listening to other peoples' opinions? You are going to get no where. You know what really sucks? The fact that I have to do this in order to make you stop! What if complaining about criticism was against the rules? Those who had the nerve to complain anyway would be banned, right? Either everyone would, and all of you would be banned, or no one would, but you would still be at an impass.

What's the point of complaining?! We're only trying to help! Get it through your thick skulls! "Flaming" isn't a legitimate reason to cry about it, so deal with it!

Criticism isn't going to stop, so stop freaking complaining about it!

By the way;
FuriousFox said:
It's been bugging me. A lot is two words, not one. =|

Sonow Hakura said:
Yeah, I kinda noticed that. I just am getting sick and tired of certain people having such bad opinions on everything. And why did it sound like you were directing that last sentence directly to me? I didn't make the wad, I was only trying to prove a point.
Well, the main reason people are so negative is because there usually isn't much to make positive comments about. I mean, what are they supposed to say, "Well, at least your sprites aren't half-way through the ground."? "Wow, look at that! You managed to color within the lines!"? This isn't Kindergarten; some things are just expected, like Thok Barriers in levels.

Also, that last sentence wasn't aimed at you, it was just aimed at everyone in general.

Just how long did it take you to type all that? But I do agree with your post. Except the only difference between us is that I only can cope with criticism that actually gives helpful advice. But if someone posts something useless like "You fail" that still isn't doing anything. But something like "This isn't too good, maybe if you tried making your own sprites then, maybe you could make this into something good." I wouldn't have any problems with something like that. But in this topic I haven't seen any posts like that. And it also affects me by how they tell the person to do something. If they have a bad attitude and say it in a cruel way, I wouldn't be able to be as encouraged as if they said it in a friendly tone.
Now do you get my point?

It took from 9:47 to whatever time mine was posted, of course I was multitasking with other things, but whatever.

Anyway, I hope that insanely long post actually makes a difference.

Well now that it's the 6th page, and my post is on the 5th, it will be totally ignored.

Wonderful.

Edit: I don't know if this is against the rules somehow (because I'm pretty sure it isn't), just in case you missed it;

I said:
Time for a post, to end this.

This wad, is a ripoff of someone's sprite sheet. The sheet was created by ripping sprites from a ROM (and no, I'm not asking for it). The ROM was created by some idiot buying the game, and illegally copying it to his computer somehow. The game was created by Sega. Sega created the sprites, you didn't. The point of the Editing forum is to show off something you made yourself, on your own, something that belongs to you. The problem with this, is it isn't created by you. You may have put the sprites together in a single wad to create the character, but did you create the sprites? No. Did you even credit the person who ripped them? No. Did you come to realise the reason SRB2 isn't being sued is because Sega either didn't notice, or is allowing them to create it (because they created everything on their own, but the character and game concepts came from Sonic Team of Sega, they didn't rip the sprites)? No.

It isn't a good wad, deal with it, but remember, if it sucks, then there is no reason for you to say, "oh i get it now im never going to wad again because you flamed me" because you didn't actually make anything. You aren't a true wadder until you create something, and this, is not a creation, it's an abomination. It is lies, dishonesty, thievery, and hatrid. You say you created this wad, but did you make anything? No.

Listen. If you crave respect and attention, make something worthwhile, enjoyable, and original. Originality is what SRB2 is built upon, of course. Who else would thing to rebuild the Doom Legacy engine to have a Sonic theme? It isn't even an engine hack anymore, now it is a game. If SSNTails and Sonikku didn't take criticism from the people enjoying their creation, the Suggestions topic wouldn't exist, the Bugs topic wouldn't exist, and everything you want to tell them about SRB2 wouldn't matter, because they're making it in their own eyes no matter what the hell you do. Do you think SRB2 would be as popular then? No.

If you want to become a wadder, grab some ideas from others, ask people for help, PM people for suggestions (hell, even I have many of them, and I haven't released anything here (yet)), do whatever you can to get input, and always start small, never huge (unlike Roboegg, which starts large, and fails in the end). You won't get anywhere in life by giving up, damnit! Create your own character. It may take a long time, but you will take your rightful place as a wadder, and you will be proud of yourself in the end. Take your own ideas, put them on paper. Brainstorm. Will you regret it? No.

If someone does say your wad is crap, don't overreact and do whatever they say. Follow your heart, and do what you think is right. I live like that every day of my life, and it has never failed me before. Make levels, graphic modifications, whatever the hell you please, just make sure you listen. Roboegg denies everything, see, and he gets nowhere by doing so.
Roboegg99 said:
I'll Begin said:
Why do you think Roboegg doesn't make any good SRB2 addons? Because he doesn't listen to Critisism.

Thats a lie, and you know it is.
Now where is he? Banned for three days, and he apparently wanted it for attention, but it wasn't positive, was it? No.

He thought he could get respect by starting tons of projects, and figured he wouldn't have to finish them, or even study how to get better (I've given him tons of pointers, but he has always rejected them). Because of it, many people don't like him now. He hasn't finished anything. Litterally! Nothing of his has been finished here. Do not be like him. Honestly, is criticism a bad thing? No.

Why does he bother? I don't know, but what's stopping you? Nothing stops me, absolutely nothing. Live and learn, that's it. That's the key. Criticism helps me, it helps everyone here too, what matters is what you do with it. Just try, you don't have to be Mystic or SSNTails to gain respect, do you? No.

On the topic of criticism;
Joshthehedgehog said:
Seriously, why don't you guys just post something OUT of criticism? Like robo said, which he got from me as we were chatting, YOU GUYS AREN'T HELPING! Posting something to satisfy yourelf not only isn't selfishness, it's just stupid. Can't any of you just IGNORE wads you don't like?

-Josh The Hedgehog
Roboegg is wrong, Josh. Notice how he's banned now? Everything he made sucked, and he never even finished it, because he always gave up! We are helping, Josh. It helps everyone. I bet if you asked Mystic or SSNTails, they would say it helped them too. How does giving someone tips, pointers, or their own personal opinion give them pleasure? No, it isn't stupid, and what would ignoring the wads do? If someone posts something, and no one posts for a month, most likely they are going to "bump" it. They'll keep making the same thing, and no one will say anything. What happens then? Failure. Am I sure of this? Yes!

Come on guys, just take the criticism seriously! If you can't do it, then don't complain about it, just ignore it, and fail already. How do you expect to live without listening to other peoples' opinions? You are going to get no where. You know what really sucks? The fact that I have to do this in order to make you stop! What if complaining about criticism was against the rules? Those who had the nerve to complain anyway would be banned, right? Either everyone would, and all of you would be banned, or no one would, but you would still be at an impass.

What's the point of complaining?! We're only trying to help! Get it through your thick skulls! "Flaming" isn't a legitimate reason to cry about it, so deal with it!

Criticism isn't going to stop, so stop freaking complaining about it!

By the way;
FuriousFox said:
It's been bugging me. A lot is two words, not one. =|

I honestly find it pathetic that that whole post needed to be made to actually make the statement we've been trying to get through for the past 5 pages. I swear, it's truly sad that some people need to have massive posts to understand such basic concepts as pointed out earlier.

No, its how you say it. If you are acting like a total ass towards me then most likely, I won't pay attention. But if you use common sense and maturity, then you can get my attention. In other words, stop being so dang negative and maybe I'll consider even wasting my time reading your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back