What do you want to be when you become an adult?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually not sure, but I think I've narrowed it down:

Video game designer
I've been playing them all my life... I've been loving them all my life... I've been over-analyzing them since I started playing them. I've noticed flaws, I've noticed perks... I had them, have them, will have more, and can't live without them. Maybe this is for me?

Musician
I compose a little bit, but mostly I sing. Not much here, except I've loved music ever since I was born, and apparently have an aptitude for this sort of thing (as in, i've known everything you learn from Music Theory 1 (out of 4 or 5) when I was in Elementary school (distinguishing notes (C D E F G A B C), clefs, rests, time signatures, key signatures, notations such as coda, staccato, legato, slur, the measure of loudness (pianissimo, piano, mezzo piano, mezzo forte, forte, fortissimo, etc.), a bit more of that simple music crap). I don't know if I'd want to go to music college or anything, but... maybe.

Programmer
I like computers. Usually if you want to make your own stuff, you have to learn how to program. If you don't, you're stuck using what other people make. This would probably go in addition with "Video Game Designer"...

Chemist/Doctor/Physicist
Ash is my name, Science is my game! *shot* I've been a fan of the sciences for a while now, and I have the ability for it. This might be my second major or something in college.

Chef
I don't know about this one. When I was a mere child, I wanted to be one for some reason, and that childish part of me still wants to.

Teacher
Ever since I started school, I observed my teachers with a watchful eye. I think I'd make a great teacher, and introduce new teaching methods to the current curriculum everyone still uses.

Writer
As much as I despise literature at the moment, many of the English teachers I have had say I should go into this field of study... yet I don't like it at all. I hate the way I write, and I hate my usage. There's not like I have anything important to say. Damn it all, though; my current English teacher (either this one or in 7th grade) sent one of my pieces of writing into a competition without me knowing, and I won. Immediately after receiving the reward, I hid the certificate and have hesitated to show my parents because the last thing I want is for them to have interest in me becoming a writer, and continuously prodding me to do so.

So... What about you guys?

P.S.:
PLEASE keep it intelligent. No stupidity is requested.

I would like to be one of theses.
  • (*)Programmer(learning programming right now)
    (*)Video game designer
    (*)Chef

Well, at the rate I'm going, my field of study is going to be in computers and video games. I am very good at the hardware side of computing, I maintain my home's server which we use as a file server, I also fix and make computers. I'm getting better in the software side, I can configure most programs correctly, but I can't code my own stuff yet, save in the mIRC Scripting Language (which can only be used with mIRC :P, oh yeah I maintain a channel bot on the aforementioned server).

At school, I also take Graphics and Japanese. So I might take up some 3D modelling, and I'll be able to translate the stuff I make into Japanese, it doesn't have to be useful, just fun. =P

So yeah, that might be the way I'm heading.

Video Games, and if that doesn't work, cartoonist.

Video Games, because it's my hobby to make fan games or just normal games (Even though I haven't finished ANY so far), and cartoonist, because I love cartoons.

Something IT related; video games, or just programmer, mostly the former. I am planning to take a game/programming course in the next two years, provided my maths grade is high enough.

I want to be a video game designer, I'm getting pretty decent with graphics and am getting some practice in programming. I'm also quite critical which would help with any planning/concept related stuff... (seriously, if Sonic Team was more critical...)

I also *want* to be a writer. I started a piece of fiction when I was around twelve, but I didn't get far. I've written a handful of poetry and some short stories... I've written storylines for mods and am working on a story on a somewhat larger scale at the moment. However I have a tendency to rewrite everything often due to being irritated by the slightest problems.

Right now, I really only have a placeholder job, just to get my needed money. Here's what I'd love to be if it ever becomes possible.

Explorer
No, not internet explorer. It seems really fun to do stuff all around the world, preferably something with animals.

Drawing Artist
Its kinda hard to find a job here. Probably ends up being a hobby of mine.

Voice Actor
As a teenager, I could already imitate quite a few voices nearly perfectly, like Mario's or Luigi's. It seems pretty dang fun too.

Anything with games
I really wouldn't mind what. As long as its not texture designer, I'm fine. It looks to be kind of boring after certain time, though, so I'd prefer one of the above.

PS: No, I didn't put it from "most liked" to "less liked"

And because I love irritating people, I'll just put some unwanted humor below.

l33t H4xX0rz
I'm already one!

I really want to be a Doctor/General Surgon/NeruoSurgon. I actually know how to operate, yet I've never seen a human organ.

Seems just about everyone here wants to be into video game related jobs. I want to be (Spelling is probably wrong) Psychyatrist.

My future tells me I want to be one of the following:

Software or Game Beta Tester:
I pretty much test other people's work on a regular basis (srb2 and non-srb2 related) and look for bugs, glitches, flaws, and areas of improvement needed, shouldn't be too hard to do official testing.

Weather Man:
I got the knowledge and know alot of it, but recently I've been not interested in this one.

Explorer:
Like SMS, I've always wanted to see the rest of the world and see exotic flora and fauna.

Zookeeper/Animal Caretaker/Animal Educator:
Probably my most likely thing to do. Take care of animals in zoos and hope they breed and their babies go into the wild. Otherwise I can still take care of animals and educate people about them and explain why conservation is important. I could probably be another Steve Irwin.

After being invloved with SRB2 (and Portal) mapping, I can tell that video game designing isn't for me. If I still want to do video game stuff when I get a job, it's going to be something I do in my free time.

And that's all I'm sure of, honestly.

Musician: I play the piano and organ, and I compose. People seem
to like my music when I play, so I want to go into this.

Videogame Designer I'm learning to program and render graphics,
and a game is nothing without a plot right? I also write. So, this
would also seem like a good choice.

Hacker Learning...

1. Graphic Designer
Woot
2. T-shirt designer
VG TEES!
3. Comedian
Otherwise I'm going to be homeless! =D

Video game tester/programmer:
I've been very intriged with video games throughout my life ever since I got Mario Kart 64, hell it was my first game.. I've always wanted to test video games or program them. Hell, screwing around with the SRB2 source is a start, right?

Cartoonist ( See: http://www.flame.sepwich.com/drawings/ ):
I've been drawing for quite some time now and recently gotten the hang of drawing mario in my own style. I've also been interested in animation for the same reason, although I never really animated anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back