• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 Music Remaster Project

No idea. I had Spazzo open it up and re-save it and then it worked. O_o

The tempo does change... is it not noticable here?

Cool, thanks for the tips, I'll work on it some more and post a new version.

Last edited:
Actually I can hear the tempo change now.... it just sounds weird because the beginning got cut short.

With what did you make these?? I'm tired of FL Studio and its limitations. I need to know what program you used to make these, they're amazing.

Propellorhead Reason 4.0, but it costs money and it has a steep learning curve.

I think the real problem is that the bass is near-inaudible, although it's worth noting that my chords were octave-layered with another instrument.

Beautiful. That's all I can really say. I love this musical stuff so much. You keep coming with more and more awesome soundtracks. Especially the super theme.

Hey, I like arranging pre-existing midis!
I think the current version's ERZ1 sounds kinda...meh. The hard percussion of the XG drums combined with the phaser doesn't please me too much.

So I've been cover-happy working on another arrangement project for S3DB, and I decide I'd give this a go. I'm using the FL studio 11.5 beta, and as a result there's a few effects I can't without the program crashing, Something I whipped together in the past 40 minutes or so, if you guys like it I can continue work on it.

Only thing I really need is the original guitar solo track or another recording of one.

Critique and feedback gladly accepted (and I know the underlying drum track is a bit quiet, ehehe)

ERZ 1 wip

The mastering is kinda bad. Your limiter causes the volume to automatically lower/raise itself, which is obnoxious. You also have too much sustain on your crash cymbal, see if you make it decay faster. The only other criticism I have is that the instrument on 0:45 could use more oomph. In the original ogg, it's a highlight, but here it's more in the background.

I unfortunately don't have any good guitar samples, the only good lead I have is one I created myself. You can hear it in the "ERZ-Old" remix.

Like I said, it was a quick and dirty instrument replacement of the MIDI, but thanks for the tips! If you still have that lead track could you send it to me? Once I have that and I land on acceptable instruments/samples for the remaining channels I'll try to properly master it.

I could, but I should mention it's a full-on synthesizer instrument, not sample-based. I'll have to create some samples so you can use it.

No, it's closer to a square lead if anything. It's not ideal for ERZ specifically, but it's the best I got atm

Hey Shalpp! Just so you're aware if you aren't already, the ERZ MIDIs currently included in SRB2 2.1 (aside from tunes 87) were all sequenced by me, as proper MIDIs of them previously did not exist aside from the ancient ERZ1/2 MIDIs, which are clearly somewhat dated. That may explain some of the problems you're having? Didn't get that guitar solo entirely right listening to it in retrospect.

Last edited:
Hey good job on those and like every single MIDI you've made on VGMusic. Huge fan of your accuracy.
The solo on the MIDI sounds fine, it's just that the pitch bends didn't make it in the import on FL Studio

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back