SRB2 Riders v1.46.4X (srb2riders.exe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same thing happened to me too... It didn't show up after beating the game, but it did when I got the time attack bonus, but I can't select it. I'd like to keep my gamedata if possible, I want to keep my time attack records...

Chaos Zero 64 said:
So you beat the game, got the Time Attack Bonus playing Time Attack mode, and the Secrets Menu disappeared?
No, the Secrets Menu never appeared until I got the Time Attack Bonus, but the Secrets Menu isn't selectable, as in, hitting enter/shift won't open up the menu.

Well, to be honest, I didn't really know how to set up the Unlockables. But I already did this myself, I don't know why it doesn't work with you guys.

Well temporarily, you can play the new levels without having to unlock it. Just warp to MAP17-MAP20 for Sonic R, and MAP29-MAP36 for Mirror Mode. Those are the only unlockables. Go and have fun now.

For some strange reason when i download the recent srb2 riders i still cant use the exe even when i download the dll file. Some help would be aprecated

Monster Iestyn said:
Here is the first Walking Frame for Knux that I have done:
KNUXD1.png

Is this any good?
You could just use my crappy Knuckles.wad

Umm... the air tank does not work right, and at least after 1 player death, you have to start a new game from the beginning. Part of the HUD disappears, and you just stay there, dead.

I found Nitro's Knuckles wad to be crappy, for these reasons:

• He doesn't have good shading,
    His walking frames' head bobbed too much only on the front and back, otherwise he forgot to do the same for the rest of the directions,
    His walking frame hands are too small and were edited from Sonic's,
    His falling frames were partially edited from CZ64's Mecha Knux,
    His running frame hands are too small,
    The rest of his running frames don't look right - His dreadlocks don't move, his legs and feet don't move in the right way, still retaining the walking frame look, and Knux should also be leaning more forward than this for running frames,
    His spin/jump sprites seem to be incomplete, and not placed correctly for the actual animation bit (For example, the diagonal back sprites look odd when you see them in-game),
    (Other places where the hands are too small) - The spring up frames, the back and diagonal-back of the falling frames, the back of the gliding frames and the back of the climbing frames,
    The original Knuckles sprites are not as good as they originally were, thanks to the colors changed on them, compared to the Knux.plr that comes with SRB2,
    And Overall, this wad is DEFINATELY NOT GOOD! (There could be other things that are bad in the wad, but I can't list all of them!)

That's why I once set out to make a much better Knux wad, long before Mighty was started, even though it was several years before I actually joined this January. It didn't look that good, and all I had was a complete front walking animation, partial bits for other directions and a slightly crappy, but complete gliding animation. I gave up on it, and I have produced much better sprites than then ,such as the Knux walking sprite I recently made.

FSX said:
Umm... the air tank does not work right, and at least after 1 player death, you have to start a new game from the beginning. Part of the HUD disappears, and you just stay there, dead.
Ever bothered to press the / key? That's the default key for this EXE. Don't know why, but it should have stayed to the key you set it to before the EXE was downloaded. =/

Ok seriously, this is un-playable. (For me, that is.)

I get this stupid dreaded red X window, and it says it cannot find "libpng13.dll". What is going on? (This is when i try to click the actual program.)

Right now, I'm waiting for Alam to update the source code, since it's on the SVN already. If he doesn't anytime soon, then next update will contain the DLLs. I know we're all getting sick and tired of reminding newbies to go to that site.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
Right now, I'm waiting for Alam to update the source code, since it's on the SVN already. If he doesn't anytime soon, then next update will contain the DLLs. I know we're all getting sick and tired of reminding newbies to go to that site.

wait, what? I was never told to update SRB2109RIDE with the Mingw fixes

I thought you already knew, since Draykon mentioned it here and in IRC a couple of times before. Well, he never got the latest source code from the SVN. He always used the one that came with 1.09.4, so it never got updated.

But I'm not looking for the source code to be updated ASAP, so if you can, you can update it whenever you feel like it. Thanks again.

I managed to get SRB2 Riders today. What a relief!

But why do the levels end up going in this order?

Night Chase;
Metal City;
Splash Canyon;
Red Canyon;
Egg Factory;
Ice Factory;
White Forest;
Green Cave;
Dark Desert;
Sand Ruins;
Babylon Garden;
Digital Dimension;
STJR Carnival

Why did it have to be a jumble of Heroes levels and Babylon levels?

Why? Why?!!

It's all for the Story Mode. Since I don't know how to make a Heroes and Babylon selection, I merged them both. So you'll see one story, and then see the other one. For example, you'll start with Jet in Night Chase with Sonic, then Sonic will see the TV monitor about the Ex World Grand Prix, and race in Metal City. All the levels are chosen to follow both stories as close as merging can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back