Why does everyone hate Sonic Heroes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maou-Shin Daioka said:
If Sonic Team actually took the time to correctly develop their games, maybe they would suck right now.
..............................................................................................................

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Anyway, I don't really see anything wrong with SH either. At least not in the demo...............

Personally I don't see anything wrong with SH except for the fact that there is corny acting and tails is super annoying, that's basically it. Other than that I like it.

M.V.P said:
Personally I don't see anything wrong with SH except for the fact that there is corny acting and tails is super annoying, that's basically it. Other than that I like it.
Same, although all of the VAing sucks, and both the storyline and dialogue are corny.

One thing that ticks me off is in that rail station level when I go on the rainbow rings, I miss the rail and die.

Excuse me, that was a typo I should have checked over.
But if Sonic Team actually did spend some time that they should developing and debugging their games, their products wouldn't blow right now.

Agreed. It was excusable in the past when Sega didn't exactly have the world's greatest budget. Now, however, since they're apparently second only to Konami in Japan due to the merger with Sammy, I think they can afford to delay a game a while to make it better a la Nintendo. I'd rather wait an agonizingly long time for a great game than get crap quickly.

Shadow Hog said:
Agreed. It was excusable in the past when Sega didn't exactly have the world's greatest budget. Now, however, since they're apparently second only to Konami in Japan due to the merger with Sammy, I think they can afford to delay a game a while to make it better a la Nintendo. I'd rather wait an agonizingly long time for a great game than get crap quickly.
And that's what they're doing with the PS3 release of Sonic'06.

And once that's released, us 360-ers will go nuts over this rumored super content update patch or whatever.

TimberWolf said:
Shadow Hog said:
We really, really have no concrete evidence of this (word of mouth and a rumored pulled review by 1Up don't count; people can lie, and it's easy as hell to link to a non-existent page on a gaming website).

In fact, we have concrete evidence AGAINST this, since it's out in Japan already and Japanese fans lucky enough to own both versions say there are no noticeable differences, load times and all. (And here I CAN cite my sources: Hari Hari, to be exact, as translated by big smile.)

The amount of work that would have to go into fixing this game up just can't be done in two scant months, guys. Seriously. Getting your hopes up like this is only going to set you up for disappointment.

Shadow Hog said:
TimberWolf said:
Shadow Hog said:
We really, really have no concrete evidence of this (word of mouth and a rumored pulled review by 1Up don't count; people can lie, and it's easy as hell to link to a non-existent page on a gaming website).

In fact, we have concrete evidence AGAINST this, since it's out in Japan already and Japanese fans lucky enough to own both versions say there are no noticeable differences, load times and all. (And here I CAN cite my sources: Hari Hari, to be exact, as translated by big smile.)

The amount of work that would have to go into fixing this game up just can't be done in two scant months, guys. Seriously. Getting your hopes up like this is only going to set you up for disappointment.
Then how come it isn't out in North America right now?

TimberWolf said:
Shadow Hog said:
TimberWolf said:
Shadow Hog said:

Then how come it isn't out in North America right now?

...Timber, that has to be the most retarded question I've ever heard.
the PS3 version has to go under translation, if it comes over here.
But knowing Sonic Team, the PS3 version will probally have more bugs and glitches than it's 360 counterpart.

When was the PS3 version of Sonic'06 supposed to be out? And it shouldn't take this long to translate everything, they already have the voice clips from the 360 version!

As well, 1-up gave the PS3 version a higher score than the 360 version as well.
PS3 version: 8.something
360 version: 6.something

TimberWolf said:
As well, 1-up gave the PS3 version a higher score than the 360 version as well.
PS3 version: 8.something
360 version: 6.something
Damnit, I just went over this. Read, will you?

You'd think that, wouldn't you? They generally have everything done, including translations, but it still takes at least a month to get to the US. Why? I don't know. Licensing? Printing enough English copies for everybody? Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back