what is the best 2D sonic game in your opinion

I think that's a bit of an open ended question for me in all honesty. I've played all sorts of Sonic and I have trouble nailing down what I think is The Best.

Personally I think Sonic 3 is absolutely one of the best games in terms of 2D Sonic. The Elemental Shields offer all these neat little enhancements to the way you navigate levels and reach the giant rings, from the electric shield's double jump to the fire shield's air dash. The Insta-Shield was also a really nice mechanic, incredibly well thought out with how it can expand sonic's hitbox and even deflect projectiles if timed properly.

On that same note, I could say Sonic Rush is also one of the best as well, just due to the way sonic and blaze feel to play, how the story plays out and of course the soundtrack too.

Similarly, I could even point to Sonic Mania as also being one of the best 2D sonic games for similar reasons as to Sonic 3 and Sonic Rush.

But if you want me to give you a concrete solid, king of kings answer...

Yeah honestly it's just gonna be Sonic 3. It's just an incredibly solid game and I always enjoy my time with it.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back