• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

[Update]*GraphicX8000v2.wad* (For SRB2 v2.0 only.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicX8000

Graphic & Sprite Modder.
Judge
No, no link to downloading the file, so don't ask.

Ok, you all may of heard about this file, but now I am converting it so it matches SRB2ME's palette, and I was wondering if I could get a few, you know...

2z9i6gz.png

Had to save it as a PNG, as most image hosting sites convert BMP to a JPG.

For the rings, the last four are in V1.09.4's palette, while the first four are in SRB2ME's palette.

The number fonts where slightly changed, by color.

That box thing is a border for the item box icons.

The Orange emerald was changed into Yellow, and it kinda had the right colors to fit in, and also the cyan one I think...

Not sure if SRB2ME has Emerald Hunt in it, so those would be placeholder sprites of the emerald being in broken shards, until further notice.

For most of the sprites, I left the old palette there, and put the new one under it, think of it this way...

v1.09.4
---------
SRB2ME

*NOTE* What I am guessing, most of the stuff that v1.09.4 has might of be trashed, such as the 25 Ring Box in SRB2ME, so therefor I had to get rid of most of the sprites.

*Update*
Wind Shield frames have been added, and if the Shields still have 8 frames, then those 4 frames will be repeated twice, to slow down the speed, also this was Green in the v1.09.4 version of this.

*Update 2*
Had to fix up the MAINCFG as some of the HUD items were switched around.

The Dark Cyan sprites are the finished ones, and have been added to the file.

-----

xduno2.png

The Token frames.

-----

So... discuss what I need to change and whatnot.

These sprites all look really good. But exactly what are the emerald shards for? I'm intrigued.

Those shards are for Emerald Hunt Mode, however I do not know if SRB2ME still has that mode...

The colored ones tell you how close you are to finding them.

Eggmanfan said:
you could probally upgarde the red rings

Those were changed, however I need to know the correct colors for them otherwise you will be throwing colored rings with green colors on them, so therefor they have been trashed.

Just a question, is the Wind Shield still being left in for SRB2ME? I know about the Force Shield. (I call it that, it is the Shield that takes 2 hits before disappearing, I think it was first shown in the 1.1 Match Beta.)

SonicX8000 said:
Just a question, is the Wind Shield still being left in for SRB2ME?

Yes, It should still be in Srb2ME, if not that news to me.

Edit: Yeah, here is info on the shield

Mystic said:
Whirlwind Shield - (White) This works like in 1.09.4, but you can also jump in midair even if you fall off the edge of the platform. No more of the issue where you jump onto a platform and fall off the far side to your death.

15phok1.png

The results of the converting.

6yd4rc.png

Note the small Emeralds in the lower left corner.

*Bugs*
There appears to be a issue when trying to load custom sprite replacements, such as the Rings, I currently have the sprites for them, but for some reason they remain as the default ones. (This basically happens with almost all the sprites.)

...Why not try loading it with the launcher? :P

Also, there's a CHANCE the sprites were re-named (dunno why they would be tho).

*Update* I figured out why the custom sprites weren't loading, I forgot to put S_START and S_END in the WAD file.

33equjt.png

35bfe3b.png

The Chain Link sprites have been given a shading.

2yydxmt.jpg

Rings now load correctly.

nn6uq0.png

The Token. (It changes color as it moves, Green, Yellow, Purple, Blue, Red, Cyan, and White/Grey.) *Better details on my first post.*

Wow, this is amazing. I prefer your chain. I think your chain should be added in the next SRB2ME version. Also, the match emeralds look kind of iffy to me. It looks like someone put some dirt in the middle.(I know its shading but still...)

I really like the new tokens, but the problem is that the SRB2 Special Stage Token comprises multiple sprites, so you can't change it with just one sprite replacement, like you can with most sprites.

fawfulfan said:
I really like the new tokens, but the problem is that the SRB2 Special Stage Token comprises multiple sprites, so you can't change it with just one sprite replacement, like you can with most sprites.

It has 7 frames, while the bubble only has 1. SRB2 has them set as separate sprites, but they show up together.

What I did is null out the bubble (You know how light blue makes it transparent?) and just have the 7 frames of the token in there.

However... the Shield sprites are only set as one, so therefor I have to leave them as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back