Why does everyone hate Sonic Lost World?

KnucklesNoChuckles

Mod enthusiast, chief idiot
Seriously, I loved it as a kid. The only 2 things I didn't like were the multi-lock on and the levels that were entirely rail grinding. Why does everyone hate it so much?

eh its more so the ds lost world i dont like (might have to do with it having the worst special stage in any sonic game)

Last edited:
It's alright. I just don't like the Mario galaxy style part. Other than that, it's fine.

After Generations, people really just wanted another Boost game on that level with all original levels. They decided to change the entire formula instead, so understandably fans were not very impressed.

Dude, theres a RUN. BUTTON. i dont think i have to further explain myself, like-- where is the momentum?

Because sonic fans are impatient, that's also why people don't like Sonic 1.

HOT TAKE: Labyrinth is fine, the music is good, and I don't mind the slow water because I like avoiding the spikes and stuff, the boss is tense too, you don't even need to defeat Robotnik to beat it. (Bit off topic but I needed to get that off my chest)

Because sonic fans are impatient, that's also why people don't like Sonic 1.

HOT TAKE: Labyrinth is fine, the music is good, and I don't mind the slow water because I like avoiding the spikes and stuff, the boss is tense too, you don't even need to defeat Robotnik to beat it. (Bit off topic but I needed to get that off my chest)
fair.

It's alright. I just don't like the Mario galaxy style part. Other than that, it's fine.
The reason I say this is because(Please don't hurt me lol-) I've never had the greatest outlook on Mario Galaxy. I never liked the idea of the whole level being on a single sphere. It's just so...odd, to me. Not to say it wasn't innovative.

Personally, I don't like the game because when I played it for the first time, it did a very bad job of teaching the controls. The first time I played, so I got stuck in the battle against Zavok for hours. After that, I didn't want to see the game even in painting.

Also, there's the fact that the story dropped a lot in quality, even by the standards of the era. It tells you this from someone who wasn't bothered by the story of Sonic Colors. The problem is that all the characters spent their time fighting, and that seemed annoying to me. The worst offender being Tails, who I wanted to shut up all the time, since everything he said was annoying and he only spent his time fighting with Sonic and Eggman for reasons that seem stupid to me. How can a game make me dislike my own favorite character? I don't know, but that game did it.

Apart from that, I think the game had much more potential, given that the gameplay was very good in my opinion, I really liked the idea of parkour, so I would like a sequel someday.

Yeah, I can see the bosses being annoying, I died AFTER beating Zavok. I loved the story and humor though, it was my favorite part. I also think the run button mechanic was nice since it was easier to control in a game like lost world. Though it was also my first modern sonic game, and generations was my second, so maybe I'm biased.

Because it's different and Sonic fans hate trying different things (but not me, I personally like the game)
"Sonic fans hate trying different things and that's why people hate the game.... BUT NOT ME! I LIKE THE GAME, I'M NOT LIKE THOSE SONIC FANS." Is the impression I got from reading that (albeit, I might be wrong, that's just the impression I got). I think why most people don't like it is because it was literally trying NOT to be a Sonic game. It was trying to be a Mario Game... which does not fit for Sonic.

the thing I am a mario fan but sonic is fast and mario is slow and splatoon is a mix for me
Post automatically merged:

"Sonic fans hate trying different things and that's why people hate the game.... BUT NOT ME! I LIKE THE GAME, I'M NOT LIKE THOSE SONIC FANS." Is the impression I got from reading that (albeit, I might be wrong, that's just the impression I got). I think why most people don't like it is because it was literally trying NOT to be a Sonic game. It was trying to be a Mario Game... which does not fit for Sonic.

the thing I am a mario fan but sonic is fast and mario is slow and splatoon is a mix for me
Post automatically merged:
The difference isn't as simple as their canonical speeds being incomparable, it's that their gameplay styles and the direct objective in their respective games are fundamentally different from one another.

"Sonic fans hate trying different things and that's why people hate the game.... BUT NOT ME! I LIKE THE GAME, I'M NOT LIKE THOSE SONIC FANS." Is the impression I got from reading that (albeit, I might be wrong, that's just the impression I got).
Technically, you are kinda correct lmao

Victim is a weird word, but I'll apply it here nonetheless. There are victims everywhere in this fandom, two different definitions, but only one to reasonably sympathize with.

When it concerns the vocal minority that have sadly taken over the entire gaming community let alone this fandom, there is a huge victim complex. This complex stems from arbitrary standards that aren't supposedly being met in a number of areas. Gamers, and this includes certain Sonic fans without a doubt, have developed a complex priding itself as a persecuted minority. However, when it concerns people who know how to use their voices in a manner that is conducive and respectful, even in disagreement, there are indeed victims of vicious stereotyping and bullying. I think it's easy to understand. You have people screaming at the top of their lungs about character assassination, being too much and like Mario, and other issues that nobody said were invalid, and they're doing nothing about it except letting them all fester. The people who're addressing these with assertion but also respect are being drowned out. You know, I am suddenly reminded of the Lucario versus Mewtwo kerfuffle during the hype around Super Smash Bros. Brawl. The people who were honest-to-God fans of both characters like me were completely ignored.

I'm not interested in Sonic Lost World, but I've always to say that in this achievement-obsessed culture of ours, good has quickly become overrated for me. I'm sick to death of the words quality and reputation because they're almost always exclusively applied to Sonic and abused like nobody's business.

Seriously, I loved it as a kid. The only 2 things I didn't like were the multi-lock on and the levels that were entirely rail grinding. Why does everyone hate it so much?
Other than being a “Mario galaxy clone” I got nothin, I’ve never tried it and have seen a few videos about it and don’t really see the hate.
Dude, theres a RUN. BUTTON. i dont think i have to further explain myself, like-- where is the momentum?
Pizza tower also has one lol and it’s still good
The worst offender being Tails, who I wanted to shut up all the time, since everything he said was annoying and he only spent his time fighting with Sonic and Eggman for reasons that seem stupid to me. How can a game make me dislike my own favorite character? I don't know, but that game did it.
Honestly what the heck happened to everyone after the adventure games?! Tails was great in adventure 1 and 2 but after that, stuff went downhill, like tails in this game acted like a brat, heck how is tails scared of chaos 0 in forces when he has fought a more powerful version of him in adventure?!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back