Werehogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arf said:
Chip has personally been one of my favourite latest new characters in the sonic series, and that's saying a LOT.
His personality is fine, his voice isn't high pitched, and he plays a good role after all. And his chocolate obsession was cute at worst.

well yea, cause you grow to him the more you know him (shown in the 360 version. ANd yes I agree with your reason of chip.) Reason why I said I didn't want to see him again was...well the story is done, and some other plot like:

"Dark gaia is restless and causes chaos once again. Uh oh...looks like the dark energy awakens once more in sonic. SONIC UNLEASHED 2!!!"

It just doesn't add up for some reason, even if they manage to make the plot understandable, not to mention it's just a copy/paste procedure if a sequal is in effect no matter how you look at it.

I agree. Chip's probably my favorite newcomer in the Sonic franchise, but bringing him back into the cast would only hurt the point of his character.

I hate Chip. His voice just grates on the nerves. Secondly, I liked the Werehog stages, they just needed to tighten the controls up a little bit.

Arf said:
Chip has personally been one of my favourite latest new characters in the sonic series, and that's saying a LOT.
His personality is fine, his voice isn't high pitched, and he plays a good role after all. And his chocolate obsession was cute at worst.
Well said, Arf. I think the same thing.

Eh... Personally I like Werehog's gameplay. It was real fun although it certainly didn't add up to the dizzying speed of the regular egoed Sonic.

I dunno. I liked him. It's a love and hate thing with Werehog.

GREG THE CAT said:
I dunno. I liked him. It's a love and hate thing with Werehog.

Not entirely, if the stages themselves were for, say, a non-Sonic game, and had a different character, it would be a decent enough game. It's more the fact it doesn't suit the series, than anything else.

The character itself has a drastic resemblance to a certain LoZ* game which came out roughly the same time, and yet again, it doesn't suit a Sonic game.

*I don't play these, I just heard it, so I may be wrong.

Arf said:

What do you mean? Chip is an annoying character and said and did things that Sonic characters would NEVER EVER DO if they had kept being good, Sonic is not soppoused to be some Cartoon Network crap, It is suppoused to be a high-speed adventure game, (the way people looked also ruined the game, almost as much as the Werehog).

And for the people who do not agree, play:

Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2
Shadow the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
Sonic and the Secret Rings

sonnarku said:
What do you mean? Chip is an annoying character and said and did things that Sonic characters would NEVER EVER DO if they had kept being good, Sonic is not soppoused to be some Cartoon Network crap, It is suppoused to be a high-speed adventure game, (the way people looked also ruined the game, almost as much as the Werehog).

Ok. Then lets go back to STH06 awsomness[/sarcasim]. 4Kids is what you should of said. Thats worst crap than what cartoonnetwork is dishing.
Anyway, it should be obvious that it's focusing on Younger audiences than the old.

And for the art style, samething. Lets not forget sonic is a cartoon my friend, but they should of not made it too cartoony.

TrueTenguMan said:
sonnarku said:

Ok. Then lets go back to STH06 awsomness[/sarcasim]. 4Kids is what you should of said. Thats worst crap than what cartoonnetwork is dishing.
Anyway, it should be obvious that it's focusing on Younger audiences than the old.

And for the art style, samething. Lets not forget sonic is a cartoon my friend, but they should of not made it too cartoony.

Then why were most of of Sonic 3D games focused on Sonic having talks and stuff with alot of people that looked like in real life, using weapons that had most of the basics that real life offers, and even you hop on an Space Shuttle that was designed to look like some real-life one, with the technology that they had at time, in my personal opinion, the way those series should be like is like Sonic and the Secret Rings.

Going into another discussion, I got really annoyed by the fact that as far as I know, the places you go to in this gamed don´t even exist.

Going into another discussion, I got really annoyed by the fact that as far as I know, the places you go to in this gamed don´t even exist.

uh...Obviously yea.

It's set in a universe that differs from ours. The continents are in fact based off of countries in reality

Apotos: Greece/Mykonos

Mazuri: Africa

spagonia: Italy

Holoska: Alaska or Antarctica

Chun-Nan: China

Empire city: NYC (New york city)

Shamar: Somewhere in the middle east. I think it's india though...

Adabat: Angkor
============
But how is this annoying if it's been seen in other games?

TrueTenguMan said:
Haha. Yeah right. That cartooning was undeniably great stuff and fits rather well against the realistic people designs of Sonic 2006 and the anime-ish art style of the Sonic Adventure series. I mean, Sonic is a cartoony blue hedgehog with rather cartoony physics that make you go, "Wow...." How does a cartoony hedehog not fit in with cartoony humanoids? It worked for Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, so why not the games themselves?

