The Pony Thread (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully it's not like when Stephen Hillenburg left Spongebob, and the show just goes straight to hell from there. Although if she's still on the team, I'm sure she'll prevent it from becoming anything real bad.

#SRB2pony said:
<Whackjood> I suppose it'll be a bit like when Mo Williems stopped working on KND and it was just Warburton as chief director.
<Whackjood> One of the top folks left, but the quality of the show remained because the same arists and writers stayed on.
Anything we say about how Lauren Faust departing at this point is pure speculation, as we know so little about what will be in Season 2. However, the writers, arists, musicians and so on have done such a great job with the first series I expect the new director will be fine, even if the new director only follows the framework set out by Lauren Faust instead of taking risks in the same way she did.

http://kreoss.deviantart.com/journal/40422730/ This is also very relevant.

Last edited:
Oh dear, it seems My Little Pony has infected my avatar...
CONFOUND YOU PONIES, YOU DRIVE ME TO INSANITY!

Anyways, I can't wait for season 2. While I am waiting, I'll be drawing MLP stuff. :P

I'm honestly curious of what the creators think of the main public this is getting, perhaps they are just like the CoD makers, it's meant to be for adults, still, it's mainstream market is kids, well, guess that's publicity in the end.

I'm honestly curious of what the creators think of the main public this is getting. Perhaps they are just like the CoD makers, it's meant to be for adults, still, it's mainstream market is kids, well, guess that's publicity in the end.

They interacted with the fans on 4chan and Lauren's Deviant Art page and are aware of the older demography of viewers. Surprised with a demo graph of an older audience over younger? Can't blame them, but they are nevertheless impressed and actually enjoy their fans.

Also...

quote from Lauren Faust said:
I didn't create this show for little girls, I created it for little girls and their parents--including male parents. It only stands to reason that adult animation fans without children may like it, too.

The belief that boys shouldn't be interested in girl things is the main reason there's hardly anything decent for girls in animation--- or almost any media, for that matter. It's a backwards, sexist, outdated attitude.

I'm still laughing at the fact that this show is causing so much trivial drama about it's audience and its responses like "It's a show made for brain damaged people and anyone who watches it is brain damaged" or referring to others as "manchildren". But yet it makes you wonder who's the manchild here when they act like this >_>

But yet it makes you wonder who's the manchild here when they act like this >_>
True, true. Some people can be so immature. It's just that, if you get through the franchise the show is based after, it can actually get to be a good show, by what I've heard.

Last edited:
True, true. Some people can be so immature. It's just that, if you get through the bright colors, it can actually get to be a good show, by what I've heard.
Bright colours are a problem? Silly filly, that's like criticising 'UP' for using a colourful palette!

The stereotypical 'girly show' might be more of a problem though, there's certainly an awkward presumption most first time viewers have to get around because of that. There's an assumption (justified because it happens more often than not) that a show aimed young girls will be half-arsed and a bit rubbish, the older series' of My Little Pony took this to an extreme no less. That's a much bigger problem than bright colours ;)

Anyway, the wait for season 2 begins. One of the biggest factors in this shows success seems to have been that nobody expected it to be such a fantastic show. But now that the bar of expectation has been set quite high, will season 2 live up to those demands?
In before 'Pony Cycle' as every series fails to meet high expectations.

There's an assumption (justified because it happens more often than not) that a show aimed young girls will be half-arsed and a bit rubbish, the older series' of My Little Pony took this to an extreme no less.

Looking into the older series a bit, I noticed an old movie of MLP involving some giant using a dark rainbow making every pony freaking evil and spreading chaos. This showing that the original My little pony actually had balls of steel... well maybe not steel, but they did do something different.

So I checked out the pilot on youtube last night, have to say I really like the characterization. They are genuinely cute and funny, and since I have a rather large family--all younger than me--I'm used to watching shows which have a younger target demographic. Its a treat to find one that's actually handled well though. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Spike seems to be the only guy in the show, from what I've seen. Makes sense, seeing as it's MLP, but you'd think there'd be variation.

Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

The only male main character yes, but there are many minor characters that are male, like some of the Wonder Bolts and background characters.

Mr. Cake
Big Macintosh
The Prince

Those are the only 3 with names that I can think of currently, but I'm only on episode 11.

Mr. Cake, Big Macintosh, Snips, Snails, Hoity-Toity, the Diamond Dogs, Braeburn, Chief Hooves, Uncle Orange, Soarin', Prince Blueblood... and those are just the named ones. There are also a few of the pet animals, like Angel the bunny, Gummy the alligator, Owlowiscious the owl (who'd have guessed)...

However, they're all minor characters; the only major male character is Spike, yes. Honestly, Rainbow Dash is tomboyish enough that she almost qualifies, but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZhUi1jpRis&

So, new official content from the guys at the Hub, a Pony parody of Katy Perry's song 'California Girls'. Suppose they aren't going to forget about the constantly active fanbase during the gap between seasons.

If you lurk #srb2fun or #srb2pony you've probably heard the 30 second version of this, but a longer version has just been released and what with it being official content I figured it was worth posting here.

Oh, it also addresses the brony fanbase directly and takes a nice nod towards the fan names provided by the fanbase for the background characters with "DJ PON-3"

Haven't been here since January or February. Comes back and the show did hit this community too. Not really surprised though.

But I am surprised that they mentions bronies and DJ PON-3. This fandom is epic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back