• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Super Sonic 64 Mod (Third Beta Out!)

Do You Like The Idea?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, It's Stupid -.-

• Kind OF

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
At Nova, but here for all to see.

[x said:
Nova Rocker Girl[x]]Assorted Updates:
- Two kinds of Bob-ombs. The current one (with new sprites), that blows up after being jumped on, and the new one that will run at you preparing to explode. It explodes after about 2 seconds, and I'm not even sure it huts the player..... NOT EFFECTIVE.

- A more mario-ish styled Bowser Mobile SOC wise, sprite wise it's the same. Is it mine? (You haven't used any of my SOCs yet, exept that one... Se bottom for more details.)

Level Updates:
- PBZ has had some minor touch-ups, but the rehall is most likely going to be used. The rehaul is also going to be scrapped. BZ4 has Level Desighners Block, I think.

- Pillaris has been about doubled in size. But the 1st part is still crap.

- SVZ has been added. TAKE IT OUT!!!!!

- A secret level has also been added, then again, it probably won't be a requirment to unlock it in this beta, it'll just be there. Is that mine? Because I lost it... Have you seen EfGVZ, btw?

- The new, redesigned Castle will might be added, note this is not for sure. Deffidently not.

Character Updates:
- Super Sonic 64 now has new running frames and super frames. You jacked those from the Super Sonic wad on the addons section. I think that that is shadow recolored to be Super Sonic. You fail.

- Super Tails 64 now has flight as his ability, although, it's been downsized a little. SCORE!

And camo, that boss is to agressive. It reminds me of DOOM. Use the second one I gave you....

Edit: You forgot bittersweet.

For all who care:

Scrapping:
  • Most of Prison Break is awful. I'm going to be rehauling most of it with the SA2 texs I imported a while ago. Note that the official do-over isn't an edit, rather a level done from scratch.
  • Lava Cannon Zone. Doing a from-scratch level with Lava Cannons still in, but not the main attraction.
  • Sorrow Valley. Period. You'll get your red coin in Prison Break.
So, yeah. That means that you public won't be getting two finished levels, though how good they were was up in the air. Also, I'm not scrapping Green Valley 'cuz of all the hard work I spent making it decent. :/ I'm doing everything in my power to keep it here, though it is still kinda sucky.

Either Nova or Camo. Realistically, anyone else would be a bad choice, seeing as how nobody else can char wad for their life. >_>

M'kay. I finished all the jump frames and I'm thinking about making the roll frames so they're like the one's nitro has.

on Edge said:
At Nova, but here for all to see.

[x said:
Nova Rocker Girl[x]]Assorted Updates:
- Two kinds of Bob-ombs. The current one (with new sprites), that blows up after being jumped on, and the new one that will run at you preparing to explode. It explodes after about 2 seconds, and I'm not even sure it huts the player..... NOT EFFECTIVE.Fixed for public beta.
- A more mario-ish styled Bowser Mobile SOC wise, sprite wise it's the same. Is it mine? (You haven't used any of my SOCs yet, exept that one... Se bottom for more details.)Ya, it just wasn't added in the private beta, I was rushed while compiling.

Character Updates:
- Super Sonic 64 now has new running frames and super frames. You jacked those from the Super Sonic wad on the addons section. I think that that is shadow recolored to be Super Sonic. You fail. Damnit. Anyway, these sprites are not directly from the super sonic wad. I took the wad (with premision that Nova got for me) and copied the head onto the normal super sonic body, then I had to convert all of the yellow to green. Anyway, these fit more than the default ones.

And camo, that boss is to agressive. It reminds me of DOOM. Use the second one I gave you....
I forgot the name of it and it's lost in my SRB2 folder :(
Edit: You forgot bittersweet.

Also, Nitro's been on the team since beta one, when we used his Knux.

Just double the boss's speed, and and double the time it takes him to fire. You know how to do that, right?

Btw, is his knux the only thing he did 'till now?

I think you should scrap the characters

There's no point to use them...and you know people will just use the normal ones

NeoJames said:

There's no point to use them...and you know people will just use the normal ones
...you know that this mod started out with mostly characters, right?

But yeah, I do think that playing as SuperSonic64.wad is nice touch after thok being overused. Namely, life isn't a speedrun. ;D

srb20005-1.png

I just couldn't resist.

NeoJames said:

Ok guys. This is the part when you merge the sonic recolor and the levels.

It's possible it just really messes up things. And I don't think that BZ4 want's his levels all screwy. But I could include the SOC that makes the characters replace the normal ones in the SS64.wad MAINCFG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back