Well, whats your favorite of the 16-bit 2-D Sonic games?

Whats your favorite if the 16-bit 2-D Sonics?

• Sonic the Hedgehog

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 2

• Sonic the Hedgehog CD

• Sonic 3 & Knuckles

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun

I'm suprised no one has made this poll yet...

Well, I think SCD is my fav because:
- It was my first game ever, so I get a lot of noglosta from it.
- It has a lot of exploration for things such as the "bad future pods", the Metal Sonic hologram(I know it doesn't do crap, but I destroy it anyway).
- The Super Peel-Out added a whole new sense of speed, as being able to burst into top speed without slowing down a bit after releasing is just amazing.
- JPN soundtrack is perhaps the best soundtrack you may hear in all of gaming. US soundtrack may not fit into the game as well as the JPN one does, but its still amazing.
- Best Special Stages in ANY Sonic game, IMO.

S3K is a VERY close second, due to being the longest one of them, having new sheilds, neat special stages(there not THAT hard), mini-bosses at the end of Act 1, Tails actually plays differently then Sonic, and Knuckles having different routes then Sonic/Tails.

Sonic 2 may not be as great as S3K, but its still a superb game(even though Tails isn't worth playing as, due to him being the same thing with Sonic without a super form).

Sonic 1 may be my least favorite of them, but its still a great game. Sonic 1 seems to be a bit more "platformer" based then the others, though theres one major problem in Sonic that slows it down:

If your running faster then you usally do from going downhill, hit forward via spring, if you hit the direction then Sonic is running, he goes back down to his normal running speed. Hopefully, the GBA version will fix the running thing.

No I'm pretty sure someone has made a topic like this.

My favorite is Sonic 3 & Knux, mainly because it was my first Sonic game ever, and got to master it. My second would be Sonic 2, and then Sonic CD. Never got to play Sonic 1 as much as the rest of the other games.

You forgot Stardust Speedway, probabally the best sonic stage ever made (and quickly makes you forget Wacky Workbench, easily the worst stage in Sonic CD).

A little thing: Is it just me or do most of Sonic CD's levels (Present) are similar to Sonic 1's:

Palmtree Panic is similar to Green Hill (A GHZ styled level has been a regular feature in the series, though)
Collision Chaos is similar to Spring Yard
Tidal Tempest is similar to Labrynth
This one is more vague but Stardust Speedway is similar to a cross between Chemical Plant in Sonic 2 and Star Light
Metallic Madness is similar to Scrap Brain, especially in Zone 2

TheDarkArchon said:
A little thing: Is it just me or do most of Sonic CD's levels (Present) are similar to Sonic 1's:

Palmtree Panic is similar to Green Hill (A GHZ styled level has been a regular feature in the series, though)
Collision Chaos is similar to Spring Yard
Tidal Tempest is similar to Labrynth
This one is more vague but Stardust Speedway is similar to a cross between Chemical Plant in Sonic 2 and Star Light
Metallic Madness is similar to Scrap Brain, especially in Zone 2

Yeah... And do you know about the missing "R2"? I belive that it was probably a "Marble" type level(the anime clip of it in the ending video(after PP) shows that it looks "ruin" like).

Oddly...

PP = GHZ
"R2" = MZ
CC = SYZ
TT = LZ
SS = STZ
MM = SBZ

<_<

I really don't see how sonic cd is better than any other 2d sonic game(mainly genesis). Well, the special stage is kinda fun I guess. The time warp thing was a surprise, soundtrack was ok, the anime part was cool. But as for the gameplay, it was too much like sonic 1(wasn't sonic cd started before sonic 2?). There could have been new shields, like in sonic 3.

Stardust speedway wsa my only favorite part in the game besides the anime.

No, Brian. Sonic 1 -> Sonic 2 -> Sonic CD -> Sonic 3K, IIRC.

Oh. I thought he meant it came out before Sonic 2. Anyway, it feels more like Sonic 2 than Sonic 1, due to the spindash and peel-out. Plus, the special stages were pseudo-3D, and the physics engine worked a little better.

TheDarkArchon said:
Sonic CD was planned to be released before Sonic 2.

But they didn't in the end it was the other way round. I think Sonic 1 was my classic favourite of the 4 because of the gameplay. S3K is my second favourite

I, unfortunetly, never got the chance to savor the supposedly godly flavor of Sonic CD.

I have however, played Sonic 1-3+Knux.
So, Sonic 3 And Knuckles.

SRB2-Playah said:
I, unfortunetly, never got the chance to savor the supposedly godly flavor of Sonic CD.

I have however, played Sonic 1-3+Knux.
So, Sonic 3 And Knuckles.
I have 2 copies of sonic cd for pc for some reason.

FireLaserbeam said:
US soundtrack may not fit into the game as well as the JPN one does

In my opinion, it's the other way around. Most of the Future songs from the Japanese soundtrack suck. And those are the ones that are the most emotional, you know.

Sonic 2 was my first and favorite game in the old days,it's a shame they stopped and moved on to 3d games with the new sonic and ruind it. :x

You forgot the option: I don't like any 2D sonic game!

Those games were hell slow! Even mario bros was faster! I would swear a supersonic hedgehog can run faster then a fat italian plumber. Sonic has very slow accel, his jump is useless, and if you use superpeelout/spindash, you'll crash on a rock or hit a enemy half a second later! And if there isn't a rock, you'll have to jump because you'll fall in poison otherwise, and jumping slows you down!

PS: I do like Sonic Rush, however. Why didn't out that game in the poll?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back