The Exiled Island

The Exiled Island v0.9 (+v1.0 indev A3)

ExenP3570

Sucks At Level Design™
ExenP3570 submitted a new resource:

The Exiled Island - Welcome to the badnik zoo.

This is update v0.1.1. This is NOT the original link to v0.1. It is not public yet because apparently someone (presumably one of the guys that review this) came in changed the name to "Badnick Zoo" & changed the music to EGZ2, leaving the post on waiting mode. (As if they can't talk to me. Also they spelled badnik wrong.)

Alright, now that you are done listening to my rant, what does this update change? Well, it changed two things:
-Lesser Badniks (Just a few, hopefully not a overhaul to...

Read more about this resource...

ExenP3570 submitted a new resource:

The Exiled Island - Welcome to the badnik zoo.

Read more about this resource...
I like the concept of your map! Welcome to releases!

Heads up: make sure you make an update to your map so that you can rename it to S_TheExiledIsland_v0.1.1.pk3.
I realized that I made a mistake in my previous feedback about the Filename Conventions, so instead of rejecting this post I'll let you just update it as soon as you can.

Sorry for the confusion! I recommend reading the Filename Conventions to understand how it works and why we do this!

ExenP3570 updated The Exiled Island with a new update entry:

The Exiled Island

Already a new update! I was planning on this to be released on Tuesday, but then the hosts told me I had broken the filename conventions and would still keep this up until I changed it.

Is there any new features here? Well, all I did in this update is just finished the second part of the level. (In case you were wondering, these rooms were unfinished in the last release.)

v0.3 will release on Tuesday!

(0.3 will include a very unfinished Act 2 and a not-so-memorable boss.)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Very nice so far, excited for more updates. My fault for not realizing the second half was unfinished at the time.

The Exiled Island v0.5

Woah! Big update! I put a bunch of stuff in this update. Here is the list:

1. Edited the end of Sapphire Valley Zone Act 1
  2. Extension to Sapphire Valley Act 2 (Might be buggy)
  3. New Zone! Wasteland Factory Zone Act 1 (Has a pretty cool gimmick)
  4. Cutscenes! (They're pretty mid tho)
  5. Emblems (They don't do much in this update but unlock Record Attack. Perhaps maybe they will be useful in v1.0?)
Here is a sneak peek on the New Zone:
[ATTACH type="full"...

I'm going to share my thoughts on all future versions here since I don't wanna spam the reviews.

I have to say I'm impressed, and I'm loving it so far! For a project that seems to have just one person working on it the updates and quality are insane (in a good way.). This map pack is looking good and is shaping up to be something easily accessible for weaker computers. I like the tortured planet-esce cutscenes (that also put into mind characters that aren't just Sonic and people play characters that aren't just Sonic) which makes it feel immersive since most cutscenes just go around saying "SONIC, TAILS, and KNUCKLES BEAT UP EGGFELLOW!"

I also love the detail of the slime/goop in the second world. The slime's mechanics in-game were introduced perfectly, though the effects would have a bigger impact if all of their traits hadn't been explained in the cutscene before. I'd personally have small illustrations or make enemies interact with it. I'd replace the warning sign with the blue slime/goop and put it near the green. Then a huge sonic death sign (the one from Sonic 4) by the blue.

Besides that the levels are fun to run through as well. plus its own save/files separate from SRB2 vanilla is always nice. It would of been nice if Record Attack was locked away though.

My one other complaint is that the levels feel empty decoration wise. It has the badniks rings, tokens. emblems, like usual levels but it's just lacking that kick.

Looking forward to more! Drink water and stay safe!

Oh hey. 0.6 is going to be released probably from a week from now because 0.5.1 is a hefty update. Why? I just read the review above and decided, sure. I'll add decorations. Little did I remember that SVZ2 was huge. (I took five hours just to decorate it. Why did I torture myself with this?) I am taking a break now after that... but I did port SVZ1 into v2.1 cool isn't it?

srb20000.png

(I'm probably going to release this at the time v0.6 releases.)

Oh hey. 0.6 is going to be released probably from a week from now because 0.5.1 is a hefty update. Why? I just read the review above and decided, sure. I'll add decorations. Little did I remember that SVZ2 was huge. (I took five hours just to decorate it. Why did I torture myself with this?) I am taking a break now after that... but I did port SVZ1 into v2.1 cool isn't it?

View attachment 104123

(I'm probably going to release this at the time v0.6 releases.)
About the 2.1 port, how did I do this?
Well, I would probably show how to do this when 0.6 happens. Once Exiled Island is finished, you guys can port it I guess. And no, in the future, I would make the 2.3 port, not you guys. Only 2.1 or earlier versions.

Sapphire Valley Zone Act 3 arena is updated! Here's a peek of the new level:

srb20272.png

It even comes with a egg capsule! How awesome!

If you're wondering why there is a bunch of holes in the tree, apparently you be stealthy in SRB2, so good luck! :welcometoreleases:
Post automatically merged:

Wasteland Factory Zone Act 2 is in the works!

srb20273.png
srb20274.png

Last edited:
Wasteland Factory Act 2 is... going to be unfinished in v0.6. The layout of the stage is something I don't feel confident on so in the future I'll have to do a "reimagining" and take parts from the current build. Unfortunately, that means putting in decorations is pretty much a waste of time now.

Also, I'm making a bonus level called "Honeycomb Hill" in v0.7 or 0.8, so look out for that!

v0.6: It finally came

Well, it's been weeks. But it's done! But... what does this offer?

- Wasteland Factory Zone Act 2 & 3
- WFZ2 is a concept level, therefore n decorations.
- Some custom music. (Most noticeably SVZ2 and the bosses.)
- Red Chemicals (This would be used in Act 1 too as a obstacle.)
- SPECIAL STAGES!!! (Though 1 is finished, the others are just placeholders.)
- What's inside the end of WFZ2?
View attachment 105034View attachment 105036

This update was fun. Nice to have Record Attack and Marathon Mode! The music is very good so far. (Just to note the music doesn't load for stage two and the new one you are making, but since you are making new music it didn't bother me. Just thought I bring it up.)

Can't wait for more!

Attachments

• srb20745.png
    srb20745.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 39

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back