Why does everyone hate Sonic Heroes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Tails on an airplane. You know, those things that fly through the air? You know, the atmosphere?

Sonic suffered reentry just like any space ship would, in both Sonic 2, and Sonic and Knuckles-heck, depending on how high you consider the Death Egg to have taken off, he's done it three times-twice in one game if you consider Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles as one.

EDIT: Oh, and as for Shadow, he was not in is Super Form, if I recall. And anyway, the reasoning behind him dying is that he expended all his energy using that big-ass Chaos Control (he makes rather depressing remarks concerning his vitality in the FinalHazard Battle, IIRC). And, anyway, we can be assured that SA2 has a more realistic tone than the Classic Series-after all, look at the Sonic CD ending movie. Sonic takes on lots of most likely heavily armed robots without breaking a sweat, but in SA2 a few measly soldiers can corner him. Not to mention the whole "Gun to Amy's Head" thing, where in the past it was "Lock the guy up in a capsule or robot or jail!". In that frame of mind, you can't survive the burning heat of reentry-even in super form, hence the unseen time limit in the final battle.

blahblahblah sonic sucks etc

I already own, as of last week, virtually every game you listed I should try as opposed to playing Sonic as much as I have been; none of them compare to this (with the possible exception of GoW, but that's... y'know? That's GoW. It's a given, really) so I think I'm quite happy with my purchase. $60? More than worth it.

(Tails does suck, though. I'll give you that much.)

Sonicandtails218 said:
Yes, Tails on an airplane. You know, those things that fly through the air? You know, the atmosphere?

Sonic suffered reentry just like any space ship would, in both Sonic 2, and Sonic and Knuckles-heck, depending on how high you consider the Death Egg to have taken off, he's done it three times-twice in one game if you consider Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles as one.

EDIT: Oh, and as for Shadow, he was not in is Super Form, if I recall. And anyway, the reasoning behind him dying is that he expended all his energy using that big-ass Chaos Control (he makes rather depressing remarks concerning his vitality in the FinalHazard Battle, IIRC). And, anyway, we can be assured that SA2 has a more realistic tone than the Classic Series-after all, look at the Sonic CD ending movie. Sonic takes on lots of most likely heavily armed robots without breaking a sweat, but in SA2 a few measly soldiers can corner him. Not to mention the whole "Gun to Amy's Head" thing, where in the past it was "Lock the guy up in a capsule or robot or jail!". In that frame of mind, you can't survive the burning heat of reentry-even in super form, hence the unseen time limit in the final battle.

However, Sonic did it AGAIN in the Sonic Advance games. Hell, Sonic did it while holding onto Vanilla in Sonic Advance 2, and before that he was holding the capsule Vanilla was trapped in. As well, in Sonic Rush, you play as Sonic and Blaze (depending on story) fighting Eggman/Eggman NEGA (again, depending on story) on a ship that's falling THROUGH THE ATMOSPHERE and has NO cover what-so-ever. At the start of the battle you fucking see the MOON, so it's obvious that you're in outer space.

And the classic games are the same series as the newer ones. Hell, they take place on the same planet!

TimberWolf said:
SH, I've only played the PC demo, but I havn't gotten any bad camera angles or glitches (or cheap deaths), and this is the PC DEMO. If SH really IS as bad as everyone's saying, then that means that SEGA and Sonic Team really do fail.

Now, about Shadow the Hedgehog: I have the PS2 version, and I havn't gotten ANY glitches, bad camera angles OR cheap deaths. As well, the weapons and vehicles in it fit Shadows bad-ass attitude.

Yeah i havent got really any glitchs. I just think some people who say its glitches or team switching is hard, is just not good at either of these games because I get all A ranks on all of them.

TimberWolf said:
SH, I've only played the PC demo, but I havn't gotten any bad camera angles or glitches (or cheap deaths), and this is the PC DEMO. If SH really IS as bad as everyone's saying, then that means that SEGA and Sonic Team really do fail.
If you were referring to my bigass quote, that was directed at StH2K6. Also, Heroes' flaws only truly show themselves when you approach the later levels; the first one's actually pretty tame, and that's all the demo has.

Jman said:
Yeah i havent got really any glitchs. I just think some people who say its glitches or team switching is hard, is just not good at either of these games because I get all A ranks on all of them.
First off, I've heard horror stories of people getting glitches all over the place in the very last stage (the one with the music sounding like Mega Man V's title screen theme, you know the one), including falling through the floor and so on. Skill plays no factor in chance.

Second off, the character changing works, sure, but it's rather clunky, and you frequently have to concentrate on that, so you get the right character, as opposed to concentrating on more important things. It doesn't flow very well, is all.

Omega the Hedgehog said:
blahblahblah sonic rocks etc
Sonic 2K6, better than Oblivion?

That's hilarious, Omega, it really is. Thanks for that, but I'm afraid it was so funny, I forgot to laugh. My apologies.

Shadow Hog said:
TimberWolf said:
If you were referring to my bigass quote, that was directed at StH2K6. Also, Heroes' flaws only truly show themselves when you approach the later levels; the first one's actually pretty tame, and that's all the demo has.
Actually, I was referring to everybody that's bashing Sonic Heroes. I can understand bashing it for the voices, storyline and cheesy lines, but that's it.

BlueZero4 said:
And what about replay value? That's why I bash it on the head.
Replay value, nobody really cares about it. I mean, unlockables are a given in games, who cares how it is you unlock them?

I wouldn't hold it against Sonic Team for them to not port the 360 version.
Let's just hope it's the PS3 version that gets ported (for all of you that plan on buying it.)

I plan on illegally downloading it and then buying it if and only if it is fun. I'd rather not encourage Sonic Team to make shitty games.

I've heard horror stories of people getting glitches all over the place in the very last stage (the one with the music sounding like Mega Man V's title screen theme, you know the one), including falling through the floor and so on. Skill plays no factor in chance.

Well one thing u are right about, the major glitches on the last level. Thats the only places I get the glitches at.

[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back