unique wad ideas

Do you like my ideas?

• I like cheese.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • pretty good, but not great.

• Your ideas are great!

• I've pulled better crap out of my ass!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ritz said:
You could have it move back and forth over a narrow walkway, showering the land with hazardous goodness. It would add a bit more challenge to some levels....

Ignor this post. :oops: Did I spell Ignor Right?

Ritz said:
You could have it move back and forth over a narrow walkway, showering the land with hazardous goodness. It would add a bit more challenge to some levels....

Ritz is right but to bad that you can do that. :cry:

Horizontal movement is technically impossible... It CAN be faked using a whole $|-|!-|-l()@(| of linedef execs, but that's a load of work, for one FOF...

Cy-Chan said:
Horizontal movement is technically impossible... It CAN be faked using a whole $|-|!-|-l()@(| of linedef execs, but that's a load of work, for one FOF...

Why can't it be done? I mean, they've already made vertically moving platforms... It just seems so simple...

It's because of the way the wad format works, I beleive. When moving vertically, the platform you are on is still in the same sector. The only way a horizontal moving platform could work is if sectors could change position, which they cannot.

Plus, I don't think putting them into a wad would be a simple task either, how would you tell it how far and fast to go?

Although the sector platforms are impossible, the use of a thing with plain old textures would work. Things can be stood on and can move out of the sector. It would take a long time to make every one, though, if you needed one for each type of texture.

I just got another idea! how about a glass box that sonic can run inside of, and can be pushed from the inside? It could deflect lasers and prevent crushers from... well, crushing. Or something a little more possible; protection from a horde of jetty-syns? the opening of the box should be small enough that you would have to roll under it to get inside though, to keep enemies out. Or you could put a turret on top, creating a mobile DEATH MACHINE!! ...If you could even get near the thing. It be a nice gimmick for multiplayer games. :mrgreen:

Instead of it being a box that you can roll under, it could be a powerup monitor ;P

Shaflugi said:
Instead of it being a box that you can roll under, it could be a powerup monitor ;P

But it'd be more convenient, since it's possible to make a box and put a turret on top. Even if it isn't possible to make it pushable, it would still give you an advantage, and could be protected from the opposing force. You would have to do some programming to turn that into a monitor, and everyone here is to lazy to do something like that.

Wait... you were being sarcastic, wern't you? :?

Anyway, why not turn this idea into something bigger, like a CTF level? what I had in mind was, a pair of large battle ships (equiped with turrets and other traps) suspended over a bottomless pit, with a wide gap between them? Players would have to sneak into each others ship to steal the flag. Both ships would contain a deck (with a large glass window to monitor the action), a bridge (y'now, the place on top of the ship), a hanger (presumably where the entrance to the ship would be located), an armory, a cargo bay (which should be full of crates),and various other areas. for added flavor, there should be rails on top, for sniping players trying to sneak in, and plenty of hiding spots on the inside. The bottomless gap should be crossed via a multitude of floating platforms. And players would have to cooperate. i.e, some stay back to guard the ship, some stay on the top to snipe, and the others would try to sneak in. And to prevent people from guarding the entrance so no one can get in, there should be several secret entrances, like a hole under the ship that leads to the cargo bay that only Tails can get to. (The hole should be under a crate, with a switch that temporarily opens a door to the outside. as a bonus, the crate could be filled with powerups) or a hole in the side of the ship that knuckles can climb into, or a secret hole that leads into a vent, where the player can drop down from the ceiling of the deck.

Also, I was wondering... Is it possible to make textures for conveyor belts?

hotdog003 said:
:roll:
Yes, true, you CAN make a box and put a turret on top, bot, again, sector movement isn't possible.

Then how come gargoyles can be pushed? Eh?!

Gargoyles are not sectors, they are objects. Sectors are what make up the floor, walls, and moving platforms. Gargoyles are objects, like rings, enemies, and powerups.

Sideways sector movement isn't currently possible. Although. It IS possible to make an item which is a turret on a box. You'd just need a load of knowlege to make the Turret work the way you want it.

Ultrasonic05 said:
Man..I wish I could take the poll again. I really liked the, "I've pulled better crap out of my ass" choice.

Oh, can you really "pull better crap out oy your ass" :| ?[/u]

I remember a441's level editing guide said that round objects can only be faked. does that mean that rings and springs aren't completely round?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back