unique wad ideas

Do you like my ideas?

• I like cheese.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • pretty good, but not great.

• Your ideas are great!

• I've pulled better crap out of my ass!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have plenty of ideas for level wads, but I no nothing about making them, so I'll post them here in hopes that they'll ignite a spark of intrest in the mind of some optimistic wadder. Here goes...

My most recent idea for a wad would be a wad that takes place in a large canyon submerged in fire (don't leave! it gets more interesting!) which converges with a large glacier, with plenty of interesting bits in between. (grass, water, ect.) think about it! an enigmatic wonderland, where it's commonplace to see bridges of slippery ice suspended above pools of molten rock, where nothing is as it should be, like eggs laying chikens, bears mating with giraffes, and women who actually play video games! *shot* well, you get the picture.

how about a level pack where all the levels are based of the special stages? (they'd be normal levels, of course)

or how about some more creative level design aspects, like pools of water suspended above the ground. a flying ocean of sorts. It be easier than ramps and loops, anyway.

Y'now that moving wall from TH3? would it be possible to create a texture of a sky that moves like that wall? It'd add more depth to levels that take place on aircrafts.

does anyone remember a platformer called croc, for the playstation and saturn? would it be possible to rip the backgrounds from that game and use them in SRB2?

I have more ideas, but unfortunatley, I can't remember them at the moment. I'll post more ideas as they come to me. fell free to post any ideas for unique wads here. and feel free to use my ideas, if you like. Just remeber to give credit.

Yo, Cool Funky ideas :D , but you can't make animals in srb2 (maybe) :P .
I also have a couple ideas for you, but i'm not a map maker, i made one,
but it's so small, i made a floating water in the air using negative units and something else i don't know lol, but i don't have it :( .
Here are the ideas:

1- You can make The Great Wall from China, veeeeeeeeeeeeeery long ;D.

2- You can make a carnival zone,

3- A BIG castle,

4- Ans a Maze that you can get lost :twisted: .

That's all i could think of ;P

You guys do realize that it's more than possible to create these ideas yourself. Doom wadding is exceedingly easy and does not require a large amount of skill to do.

Well yeah, some of those aren't possible, but a lot of them are. They would discover which was which if they learned how to WAD.

You could pull off a scrolling sky depending on how the level is set up....

Use Wadauthor. DoomBuilder's only good function is 3d mode. Sure, that is opinion, but... Wadauthor is just so much more basic... and not only does a441 have a guide, I'm currently writing one... (OMG YAY TEH CONVEYORS ARE TEH WRITTETENN...)...

DB is also good for placing things. Because of the way it is, you can place a lot of stuff quickly, without trouble. I should also point out that it's easier to zoom in and out than Wadauthor, if you have a mouse-wheel.

In doom builder, if you drag a vertex to a linedef, it will automatically attach them instead of just laying it on top of it or requiring you to split the linedef a couple thousand times.

My idea is to have a real, working city. With power plants, stores that you can actually enter, suburbs (sp?) to the side of it, a subway, apartments, etc. I have no idea how to work Doombuilder, or even add srb2 to it, so you can actually select to make wads specifically for it srb2 :(

while glancing at pictures of sinkiller's new texture hack, I've thought of a few ideas myself. one of them takes place in and around a large arcade cabinet (putting his 25 cents texture to good use). but instead of just having the inside of it decorated with metal and wires, you would be able to actually run around in the game itself. i.e, the construction site from Donkey Kong. and as a bonus, the screen would be made of glass, so people can actually watch other players from the outside, as if you were watching the game being played (only without the fat guy blocking your veiw). I also suck at level editing, so go ahead and steal my idea. Oh, and mystic, you can say it's easy, but I tried it, and building a rocket would be much easier. Go figure.

I can make it up to section 15 of the guide, but then the thok barrier handed me 31 different flavors of ass. :?

If that's the one I think it is, don't bother. If you honestly need to make a thok barrier after your level is done, then you've screwed up. It is good to have practice with joining and splitting linedefs, but it isn't nescessary. Just remember to always make a big square at the start, and you'll be fine. You can even expand it is need be.

The tutorial does the thok barrier last to help explain the principles of what the thok barrier does.

Making thok barriers on a already-complete level is easy... Make a new level. Copy your old one. Make a thok barrier in the new one. Paste the level into the thok barrier...

Thok barriers are also easy to make. Just set the heights of the bottom and top to the same. Eg: 4096 and 4096. 500 and 500. And F_SKY1 as the top texture.

will it be possible to make platforms that move horizontally in the next version? and if you can, would you be able to put a waterfall of lava or sludge on it? you could have it move back and forth over a narrow walkway, showering the land with hazardous goodness. It would add a bit more challenge to some levels. and about the new checkered water texture that sinkiller is making... I think it would suit the special stages more than just the plain, ordinary water your using now (fitting into the abstract feel of the levels). of course, the color of the water could change, depending on the level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back