• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Wadding Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i just send in my wad. and to think... i was so worked out about ending today, its now been moved to the end of november.......

I'm sorry guys. I had to move it to the end of November. The majority of the contestants did not finish their wads. I also wish that today was the ending day, but I had to change it. Please understand. Your fellow wad-makers that had signed up aren't finished yet. I had only received less than half of the wads from the people who signed up. At least now the other people will be able to finish. Again, I'm sorry. :(

For anyone else who can't wait: Make your maps as good as they can be, and if there is still time, make another one. That's what I'm doing. It helps to have variety, and you have another month after all. I just made a gigantic three tiered level, so now I'm making a smaller match level, for those who can't play 6 player netgames.

I have gotten some problems with the maps, because some people's maps' headers have been overriding other ones.

To fix this problem, I have created a list of which Map number each person should set their map as. Check the first post on this topic to see what map number you are.

NOTE:
If you decide that you cannot finish your map on time, please tell me so I can tell the people who have map numbers behind you to change the map number before sending.

Please try and make this not turn into something very confusing. :D

NEW RULE:

You must give me the Map Header text file along with the level (In a zip, if possible). You still must lumpmod the Map Header on the level, however.

People who have already sent me their files, please edit them with the information said either above and send them again. I would appreciate that. Thank you.

Oh yeah! I'm numbah 2! Horray!!... well anyways,

a441 said:
Why don't you just change the numbers after you get them and save people some trouble?

Yeah, the do it yourself junk. Unless you DO want to make a quick change, then yeah, i go with a441.

You can be number 1. I can't make a level. I'll try again in a future contest when My levels finally work. I don't think I can finish it by the end of this month, so please, take me off the list

well im still and always will be 2 unless blue blurr sez so. and what happened to your level? didnt you say you were still making one? and now you wanna quit when you have a full month??

a441 said:
Why don't you just change the numbers after you get them and save people some trouble?

I tried doing this, however I got some trouble. Since all the levels are MAP01 (except for Cy-Chan's), the Map Headers mess up, and hotdog003's music and title play on a different level than it's supposed to. Unless you know how to fix this problem, you'll have to go with my way.

By the way, I used lumpmod to rename the MAP##s.

"lumpmod *.wad rename MAP01 MAP02"

That's all I did.

I hope this will be the prize give-away way:

1st: All wads

2nd: half of the wads

3rd: only one wad

even though thats never done before, I'm just hoping it will, since its single player levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back