However, I'm really digging the art style in Black Knight.... It has some amazing art direction. Maybe if they do it right, Sonic can be like Howard the Duck (of the Man-Thing comics) and be in realistic settings and still look like a cartoon character.

Hm.... I'm still stuck between art styles.

TrueTenguMan said:

uh...Obviously yea.

It's set in a universe that differs from ours. The continents are in fact based off of countries in reality

Apotos: Greece/Mykonos

Mazuri: Africa

spagonia: Italy

Holoska: Alaska or Antarctica

Chun-Nan: China

Empire city: NYC (New york city)

Shamar: Somewhere in the middle east. I think it's india though...

Adabat: Angkor
============
But how is this annoying if it's been seen in other games?

Oh thanks for telling me the location of those places, it´s just because of the comunist of my president, that it is really har to travel and impossible to get other countries maps.

BTW awnsering your question, the location of places in Sonic´s previous series was unknown(names weren´t gaven) but we can still imagine where those are from.

Example:
Marble Zone:
Greice

Sonnarku said:
the location of places in Sonic´s previous series were unknown(names weren´t given

True to be honest. But I think their was a drastic change in those locations.

Basically, the older games had sonic in locations that didn't really relate to any real locations. It was more like a.....different world you could say that still didn't really make sence once games like sonic adventure came into the fray.

So I guess Sonic unleashed ((AKA: Sonic World adventure being the real name)) kinda gives you a ideal of the outside world. Though not in a stereotypical way that is :P

oh god,I asked my parents wheres Spagonia!

I thought the names were real, but the (EX: High Europe) would be the fake name... >_>

super said:
I always wondered why there wasn't an London inspired level.

Spagonia was close cause of the clock tower. But due to country's structure...It went Italy on us :P

My theory is they put 1 third of london in it and 2 thirds of italy.

Because the Werehog has its good points. I always wanted to beat the snot out of something in the Sonic Series and the Homing Attack just ain't good enough.

Sonnarkku said:
What do you mean? Chip is an annoying character
I don't know what you found annoying about him, he really doesn't do anything that hasn't been done by previous characters.
Besides, ingame you only see him like ten times during the tutorial (I played PS2) and never again. He interrupts the gaming flow but they are just tutorials. I think he doesn't interrupt you in the X360 though...

and said and did things that Sonic characters would NEVER EVER DO if they had kept being good
Like?

Sonic is not soppoused to be some Cartoon Network crap, It is suppoused to be a high-speed adventure game, (the way people looked also ruined the game, almost as much as the Werehog).
Oh, hey, IT'S A VIDEOGAME CHARACTER, HE'S A BLUE HEDGEHOG THAT RUNS AT THE SPEED OF SOUND ON HIS HIND LEGS.
Gee, cartoony? Who gave you that idea?
Oh, and the character design was very very good, it suited the game style.
STYLE. You know why some games like Cave Story take a different outdated artwork and approach? Because of that nifty thing called STYLE that makes everything fit together without anything looking out of place.
Considering the blue hedgehog idea, realistic characters such as in Sonic 2006 look EXTREMELY out of place. They aren't sonic at all, they just don't fit with the game.
But that's completely out of the question, because as long as a game is FUN to play, then everything else is just to give it a plus. It's not essential. It just helps the game have a better lasting impression.

And for the people who do not agree, play:

Sonic Adventure
Good game.

Sonic Adventure 2
Another good game.

Shadow the Hedgehog
WHAT

Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
WHAT!?

Sonic and the Secret Rings
Eh... I guess it's a fine game.

Then why were most of of Sonic 3D games focused on Sonic having talks and stuff with alot of people that looked like in real life, using weapons that had most of the basics that real life offers, and even you hop on an Space Shuttle that was designed to look like some real-life one, with the technology that they had at time
A) Those games are universally panned.
B) Guns, again don't fit with sonic, neither do lifechanging talks or anything, I want to play my fast game damnit. Oh and the guns in Shadow sucked. A LOT.
Sonic games aren't meant to be realist because IT'S A VIDEOGAME.
You know, like the ones you save earth from aliens and destroy impossibly fast cars and go through loop de loops and all.

in my personal opinion, the way those series should be like is like Sonic and the Secret Rings.
What... Secret Rings has nothing to do with real life...

Style, again.

I'm sorry if I came out like I attempted to offend, but some of the stuff you said made no sense, and some of the other stuff you said is what makes sonic games hated by almost everyone. It's a matter of likes and dislikes, and I accept that, but you shouldn't just diss another style because you don't like it.
I don't like shadow the hedgehog for trying to be ritty and emo and dark and mature, but I don't badmouth it for that. I badmouth it for being a terrible game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back