• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Super Sonic 64 Mod (Third Beta Out!)

Do You Like The Idea?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, It's Stupid -.-

• Kind OF

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's 3 but he's really smart for his age. He knows a lot about SRB2. He's able to go supersonic, add characters, (via net launcher) and he can use the secrets menu.

...Or we can just look at you quizzically and say that you just didn't finish the sprites.

Not pointing blame or anything, though. I'm lazy like that all the time.

No I did them. If I didn't then I wouldn't be saying this, I'd be saying the sprites may take a little while longer.

Maby get a flash drive to put the sprites on, and then keep them with you constantly. I'm sure that your cousin can delete your files if he can go super.

I finally got a chance to play this mod. Heres my review on the first five zones:

Each point I give for these zones is based on the following:

- The look - worth 3 points
- Fun Factor - worth 3 points
- Music - worth 1 points
- The * Mario feel* - worth 3 points

Green Valley:

The look: The first part of this zone was actually kinda boring. Its just another GFZ style zone, except now theres mushrooms on the walls. 1/3 points.

Fun Factor: This zone got very repetitive very fast. Most of the zones consists of you jumping from platform to platform to platform. 1/3 points.

Music: Bomb Omb Battle Field. Good choice. 1/1 points.

The *Mario feel*: Meh, it was an average SRB2 zone, but it didn't feel very much like a Mario 64 level, which I'm pretty sure is what this mod is aiming for. 1/3 points.

Overall: 4/10 points

Prison Break:

The look: Most of the zone is waaaaay too dark. Tone it up a bit. But otherwise, I found this zone to be a very nice looking zone. 2/3 points.

Fun Factor: Actually, the parts of the zone that I could see were very fun. I give it about 2/3 points.

Music: The music for this zone was a nice pick. 1/1 points.

The *Mario feel*: Actually, this is where the level flaws. This zone does not feel like a Mario Level whatsoever. 0/3 points.

Overall: 5/10

Lava Cannon: (Should be Lava Canyon, not Cannon :p)

The look: It looks like a good lava level, nice use of FOFs on the bridge. 3/3 points.

Fun Factor: It's incomplete, so theirs no point in rating it in this caegory. 0/3 points.

Music: Nice choice of music here. 1/1 points.

The *Mario feel*: The music helps on making this feel Mario-ish. 2/3 points.

Overall: 6/10

Bowsers Domain:

The look: Very good looking level, its a little similar in design to the sM64 bosses. (a floating platform over a endless pit/ lava that kills you instantly.) 3/3 points.

Fun Factor: Meh, its the same boss every time. Some soccing needed here, please. 1/3 points.

Music: The normal Boss Music from SM64? You shoulda used Bowsers Theme. 1/1 points though.

The *Mario feel*: This would be a little better if you made it so when you hit the lava, you fly back up with smoke coming from your butt. :D 1/3 points.

Overall: 6/10

Pillaris:

The look: This level rocks! This is so far the best zone you've made yet! Keep it up! 3/3 points.

Fun Factor: It's a very fun level, just work on some spring placements. 2/3 points.

Music: Very nice choice. 1/1 points.

The *Mario feel*: This level actually feels a little more like a Mario 64 zone then the rest of them. (Specifically, The Winged Mario Cap Stage) 2/3 points.

Overall: 8/10

Thats my review. Cya next beta. (or two.)

I'd just like to stick in a littl note that Green Valley and Prison Break are going to see major revamps next beta. Pillaris is getting majorly changed, but it's not getting the full scrapping the other two are.

The only other problem I find with this mod is that you are missing some key elements from SM64:

-Triple jump
-Punching
-Blue coins

Also:

possa0di1.png

possb0uf2.png

I think these goombas look more like the ones in SM64.

I should make some new enemies. I'll do that as soon as I'm finished with neo metal. (1 more frame and the standing frames are done.)

Dude, the public beta is crap. Save your critisizm for the next beta. Many of those problems have been fixed.

Can we use this? I've been meaning to do a proper one for ages.

And BZ4, what do you mean by GVZ been scramped and remade, please don't tell me that you scrapped it, I love it the way it is.

Mind you Camo, this is the same public who's had the same crappy GVZ forever. Really, I'm still talking about the same one you've had for ages.

Ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back