Your thoughts on Fancharacters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos

Are they better than recolors? Mascots? I think they ARE, because then, there will be no "o gaiz look at mi i am sawnik but you can only bi tails olol."

Only fancharacters I've ever heard of that could be called "original" are a few over on a Starfox community I know of. And they're more of original characters in their own right, not fancharacters at all. Generally if someone can come up with a fancharacter that's relatively original, and has a reason to be in their fanfiction, more power to them. But I don't see it happening.

I figure that fancharacters are okay, as long as they adhere to these general rules.

1. Said character is not more powerful than Sonic.
2. Said character's backstory does not include Sonic and company. The character meets and is introduced to the normal characters during the story itself. (This prevents the "omg mah fanchartr iz soneick's bst freind!" syndrome)
3. Said character is not Sonic's long lost brother.

Usually if a character doesn't break these basic rules, is relatively original and fits with the story as Draykon said, I see no problem with a fancharacter created this way.

Bessie the Winged Cow

Story (still working on the story)

The government was genetic engineering cows to produce better milk. Project Angle Cow was one of the best subjects. A cow with big giant wing sticking out of its back. Its milk gave people super human ability. But the cow did not like being a lab rat. So one day she escapes from the lab and flew away. She flew for miles. Until she decided to rest on an open field. Meanwhile Dr. Robotnik was hacking the government’s computers and found out about the project angle cow. He also found out about her escape. Dr. Robotnik said out loud. With this cow's milk my machines will be unstoppable. So he set off to find that cow. So now she running away from the government while not trying to get caught by Dr. Robotnik.

Abilities
Flying (duh) and the ability to lay waste on to her enemies.

Chaos the Orange Taillous
He looks like this:
x426mq.png

Gadouken said:
While I was waiting to get online again, I made this.
Its a family of "Taillous"
One of the many creature surrounding the 72dpi Kingdom.
These creatures do have tails, and they come in four colors.
orange ones are fast and sneaky, with the ability to curl up into a little ball, purple are smart and high jumpers,
red are small and destructive, while green is just chill.

Specifically about Chaos, he has no real background story. He lives in a jungle, bursting with wildlife and has his own underground den to stay in. He loves apple pie for some reason, and loves to play video games when he goes to someone's house, although he holds the controller awkwardly. He loves to play games, although he is lazy most of the time, and likes to lay down, sleep, or just watch what's happening. He has three relatives he interacts with: NiGHTS, the purple Taillous, Lime, the green one, and Flame, the red. They mostly appear in a group.

Kaysakado said:
Jazz, according to those rules, Shadow and Silver aren't horrible charactors.

Both said characters break rule 1. They also break the intuitively obvious rules 4 and 5.

4. Recolors (usually) make horrible fancharacters.
5. See above.

Xephious is my fan character and has a super form (not in story)
story:
One day Sonic and Tails were walking trough the forest tring to track down Eggman when suddenly He appeared from nowhere and kiddnaped Tails!!!
Back a the lab Eggman was planning to make the ultimate super weapon
he put Tails in a test tube and a wrring sound was heard.
The doors opened with a clang and out steped a silver Tails.
After Eggman saw this He threw Tails in a Clostet, slammed the door and locked it.
a few months later Eggman took scrapsof his previous inventions and put them on the silver Tails.
eggman later named the robot 4reerte8423xephious8435hb but he went by Xephious.
After a year Xephious was getting tired of waiting And decided to break out.
As he got to the door he was attemtively stopped by a steel door.
in a flash he reveils a arsonal or deadly weapons and plows through the fortress.
While flying away he scans the surroundings and finds his target.
Sonic The Hedgehog.
Well?

Lets see.

Tails recolor, Metal Sonic wannabe, and overdone, kthxbye.

Breaks rules 1, 2, 4 and 5. Not to mention that by Draykon's standards, it isn't original, and thus has no reason to be in fanfiction.

hypershadow96 said:
Xephious is my fan character and has a super form (not in story)
story:
One day Sonic and Tails were walking trough the forest tring to track down Eggman when suddenly He appeared from nowhere and kiddnaped Tails!!!
Back a the lab Eggman was planning to make the ultimate super weapon
he put Tails in a test tube and a wrring sound was heard.
The doors opened with a clang and out steped a silver Tails.
After Eggman saw this He threw Tails in a Clostet, slammed the door and locked it.
a few months later Eggman took scrapsof his previous inventions and put them on the silver Tails.
eggman later named the robot 4reerte8423xephious8435hb but he went by Xephious.
After a year Xephious was getting tired of waiting And decided to break out.
As he got to the door he was attemtively stopped by a steel door.
in a flash he reveils a arsonal or deadly weapons and plows through the fortress.
While flying away he scans the surroundings and finds his target.
Sonic The Hedgehog.
Well?
*agrees with Jazz*

And if that is your char, why is Tails still living? And what the hell is a clostet?

jrose05 said:
Can someone come up with a better name for Bessie the Winged Cow?

Yes. How about..."Better-looking-than-Rouge".^^ (I totally went there!)

Note: Sorry about that before, I was sugar high. I do stupid things when I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back