What was your first WAD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine was a WAD that was incomplete due to WadAuthor having fun messing up with it :/ And I lost the file. If by any chance anybody turns out to have a copy of my "South Island" map, post it please... Through I think HotDog003 was the one with that had the copy :P

Mine was Spiral Mountain
Screens of the first release:
srb20121.png

srb20123.png

Sik said:
Ash said:
http://www.freewebs.com/coolpoopguy/

=|
How many FOFs did you use in the down and up arrows of the second screenshot? o_O
I dunno. That was a while ago. I read on the bottom... copyright 2005. Hm. Well, it isn't exactly my FIRST wad, but it's sorta my first "huge" thing. I made quite a few other wads before that.

Edit: Now that I think about it more, I have gotten urges to actually finish this thing, but I know all that it will entail is hangout, hangout, and more hangout.

=S

I have never made a wad IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. Working on one though.

Ash said:
Edit: Now that I think about it more, I have gotten urges to actually finish this thing, but I know all that it will entail is hangout, hangout, and more hangout.

=S
You know, a well-done hangout map can finish up being a good hide'n'seek map :P This is very true with SonicFreak94's map, because even if you take away the maze in it, there are lots of good places to hide (through for some reason they can be found quite easily while it takes looooong to find me, once I got found only because his bro accidentally used a teleporter, and he was seeking for me like for around ten minutes x_X and yes, he got next to me and he didn't figure out I was there, you should have seen me laughing hard)

My first level was this pile of crap here, if people remember me started map making about 2 years ago, this was the first ever map I made. It fails a lot lol.

My first WAD was some level I wanted to call 'Weather Station'.

I managed to complete Act 1, but I had the normal DoomBuilder at the time. I think I put in a thok barrier, and I did try to put emblems in (although I thought they were things, and mistook the NiGHTS thing with the same sprite for emblems). It was supposed to be a level where the weather is different every new area you must teleport to.

But I also put in the black emerald, for a reason I don't know why...

After all, I made this level several years ago, when the latest SRB2 Version was 1.09.2. I had followed the old DoomBuilder Tutorial to help me get some experience, and that did help.

But later on I tried to make an Act 2, but thanks to some bugs in DoomBuilder, I didn't manage to finish it. Same with the castle level I made slightly later. After that was 'Volcanic Forge', with completed 3 Acts - yet they were small, too easy, no special gimmicks at all, but had thok barriers.

I don't want to release them, as they are crap, rubbish, old, etc, etc...

Absolute first? The WadAuthor tutorial.
First attempt at something real? Grad.wad (unreleased)
First released: Field of Dreams

I really should start wadding again, or at least finish one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back