• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

The Walls of the Void (Map Pack)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Double post. I think its time to say I will be recruiting members to assist me in making this map pack. I am looking for a mapper, and a soc'er (not the sport) to help assist me in these two categories.

Also, I have removed the level "The Alamo", and instead will replace it with two areas from the game Diablo II. These areas will have Sonic wandering a adventure/maze-like map, searching for the crack in time, while also assisting a hero and an old man who are searching for the portal to Hell. Later in the story it explains the relation of this game to that of the game "Portal".

Here is a little spoiler for the final boss:

If anyone reading this had ever played Shadow the Hedgehog, you must know the fight with Diablon, and how along with Diablon Sonic was fighting you. A similar idea is used for the walls of the void last boss:

Neo Metal Sonic will be assisting the final boss.

That looks very interesting, now im curious on how much progress you have on the mod.

Well it varies when discussing about the different levels. I don't actually work on the mod in order, I sorta go up and down and all around, hopping from level to level.

Well overall, how much progress have you made on it?

Well thats sorta the problem, I can't really say the overall precentage because there is no limit for the mod in terms of togethernessness. But I can say that most of the listed levels have a good amount of progress on them.

(Also, side note here, I was searching my srb2 folder earlier today and found that Egg Fleet map, so the question is, should I release Egg Fleet as a separate wad, or as another level in Walls of the Void?)

Perhaps you can release it as it's own wad

Alright, that will be released sometime next week when I have better access to internet.

also, update on many things, but the one I want to truly announce is the update on the Diablo 2 map.

Important note here: I noticed how this map pack is pretty hectic with all these different kinds of gameplay, items, and enemies are thrown at you, so I will make a mini tutorial stage for players to understand the gimmicks better.

Edit: yes, the tutorial stage will be released earlier than the map pack itself.

I am done with the first tutorial map, (was quite quick, and it looks pretty good). This specific tutorial map will show the player:

propulsion gel
propulsion gel with slope
repulsion gel
portal button to open portal door
a mini maze from the pokemon mystery dungeon series (to make it simpler, I made the outer walls of the maze a different texture from the inner walls [remember, these mazes cannot be solved by following the right or left walls, these mazes go up and down and all around])

However, due to me being in an area where uploading the file is quite difficult, I will release the tutorial map when I have available means of doing so.

Update: Started working on the Pallet town - Victory Road map:

Also some work on Mushroom Hill was done.

If you are using those trees, might I suggest removing the shadow that is under the tree? Also will there be a demo soon?

If you are using those trees, might I suggest removing the shadow that is under the tree? Also will there be a demo soon?

I am using those trees, but since it's updates it looks better and not as odd as it does there.

Also, there won't be a demo, however there will be tutorial maps that I have finished already, I just can't upload the files properly from where I am right now, and will upload them as soon as possible.

I am using those trees, but since it's updates it looks better and not as odd as it does there.

Also, there won't be a demo, however there will be tutorial maps that I have finished already, I just can't upload the files properly from where I am right now, and will upload them as soon as possible.

What about the Sonic MD2 I keep seeing here and in your avatar? Is that going to be released?

What about the Sonic MD2 I keep seeing here and in your avatar? Is that going to be released?

This entire mod will have md2 models for each item used in the game, (including enemies such as Daleks, or Pokemon), and will be released as an extra download along with the actual map pack.

I even got the final boss super sonic md2 properly working ;), so no random jumping and seeing a blue sonic.

I even got the final boss super sonic md2 properly working ;), so no random jumping and seeing a blue sonic.

I'm guessing you're going to do what the Wizard model once did back in 1.09.4 where there was a wad made that had every single frame as the texture, and every single ability frame as a yellow version of the texture? Either that, or perhaps using a yellow version of the sonic MD2 on another character which becomes super through something like the match super form?

I'm guessing you're going to do what the Wizard model once did back in 1.09.4 where there was a wad made that had every single frame as the texture, and every single ability frame as a yellow version of the texture? Either that, or perhaps using a yellow version of the sonic MD2 on another character which becomes super through something like the match super form?

Nope. A simple soc for the level :p. If you view the picture from the spoiler (warning, it is a spoiler), you can see on the bottom it has the super sonic icon to show that it is indeed sonic.

Here is a little spoiler for the final boss:

If anyone reading this had ever played Shadow the Hedgehog, you must know the fight with Diablon, and how along with Diablon Sonic was fighting you. A similar idea is used for the walls of the void last boss:

Neo Metal Sonic will be assisting the final boss.

i remember this level! is in sra2!>:<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back