V. Maximum Overdrive

V. Maximum Overdrive 1.2

Icezer

Local Ice Cube Frien. Robotic Hedgehog Enthusiast.
Icezer submitted a new resource:

V. Maximum Overdrive - 2.1 Metal Sonic called, he wanted his ability's spot back.

Returning from 2.1 with a hefty revamp, Metal has his V. Maximum Overdrive attack back!

By holding down custom 2, Metal Sonic can charge up Overdrive to blast off at high speeds and plow through hazards. Similarly to it's 2.1 counterpart, Overdrive has complete invincibility attached (minus insta-kills) and has halved charge time with super sneakers. Some of the new touches include:
- A brand new aura akin to that of Sonic CD made by SolarStellar
- More faithful sprites...​

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
1625346144051.png

Icezer updated V. Maximum Overdrive with a new update entry:

Day 0 Update

Sincere apologies, but if you've downloaded VMO I kindly request you to redownload. A major bug was found right after this was submitted, and the fix has just now been pushed.

Other than a Day 0 patch unfortunately being needed, Please enjoy!

Read the rest of this update entry...
Post automatically merged:

I am currently aware of several bugs in the current release that are breaking things pretty badly. Trying my hardest to fix them efficiently ASAP so please stay tuned!

Last edited:

Version 1.1

Hey all! I finally got around to fixing Overdrive, and gave it a pseudo revamp while I was at it. The changelog is as follows:

- The ability no longer uses spin. This means that Metal can spindash and enter dash mode again. It is now mapped to Custom 2 (and not Custom 1 so that it's still compatible with Ring Spark Field.)
- Charging now has a hitbox, and can be jumped out of so that it's not a hard commitment like it...

Version 1.2

Hey there, everyone. I finally got around to patching up Overdrive again, and this time it should hopefully be the last patch needed.

- Switched from PlayerThink to ThinkFrame, fixing a few issues (Namely 2D sections)
- Made it so death state is properly set and the overdrive aura is properly removed upon dying
- Metal can now damage players in competitive gametypes using overdrive (and he can no longer harm allies in chaos mode)
- Made it so overdrive properly resets from carrytypes and...

Is this ever going to be made compatible with Mystic Realm Community Edition? Loading these two together causes the jump boost to stop working on overdrive, making it pretty pointless to use most of the time.

Is this ever going to be made compatible with Mystic Realm Community Edition? Loading these two together causes the jump boost to stop working on overdrive, making it pretty pointless to use most of the time.
I was not aware there were compatibility issues with MR:CE... I could look into it at some point considering I may update this mod to have better support for models, too.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back