Blaze the Cat RE WAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nathan Speed said:
I see no diffrence really. :\

The more notable changes are her head isn't super shiny anymore, the lines down the front of the shoes aren't as dark, and her mouth is more defined.

Eliwood said:
I think you need to try and make it to where Blaze's Shading doesn't turn into green, or red while she's purple, it makes no sense, She's got Purple color, Dark Purple Shading, but when you change her color... She's got Purple Skin then...GREEN SHADING?! wtf? shouldn't you change that?

Eliwood said:
Eliwood said:
I think you need to try and make it to where Blaze's Shading doesn't turn into green, or red while she's purple, it makes no sense, She's got Purple color, Dark Purple Shading, but when you change her color... She's got Purple Skin then...GREEN SHADING?! wtf? shouldn't you change that?

*MONSTER FACEPALM*

It's not shading. Thouse are markings Blaze has on her body. It's the fur color. The ones below her head arn't "real" you could say, as the art of Blaze has it as a shadow, but Dr. P mistook it for a fur color. So...
If i'm wrong about that, then what art did you use as a base Dr. P?

Autosaver, see my last post. The purple by her head is NOT the coat in the picture. It's a shadow. Look,

whutnh8.png

See? Dr. P mistook the shading as fur color, and made it purple insted of light pink.

I wanted all of the same shades of purple on Blaze to change color, not just her clothes, otherwise it looks odd. That's why I did it, now can we leave this minor detail at that? It's not like you can change colors in Single Player anyway, so it appears correct most of the time. :P Don't worry, that'll all change when 1.1 allows us to have multiple color maps. :)
Nathan Speed said:
If i'm wrong about that, then what art did you use as a base Dr. P?
You mean as a reference? I used a screen shot of her '06 Model and official art. So yeah, you're right.

It won't? I thought I heard somewhere that was going to be added. Ah well, it's not like I actually needed multiple color-maps anyway. :P

Yeah, I heard it before a few times too, I wouldn't mind it but it just can't be done with the doom engine or something. Either that or SSN is lazy. I wanted to see my characters and other characters with 2 multiple colors. D:

If SSN doesn't see the need for multiple color maps, maybe we could ask DashFox about the possibilities of implementing it into the CB? :P :shot:

Okay guys, I've edited the standing sprites and need some opinions.
BLZEA1-3.png
BLZEA2A8-3.png
BLZEA3A7-3.png
BLZEA4A6-3.png
BLZEA5-2.png

Is this better or worse? I did more than change the shading, you'll probably notice she's a little slimmer.
Also, I got the crazy idea of using all five purples on Blaze. I might be better off remaking the sprite with these colors in mind, though, not quite sure.
BLAZE1-1.png

What do you guys think? Should I go through with the changes, forget about the update, or just go all the way with the purples?

Dr.Pepper said:
If SSN doesn't see the need for multiple color maps, maybe we could ask DashFox about the possibilities of implementing it into the CB? :P :shot:

Okay guys, I've edited the standing sprites and need some opinions.
BLZEA1-3.png
BLZEA2A8-3.png
BLZEA3A7-3.png
BLZEA4A6-3.png
BLZEA5-2.png

Is this better or worse? I did more than change the shading, you'll probably notice she's a little slimmer.
Also, I got the crazy idea of using all five purples on Blaze. I might be better off remaking the sprite with these colors in mind, though, not quite sure.
BLAZE1-1.png

What do you guys think? Should I go through with the changes, forget about the update, or just go all the way with the purples?

Eh, I kinda like the old ones better. These seem... off.

That isn't Blaze purple, it's Amy-while-underwater purple. Looks more like a Burning Blaze sprite. For regular Blaze I'd use the original on the fur and the new on the jacket.

1.jpg

Blaze is lavender. >_> Lavender is purple.

So... Lavender = Purple, Purple = Blaze, Blaze = Lavender, so Purple = Blaze = Lavender = Yes.

Chrispy's is too blue, and Senku's is too red.
Senku's Blaze's shoes and pink jacket parts are also pink.
Chrispy's Blaze's main jacket parts and the tips of her hairs are the wrong colour, whilst Senku's Blaze's jacket and the tips of her hairs are simply too dark.

EDIT: Oops... D: I put bright instead of dark. Silly me.

They're green to change color correctly, but I'll try to get her the right shade of lavender.
EDIT: I can't get the correct colors, SRB2s pallete is too limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back