• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

The Ramp Project *update as of 7/5/06*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do know how software mode works! It uses the sprites in their pixelated unrendered with opengl form! also MD2's don't work with it because OPENGL enables NON-sprites and draws the sprites upside down then the sprites are renderred. models don't work properly, because the model support doesn't work when slopes are turned on, and I belive that is caused by the model being transferred into FRAME11 FRAME24 ECT. as well as the slopes adding to the mischeif, and thhe MD2 models not being WELL supported by the GAME anymore, I had worked on slopes A LONG time ago, BEFORE I was in the forum,but they appeared so strangely they barely even worked! I would belive that the slopes would take a long time, TO BE 'WORKING' also, all of the sprites, are in the color green when they start, but due to color variables, the color of the character in transferred from green to whatever colors you wantted on the wad, the OPENGL thing, improves the quality of the graphics and sprites, blurring out MOST if not all of the pixels. Without opengl the graphics look horrible,OPENGL also enables chosen features such as MD2 models and better rain/snow and storm graphics, OPENGL'S renderring skills may be primative, but they have a good amount of potential. OPENGL2 would bipass all standards, and require alot of proggramming, also It would sow it down for us with weaker technology and RAM and such on our COmps. I would say complete slopes won't happen until someone helps antiporcupine more, OR THE WHOLE MESSAGE BOARD HELPS! please continue, as I end, If any of you like when I'm some sort of a smarty pants that has only SOME data, please edit this.

That, I have to say, wins the most annoying string of complete drivel ever. Do you even know what any of those computer "jargon" words mean, nega?

Seriously... :?

Yes I do. spagetti code, computer Crash ect. This wins for the worst line of code of a computers drive errors. I use that a bit :)

Well, I can't wait until you figure out some way to render slopes in software. You might have to resort to figuring up the very physics of the view and writing an entire rendering code! Good luck with that.

Anyway, I'm going to figure out a formula. And when I get home, I'm going to write a program to determine the angle needed for calculating slopes.

nega-sonic said:
Yes I do. spagetti code, computer Crash ect. the worst line of data of a computers disk drive errors. I use that a bit :)

Spagetti code is computer jargon? I know computer crash isn't...

that is JARGON computer slang :) I have mixed up a bit o.o, I also had part of it right too...

It's only been 2 days since the last post in this topic, and Antiporcupine said he doesn't have time to work on it right now (or something along those lines, I'm not going to go find his last post and copy it word-for-word).

I know. -_- I just wanted to get this topic back up before we never find it. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back