The Pony Thread (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh god the new episode was fantastic

These villains and their associated musical number was one of the best things I have seen and heard for quite a while. Freaking Barbershop Duo villains travelling the world in a magitech locomotive and driving people out of business with their amazing charisma and technology? YES

Also, this.

120383%20-%20Apple_family%20meta.jpg

Last weeks episode was 'kinda' cool. At first I was nervous because the episode name was called, "The Last Roundup". Why I was nervous? Well, I watch my favorite TV shows and the show comes on. It shows the intro ya-ya-ya, and it cuts to the episode name. If it has the words, "The last" in it, it sorta indicating that it's the last episode or something. But I did not pay attention because I was younger. After that episode, it's never to be seen again. So back to the topic, I was looking at the episode info on the DVR. After I read it I said, "It can't be the last episode, if it was it would say something else that would sound like a final episode. After I watched it, it occurred to me that the episode name was like that because there weren't going to be anymore episode after that (like a sudden cancellation (for example: Sonic Underground)). So I waited another week and today at 10 AM, my DVR was recording something. I was relived. But now what I don't like about the show is that everybody else is reporting to Celestia and not Twilight. Didn't Twilight needed to learn friendship more than the other characters?

But now what I don't like about the show is that everybody else is reporting to Celestia and not Twilight. Didn't Twilight needed to learn friendship more than the other characters?

...have you actually watched Lesson Zero yet, larztard? Watch that, and everything will make sense.

Because it's very much needed.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/01/hewlett-packard-fim-laptops.html#more

What is it? Why, talk of a new line of laptops by Hewlett-Packard! But what's so special about it?

sparkle_by_hp_by_hewlettpackard-d4nufzm.jpg

That is what's so special about it.

Note that this is just a render, not the final product.

As a read-off from their 1/27 new update...
HP is proud to announce that Hasbro/Hewlett-Packard operations are now in full swing, there's no going back now! The famous little ponies that you all love have been approved for distribution and will appear on HP brand merchandise in the very near future.

"My Little HP" as their new line is referred to, is a set of affordable laptops aimed towards kids. However, it seems HP has caught onto the major craze that FiM's gotten to the older populations. They even check around on Equestria Daily sometimes.

Here's some specs for you all with the need to know.
Body:

- Pink HP Logo
- Polished standard aluminum-plastic finish (purple)
- "Star Cutie Mark" located on the lid, etched on with scratch resistance material.
- Smudge resistant finish and palm rests.
- Smudge resistant body.
- Characters do appear on the front of the laptop (not the color as the lid and underside)
- Standard 101-103 key keyboard (non-backlit)
- 15in Trubright LED Hi-Def display
- Color Tint (purple) can be selected during customization
- 2 USB 2.0 Ports, 1 USB 3.0 Port
- 1HDMI, 1VGA, and 1 Printer Port
- 3 3.5mm Jacks located at the front of the laptop

That's about it for the outside. So, what about the inside? (Tech savvies only!)

- Basic 2GB of DDR3-RAM (Upgradeable to4GB)
- Basic 320GB Hard Drive (Upgradeable to 500GB)
- DVD Player with HP Lightscribe Technologies (Upgradeable to Blu-Ray player WITHOUT Lightscribe Technologies)
- Integrated SRS/IDT Hi-Definition Sound
- HP Protectsmart Hardware Drop and Bang Protection (standard)
- Intel® Core™ I3 Processor (2nd Generation)
- Standard 3.5 Hour Battery

Base Price: (Standard, no upgrades) $150

Affordable, fairly powerful for a laptop, has ponies. I'm sold, how about you?
It's dead, Jim. Don't bother checking this one out.

Last edited:
Seriously I knew it was fake all along. I was like one of the first comments to say so. It's so obviously poorly shopped (the cutie mark doesn't even have the same plastic texture as the laptop) that I'm surprised people even fell for that complete and utter bullshit.

Can't wait. Also that pony seems to remind me too much of Rainbow Dash, but then again all the comments basically said that there.

At the same Walmart yet again for more supplies and such... blah blah blah.
0129121518a.jpg

If you can't see what it says... "Pinkie Pie learns to walk". What?

0129121518c.jpg

Get yer recolored Twilight, Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Rainbow Dash today! Well... at least what's shown on the cardboard anyway... *In the lower right you can see a tiny glimpse although hard to see Rainbow Dash recolor... yea, I should of took another photo or at least put it in view and then take a snapshot. Has there been a recolored Fluttershy and Applejack yet?*

Y'know... I really need to post something else in here besides posting this stuff I find in stores... perhaps after seeing the next episode I might... it depends...

Last edited:
DAT EPISODE.

I quite enjoyed it. I can relate to the ideals, too; I've hidden things I do before that really aren't that big of a deal.

Actually, was that whole thing a jab at the brony fanbase? The way she hides it, combined with her level of addiction, seems oddly familiar...

It's been awhile since I participated in this thread, so I figured I would share something MLP related. Well for those who know hotdiggedydemon and his animations, he has work on some parody episodes of the ponies. Lots of them are. . .more or less based on fan spoofs or some of his interpretations of the characters.

I'd say a popular one I enjoyed was APPLE.MOV with Applejack's obsession with well. . .apples and eating them. Let's just say the description cannot justify what you will be seeing (Viewer discretion is advised and mature content BTW)

Oh and fair warning, some of his MLP parodies may not be for weak stomachs (Or can't take a joke). . .SHED.MOV is proof of this.

Last edited:
Shed.mov is actually getting people to avoid his works now. the last two videos made it to Equestria Daily, but this one probably won't.

I equate it to Cupcakes (fanfic) meets Happy Tree Friends

Shed.mov is actually getting people to avoid his works now. the last two videos made it to Equestria Daily, but this one probably won't.

I equate it to Cupcakes (fanfic) meets Happy Tree Friends

Got to agree on that comparison. Also from most of the comments I've seen, it just looks like people are getting sensitive over the third parody for the reason that hotdiggedydemon is portraying Fluttershy as a maniac and killed Rainbow Dash (who has been the most common victim in most fan fictions anyway.)

If not those complaints, then it was the predictability of what would happen (Even those it was made intentionally considering the amount of times Fluttershy said it). Other than that, people liked it.

Equestria on the other hand will probably skip it. I wouldn't blame them XD

8b0c81f96a553d48d62656d16aa5229e.jpg

Last edited:
I found it genuinely upsetting but for none of those reasons. I love the first two, but this was just TOO over the top.

Why does everyone make Rainbow Dash die in the fanfics? What's wrong with these psychos making these bloody and gory fanfics about a little girls show anyway?

I found it genuinely upsetting but for none of those reasons. I love the first two, but this was just TOO over the top.

This is pretty much what he does in his work, whether it being trial or error, he likes to exaggerate it and characters he parodies. So what he did in SHED.MOV was in fact intentional. Not ever for humor, but just his ideas.

He made that very specific.

P.S. I'm actually glad I got to listen to his radio chat this evening. Hardly the assumed jerk that people claim him to be.

Why does everyone make Rainbow Dash die in the fanfics? What's wrong with these psychos making these bloody and gory fanfics about a little girls show anyway?

Everyone likes a little grimdark every now and then, especially if they want to twist around a child cartoon (which can be rather creative mind you). Well not everyone will approve but you get the idea. Like not everyone wants a "Happy Ending".

As for the whole "Killing Rainbow Dash" in fanfics. I don't know the answer to that. . .I guess she's just that much of an easy target?

((Anyway, back on the pony topic))

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back