Blaze the Cat RE WAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not there's anything seriously wrong with what's inside the spites, I just can't seem to get the overall shape of it drawn and animated right, so it looks like crap in SRB2. I should go look at some Sonic Rush screen shots a little more closely, maybe I'll think of something to do about it.

Well I was already done with this by the time I read your post, so here.
2q9xjds.gif

*head explodes*
Wow Chrispy, that is a drastic improvement over what I had, thanks for saving the day. :D
Here's how it looks in-game:
srb20013-6.png

What does everyone think of Chrispy's awesome edit? If it's good as-is, I will release the BlazeRE Beta here.

Blade's. (Sorry Chrispy, your Blaze doesn't hold fire :P)

off-topic: I still have like, every blaze you've released. I think it might be time to weed out a few...

Blade's select pic seems to be the better one of the two.

I've played a bit with the beta just now... I do like how it's turned out, but the spin frames, while awesome, seem a little too static... something tells me that the fiery aura needs a little horizontal variation between frames. A wobbly effect, maybe.

Ok, I changed Blaze's startcolor and endcolor to that
of SonicRE's, and Blaze's fur color changed quite nicely.
In my opinion, you should make the fur change colors.

SpaceKGreen said:
Blade's select pic seems to be the better one of the two.

I've played a bit with the beta just now... I do like how it's turned out, but the spin frames, while awesome, seem a little too static... something tells me that the fiery aura needs a little horizontal variation between frames. A wobbly effect, maybe.
I see what you're saying, I'll go edit the sprites real quick.
H Y P E R said:
Ok, I changed Blaze's startcolor and endcolor to that
of SonicRE's, and Blaze's fur color changed quite nicely.
In my opinion, you should make the fur change colors.
In my opinion, it doesn't look natural when a female character's fur changes color! :P :shot:
Most of the colors available don't go that well with her purple jacket, and Senku mentioned that her fur is too bright to be doing it anyway. Change it in your personal copy if you want to, but unless there's more demand for it, I don't see why I'd need to recolor her jacket in over 130+ frames back to purple just so this would work, sorry. :/
EDIT: Fixed up Blade's pic a little, how's this?
BLZECHAR-1.png

Currently the previous version's spin frames look better to me. Blaze shouldn't really be too visible.

In Sonic Rush, you can barely see her through the flames, and what you can see is a fuzzy purple silhouette.

Dr.Pepper said:
In my opinion, it doesn't look natural when a female character's fur changes color! :P :shot:

Am I the only one that saw this? *brick'd*
I knew I wasn't the only one that thought this!

Dr.Pepper said:
Also, let's take the time to vote for the RENET version's character select picture.
Blade's?
request0002.png

Or Chrispy's?
2sa17vn.png

I'm not really sure, to be honest...

Blade's has Blaze in a good pose, but there are some faults I see with it, such as the tip of her head feather things being the wrong colour, her tail looking a bit oddly positioned, and her shoes looking a bit too bright.

Chrispy's looks much more like Blaze should be than the other. The only problems I see are that the pose isn't that interesting, and the tail's shading looks pillow shaded. Her shoes also look a bit too dark.

I'm not sure, Chrispy's needs to look a little more natural, and Blade's needs a bigger head.

You Sir Dr.P wins the internet today. This wad is drop dead awesome, and I enjoy playing as her on srb2. The sprites are epic, and I prefer Blade's charselect picture. Your spriting has got a lot more better since you first joined. Nice one ;) *thumbs up*

I like Senku's more than the one Blade made. Blade's seems... off. The head is inporportional, and the pose and body size look off. Senku's is nice though.

Monster Iestyn said:
Blade's has Blaze in a good pose, but there are some faults I see with it, such as the tip of her head feather things being the wrong colour, her tail looking a bit oddly positioned, and her shoes looking a bit too bright.
I left the hair tips blue so as not to suggest that they are on the sprites themselves, and it looks less like a patch job of blues and purples. That minor color inaccuracy has to put up with until 1.1, unfortunately. :(
Also, I fixed up Blade's picture up some more. Is this better?
BLZECHAR-2.png

I finally got around to making the fire wobble a bit, what do you guys think?
M1.gif

Since I plan on updating the Sol Emerald WAD to match, I'm fixing up Burning Blaze for NiGHT's mode. RotSprite will speed up the progress significantly.
NDRLA5.png
NDRLC2C8.png

I made some new Sol Emeralds based on their SR sprites, are they too shiny for SRB2?
1-19.png

And for those who might ask, the goofed up transparency on Eggman Nega's Eggslimer sprites has been fixed. :P
Turret 49 said:
Currently the previous version's spin frames look better to me. Blaze shouldn't really be too visible.

In Sonic Rush, you can barely see her through the flames, and what you can see is a fuzzy purple silhouette.
I'll try editing the face out and replacing it with a purple outline, then. Should have that posted up when I'm done, so we can see if everyone likes that better.
Nathan Speed said:
I like Chrispy's more than the one Blade made. Blade's seems... off. The head is inporportional, and the pose and body size look off. Chrispy's is nice though.
Fixed. :shot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back