The Pony Thread (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think of the background characters with names.

The fandom has named pretty much everypony except Trixie, Gilda, the mane cast, and the Crusaders.

...and the creators go with it!

To be honest, I hate the name DJ-PON3 or however you decide to spell it.

I can accept it in the context of that ad, though, considering it's not that bad of a stage name.

I'm still working my way through these. I finished Episode 19 today. The beginning was awesome, especially all the LotR references, but as it progressed, it got kind of cheesy. I mean, wasn't the whole "crying to defeat your enemies" thing what Lauren Faust was so against in the first place?

Um... it's not like that pun hasn't been circulating the Internets since the show first came out or anything, y'know.

Oh, well excuse me. I guess it can't be helped that I have better things to do than to hang around Ponychan just to make sure I don't compliment an old joke. And actually, I figured it was probably just a convenient typo.

I'm still working my way through these. I finished Episode 19 today. The beginning was awesome, especially all the LotR references, but as it progressed, it got kind of cheesy. I mean, wasn't the whole "crying to defeat your enemies" thing what Lauren Faust was so against in the first place?

In this case, it was more "Get on your enemies' nerves" as Rarity was fake wining.

In this case, it was more "Get on your enemies' nerves" as Rarity was fake wining.

Yeah, I guess that's true. I was kind of hoping for an epic rescue though, the way they pulled it off was kind of an unrealistic situation. :D
*whining

Why would I want to watch a show about ponies?

EDIT: Meh, I just checked out 1 Episode, I wont rate this by Age but with how good it is, The storyline is good I guess, The drawings are kinda nice, and so are the voices, but I must say this really isn't my type

You should check out Episode 5 or 17 if you want to see some of the best ones. For that matter, 19 was pretty epic too. I don't find all the episodes to be great, but there's almost always some redeeming value in them, whether it's humor or story wise.

I gave in and watched a few episodes of this show. Then I started watching some more. Next thing I know I'm at Episode 15.

Why is this show so damn good?

I kind of fall into the "Rainbow Dash" rate on the scale. I just don't see why we (men) like it so much.

Well, there's a number of reasons I like it.

#1: The characters are lovable, and not ridiculously cliche. And any that are cliche, like Pinkie Pie, are so intentionally off the deep end that it's just funny.

#2: The stories are filled with good, clean humor.

#3: The messages are overall very good, and sometimes the very things that need to be taught to the average kid nowadays. Sometimes I'm impressed by the forcefulness of some of them.

#4: The characters are very realistic for the most part, and remind me of people I know and love in real life.

#5: The stories are usually fairly original, and well written.

#6: Art wise, the show is well animated, and very appealing to the eye. Yes, even with all those pinks and purples.

I'm not one to jump on bandwagons very often, so it's surprising that I liked it so readily. To tell the truth, it's one of the only shows I've EVER liked. I hate modern TV.

To be honest, that's probably the weakest episode in the show, for all the reasons stated, as well as the fact that there was simply not that much happening. It's the only episode I've never watched twice.

Meh, it's definitely not my favorite, but I personally would rank it above ones like Griffon the Brush Off.

Oh, I watched Episodes 20 and 21. Both were pretty good. I loved the cliche, "sing a song to make everyone get along" moment, and how that turned out, in episode 21.

Episode 20 inspired me to make this:

mhcynl.png

That's about the most art I ever do. :p

Last edited:
Meh, it's definitely not my favorite, but I personally would rank it above ones like Griffon the Brush Off.

I rather liked Griffon the Brush Off... its a very worn story idea, but the way they handled the ending really was a welcome surprise. Besides, it has Pinkie le Pie and the pranks, those are a joy to watch.

Of course, I'm sure that depending on your taste, we probably have very different ideas of which episodes are the better ones and which aren't.

The sweet thing about that is how it syncs up with a lot of the events in the video. :p

EDIT: Oh, and thank you Trent, for introducing the manliest, most American song in the world to me.

Last edited:
Are you implying that My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic isn't already the manliest show on cable? Dude, you've got some guts.

You'd have to be silly to think that this show was anything less than the manliest show on cable. There's no way that this could be a show for kids or something. It's perfectly clear that 18-35 males are the target demographic.

7589-mouseowls_well_that_ends_well.jpg

Manly show, for manly men.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back