Well, whats your favorite of the 16-bit 2-D Sonic games?

Whats your favorite if the 16-bit 2-D Sonics?

• Sonic the Hedgehog

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 2

• Sonic the Hedgehog CD

• Sonic 3 & Knuckles

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was no poison water in ANY of the 2D games. Also, someone hasn't played Chemical Plant Zone or Stardust Speedway. If those aren't fast, I don't know what is.

TheDarkArchon said:
There was no poison water in ANY of the 2D games. Also, someone hasn't played Chemical Plant Zone or Stardust Speedway. If those aren't fast, I don't know what is.

Oil Ocean Zone had that oil stuff that's an instant death, does that count?

The oil stuff was NOT instant death, you could easily jump out of it. You guys need to go play the game again.

Shuffle said:
The oil stuff was NOT instant death, you could easily jump out of it. You guys need to go play the game again.

It IS Instant death if you sink into it. It's not particularly easy to get out of either, at least with Knuckles and Tails.

Sonic 2 had the best 2 player mode.
Too bad they didn't do the same thing for sonic 3. Would've been fun to do those maps split screen, I guess they were just too big.

GCFreak said:
It's not particularly easy to get out of either, at least with Knuckles and Tails.

No. It is VERY easy to escape. It's hard when you have to go under the structures in the oil, especially in the Beta version of the game. And Tails has no gameplay differences from Sonic, at least in Sonic 2.

Super mystic sonic said:
Those games were hell slow! Even mario bros was faster!

SOMEONE has failed Game Design 101.

Super mystic sonic said:
his jump is useless

You practically jump half the time in the classic games. How is jumping useless?

However, this silly statement takes the cake:

Super mystic sonic said:
and if you use superpeelout/spindash, you'll crash on a rock or hit a enemy half a second later!

Umm, isn't that what spindashing is for? For breaking through rocks and plowing through enemies? And going up loops too. I bet you never played Sonic 3 before. I think you've gotten your games mixed up, SMS, because spindash is rather useless in the modern games.

Super mystic sonic said:
PS: I do like Sonic Rush, however.

Says the person who says that the classic games' spindash was useless. Seriously, the spindash in Sonic Rush is completely pointless, because it takes longer to charge than a boost, and you actually slow down while you're going around a loop, rather than speeding up, as you're supposed to.

You got served.

-claps- wow. this bord amuses me every day.

Super mystic sonic
Those games were hell slow! Even mario bros was faster!
dude you really need to play more 2D sonic. I bet that you went AS SLOW as mario in sonic 2, 3, CD.

id say sonic 2. I really liked the super sonic music on it. It could be the best music of the 2d games.

scd second.

s3&k 3rd.

firsts is last. (this was the first game i ever took apart and "FIXED" in my life.)

FoxBlitzz said:
FireLaserbeam said:
US soundtrack may not fit into the game as well as the JPN one does

In my opinion, it's the other way around. Most of the Future songs from the Japanese soundtrack suck. And those are the ones that are the most emotional, you know.

I think more of the japanese ones fit. Especially after hearing Sonic Remix.

Not for me. Most of the time the Bad Future tracks just aren't serious enough. I mean, come on! Eggman's taken over the world, there shouldn't be dance music playing in the background! And also, the US soundtrack is much more suited for the Metal Sonic race. The ones from the Euro soundtrack just don't fit the race.

SCD is my fav of them all, Sonic3K, S2 then S1.

SSZ-BF is the song that is nearly ALWAYS playing during a thunderstorm, wether it be in my head or on my compy/MP3 player =P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back