What do you want to be when you become an adult?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would want to be a video game programmer, I've already programmed some things, but I don't know if getting a job like that has become too difficult.
I might simply be either a normal programmer (not video-game specific) or a network/system administrator.
I'm almost surely going to Computer Science at university.

Wow, I can't believe no one even said actor yet. O_o Why do I want to be an actor? I have been acting in a couple videos a school year ago, and they have been good. (I am not talking about actually being a director, I meant being an actor. >_>)

Jazz said:
Lemme guess: Most of us want to be rich when we're an adult. >_>

EDIT: Oh wait, I was partially wrong. SMS wanted to be a voice actor, which is close to what I would like to do.

Game Tester/Consept Creator/Mapper/Anything that has to do with Games:
You Can Guess why.

Writer of any sort:
I think it's fun to do that sometimes....

And that really all I want to do, right now.

mart_man2 said:
An animal vet, though its harder, i just love seeing animals happy again!

You've also got to be able to see them put to sleep. I've always considered being a doctor one of the worst possible occupations worth mentioning because someone's life is at stake, and you can't afford to mess up... Vets have it easier but I would still never want to be responsible for taking care of a very sick animal as an occupation.

Also beta testing is actually not as great as you think. You get to play an anticipated game before everyone else, but its not the game they are expecting that you are going to get. You have to play through it so thoroughly that you will spot any bugs. Sometimes, I'd rather wait to play the final version than get a beta.

And actually, I don't really care if I'm rich... I'd like to be remembered though, like some of the better-known authors but that is, of course, just a dream.

And when I was younger I wanted to be anything from a naturalist, to a cook, to a scientist... and of course an astronaut. But at this moment in all seriousness and given my experience I think I would favor a position in video game design or writing as I mentioned before.

Video game programmer (DarkBASIC=teh win for $40)
Musician (Guitar...OMGZ!)
Author (Fiction/poetry)
Photographer
Hotel Receptionist

Used to want to be an archaeologist...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back