What bugs you on net games

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, 1 week. And LOGAN, to delete a post. Press the little X next the edit button. Of course, now it won't show up, because your post has more posts in front of it.

Kaysakado said:
No, 1 week. And LOGAN, to delete a post. Press the little X next the edit button. Of course, now it won't show up, because your post has more posts in front of it.

The Rules said:
If you go at least 2 weeks without being punished, a strike will be ignored. (If you were given 2 strikes, and then go 2 weeks without being punished, and then cause another problem, you will be given another strike 2 and banned for a week, instead of being permanently banned.)

._.

Sciky said:
Blue Warrior said:
Sciky said:
NeoJames said:
Rival said:
Ringslinger On in Co-op (and maybe race).
In race, it's fun! It just adds to the exitment! Can't catch up to the player in front of you? Throw a ring!

It is rare that someone shoots rings at someone juring race, because of that whenever someone does, we just find it very irritating and just feel we're being pulled back by people who are simply too rubbish at the game to beat you racing normally.

I'm not saying that you suck at the race, I don't think I've raced you before, I'm just saying your tactic is (at least to me) frowned upon when most people are beating each other in a race by using speed and not shooting each other.

I frankly see it as an alternative strategy for racing, making the game a little more hectic in thokfests and Coop stage races alike. Say you're racing in Tempest Valley Zone. Two players could meet up from separate paths and now have an even chance at the finish, then decide to shoot each other to slow them down. If one of them is right by the edge, they can easily be shot down on one of the lower levels (or bottomless pits) if they're close to the finish, meaning that the ringslinger race would be a competition of both speed and skill in shooting. And when it comes to Full Race, then ringslinger becomes all the more interesting in the case of ring count.

What I don't understand is, if people are irritated by others shooting rings at them, why can't they just shoot back? Use it to your advantage if you don't want it to be used against you.

Another reason why at least I hate people who shoot in race is because in any sonic racing system there's never been shooting, the multiplayer race in srb2 is the same as sonic 2 for the mega drive, but there was never any shooting, which is for me another reason when i get annoyed by people shooting in race.

So? They didn't have Match and CTF either. :p

I love shoving it in the face of those people who really do suck and have to shoot to win, by avoiding every shot and then lapping them, basically saying, shooting is pointless, stop doing it and race normally.

Again, it's an alternative strategy. It requires both skill and speed, and if you lack either one, then you're at a disadvantage.

Your opinion on shooting in race is up to you and I know I wont convice you so I'm not going to argue on that.

We don't (at least I don't) shoot back because that would mean getting into that tactic, and also acting like him/her. Also its because I'm concentrating on not loosing the race, so I carry on.

As for the fact that sonic 2 didn't have match or ctf, that doesn't really come into it, I'm on about the race portion of srb2 compared to the race mode in sonic 2 as they are both the same, and are asking you to do the same thing, because the srb2 reace mode is exactly the same, it feels you're just meant to do do what you did in sonic 2.

And I'm not at a disadvantage if I lack the ability to shoot and race as I already said, most people I've seen so far who do shoot are bad racing normally, so I just avoid them and beat them.
Yeah I think it's ok its like Mario Kart without the weapons.

1) The thing that bugs me is when I change my color and name noobs shoot me.
2) Lag
3) C-Lag
4) People saying are you finished with the ashura.wad
5) People saying did you make the ashura.wad?

Ashura The Hedgehog said:
UBER LONG POST, that probably should have been edited to save spave.

Changing colors mid-game = free points.

Do it in the transition/score display.

Andy said:
Jumping over a death pit and having an ad pop up, minimizing SRB2, causing lag, killing you, then finally come back to SRB2 and finding yourself about to get server timeout'd. I swear, that happens to me so many times, it's like the ad was programmed to do that.

YES OMG YES ITS SO FRIGGIN ANNOYING NO MATTER WHAT YOU PLAY!!! when ever you're in a fight or crisis the popup comes and minimizes(mainly happens while downloading) OR when you push the start key on the keyboard and it minimizes and takes all day to load up THEN when everything on your desktop loads up (or whatever window is up) the SRB2 box on the start bar doesnt come up for like 40 secs which is enough time for someone to make a serious comeback.

i know its a month late but THIS is DEFINATLY the MOST annoying thing next to servers with too many wads that no one has. and spammers

on Edge said:
UBER LONG POST, that probably should have been edited to save space.

Changing colors mid-game = free points.

Do it in the transition/score display.
Best way to do it. Or when you aren't moving when the server is paused, if you are in standing frames.

Yeah I think it's ok its like Mario Kart without the weapons.

And as for the srb2 riders/mario kart mod, I think shooting in that mode is fine, because its mario kart, and you're meant to, and its fun. The ability to throw rings in the normal srb2/sonic 2 type racing mode however just feels like something tacked on from match when it should be disabled.

What bugs me is some servers they make matches so cheap and unfair. Messing around with the item boxes trying to win the match. I try to tell them to turn it back to normal then most of the people saying I'm complaining cause the match is so unfair then they ban me for no reason. This happened to me again a few hours ago with SonicX8000 and a guy called me an idiot befor I got banned.

1. People coming on my server saying to join there server.

2. People asking me to use startrings, startlives, etc. (I hardly even use these commends...)

3. People asking me to change the gravity to anything.

4. People who complain of saying the server is unfair all because of item boxes being changed at random between levels. (Not sure if this is fair or not.)

5. People that spam with letters, the order pizza thing, etc.

6. People telling me to add a wad.

7. People that think they can hangout or RP in my server.

And much more...

...not as much, but I have a few pet peeves:

1. People telling me I'm a noob for not beating a certaing stage fast enough.

2. In CTF, having a one-on-one with someone way better than me, and having make fun of my no skills.

And some things I like:

1. Being able to change color and characters at whim.

2. Being able to chat.

max+sonic said:
What bugs me is some servers they make matches so cheap and unfair. Messing around with the item boxes trying to win the match. I try to tell them to turn it back to normal then most of the people saying I'm complaining cause the match is so unfair then they ban me for no reason. This happened to me again a few hours ago with SonicX8000 and a guy called me an idiot befor I got banned.

Oh, that reminds me of a similar instance in CTF long ago. I believe I was alone, facing a couple other guys, and they were using some dirty tricks that weren't even in the book. The host kept messing with startrings in order to give him the advantage, though really, he kept getting hit by me anyway. Then, while I had the flag, he turned the gravity to 0, and so I was stuck in the air, really nowhere to go, and there was a bottomless pit by me. I assumed he was trying to get me to hover over the pit so he could put gravity to 9 and send me plummeting me to death. I didn't fall for it, and he kept the gravity at 0. After some waiting, he just banned me from the server. Heheh, poor sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back