Tortured Planet v9 (scmrtf_TorturedPlanet-v9.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it really even matter in this pack? You really can't make a logical transition from an atoll to a place of lava, or some logical way to some mechanical, snowy mountain. It's not worth the effort and really can't be done cleanly.
My point exactly. I'm just going to go ahead and focus on improving the stuff I've already got.

Ok, ok. I'll try. I'm can edit a bit, but no level since. I need to practice for a while. Fawfulfan, when do you think that next version is going to be released and what version will it be?

He's currently busy, since he's preparing to go to the college, probably the next big update version will take more than 3 or 4 months to be released.

He's currently busy, since he's preparing to go to the college, probably the next big update version will take more than 3 or 4 months to be released.
Where the heck did you get that number from? Did you just pull it out of thin air?

I plan to release v8.0 just before I head off. But it won't be anywhere near as complete as I would have wanted it to be. Definitely you'll see improvements to the first four zones, possibly the fifth, a minor tweak to the sixth. Beyond that I can't guarantee there'll be anything new in v8.0. I hope that I can make up the difference in v9.0, but that might actually take months.

And Kim, what do you mean you are working on "Team Doom in Tortured Planet"?

Last edited:
Tortured Planet by inverse. While Sonic, Tails and Knux were in vacation on Susnshine Atoll, the Team Doom was in vacation in Eeturia(the Tortured Planet, you know), when a giant spaceship fell from the sky(the Egg Rock fell there). Then and there begins Shooting Star Zone, and the shooting star is the spaceship(obviously). I wanna do this way:
Star Showdown(SS) - Shooting Star(SS)
Alien Armaggedon(AA) - Abroad Ambush(AA)
And then it goes. Still in progress.

Tortured Planet by inverse. While Sonic, Tails and Knux were in vacation on Susnshine Atoll, the Team Doom was in vacation in Eeturia(the Tortured Planet, you know), when a giant spaceship fell from the sky(the Egg Rock fell there). Then and there begins Shooting Star Zone, and the shooting star is the spaceship(obviously). I wanna do this way:
Star Showdown(SS) - Shooting Star(SS)
Alien Armaggedon(AA) - Abroad Ambush(AA)
And then it goes. Still in progress.

...You're making an addon.
Based on an addon.
But with shitty fancharacters and going in reverse level order, more or less.

...I can't even BEGIN to start saying how bad of an idea this is. Not one bit.

Shitty. Thanx. Those shitty guys are not more than my cousins and friends. Thank you.
And only a few stages will be the same. Like Spacewalk, but only if FFF let me do it.

Shitty. Thanx. Those shitty guys are not more than my cousins and friends. Thank you.

Given your personal character design, I can't see these other fancharacters being any better, family or not; even if it was your handicaped cousin Barney, I'd still call the green fox with the Rayban sunglasses who's supposed to represent him stupid. And come on, an ADDON BASED ON TORTURED PLANET? Who would actually think this was a good idea? That's a stupider idea than that Sims movie. You might as well make it your own original plot since all you're doing is going from one planet to another.

Last edited:
Did you see them yet? Did you at least see how they are and what they do? And I was thinking on it for a long time. And when in beta, i'll show it to FFF, and see if he likes it. I dunno about opinions.

I'm willing to see how this plays out, but I have to agree with D00D64 that it sounds like a really bad idea. You'd be better off making an original mod. Unless it really brings something novel and fun to the table, I'm afraid I'm going to have to veto it for public use, for fear of besmirching the reputation of the original.

And no, I'm afraid I can't let you add in any copies of my levels. For one thing, why would you even THINK of putting a copy of Spacewalk Zone in your mod? Of all the zones you could ask to borrow from me, why would you choose the most boring of them?

And in terms of plot, I can't even see how Tortured Planet in reverse would make sense anyway. That would mean that you begin the quest on the climactic final battle and end it on an idyllic tropical paradise back on Mobius, which is only beginning to experience the effects of Eggman's invasion. How would that work?

Ok, I'll throw it away. Over. Trash. Rubbish. No more of it. And I wasn't planning battles with Eggman, but with my twin evil brother, Jim the Fox. But it's already thrown away.

Well, I certainly hope you haven't given up on designing levels, at least. I'd like to see you try to develop at least one or two standalone stages, preferably more. We need more level designers here; most new members waste their time on horrendous character WADs and give up a tenth of the way through.

Again, I recommend levels over characters. Good, original characters are so much harder to make. Don't throw out your character, but I'd suggest you put it on hold until you have more experience in other matters.

Attention, everyone. I am putting out a call for help. The latest version of Tortured Planet has broken the PolyObject mine cart in FSZ2, and I can't figure out what the problem is, much less how to solve it. I'm at the end of my tether on this. Can somebody please try to tinker with it and, if you fix it, send me the corrected copy? I wouldn't normally ask for this kind of thing, but I'm utterly desperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back