• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Super Sonic 64 Mod (Third Beta Out!)

Do You Like The Idea?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, It's Stupid -.-

• Kind OF

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, I can't put it anywhere else. My freewebs isn't cooperating right now. Sendspace in fact does have download links, but you have to scroll down a bit. :wink:

They don't. If this was a port, then I wouldn't be here. See, I'm the guy who's putting in most of these here levels, and I'm not going to spend my time slaving away porting some level which won't even turn out well in the end.

BlueZero4 said:
[x said:
Nova Rocker Girl's[x] darn first post]Story:
Sonic, Tails and Knuckles had almost arrived at the castle, they could see it in the distance. Meanwhile Eggman was humming in his labritory when sudenly a large figure knocks him to the ground, stealing his eggmobile.
"We're almost there!" Sonic exclaimed.
"Yup, we just have to make it through this valley" Tails responded happily.
"Hey, what is this thing?" Knuckles stops and points at a near by goomba, "well, whatever the heck it is it's not getting in my way"
"I hope you guys can keep up with me" Sonic says as he speeds into the green valley.

Pff, I still say the clown car is superior.

Um, I see no resemblance to SM64...

And, who much progress have you made? It's been a while till the last update.

Chaos said:
Um, I see no resemblance to SM64...
Yeah, BW's got it; read the first post.

But seriously, we're working with a game engine designed for some linear levels with speed, not a slow Mario game where you search around for stars. Duh. We might do a few of those, but for the majority not.

You should see a bit more resemblance once we get the red coins and castle in. (Yes, I socced them. Yay.)

Well, I've decided to replace my crappy old sand level with a slightly less crappy new sand level. Here are some beta pics:
srb20132.png

View of the 2 piramids.
srb20133.png

The real working entrance to the pyramid.
srb20134.png

About to use the teleporter (teleports character/s to the same desert after a huge flood).
srb20135.png

Just getting out of the teleporter in the flooded area (no color map on purpose, I wanted to try to give it a deep-sea feel, if I decide to a color map will be added).
srb20136.png

One of the sea's underwater 'caves'.

One step ahead of you. Infact right after I finished the first map I realized my error, unfortunatly Nova needed to release a beta and she couldn't wait for me to map and recompile the WAD.

Oh, and your bowser sprites suck hard-core. Even these would be better:

eggma1st8.png

eggma2a8os3.png

eggma3a7ei1.png

eggma4a6jn7.png

eggma5ul7.png

Feel free to use them if you like them enough. (If you're wondering where the chair went, he tore it out to make room for himself ^_^) Oh, and not all of the SM64 levels were slow paced. The slides were pretty fast, and Tall, Tall, Mountain felt big enough to be a good Sonic level.

Mah bowsa sprites are pwnsome; shut the heck up. That furry mane is rock 'n' roll core, man. Oh, and don't edit Eggman.

Also, I'm not porting, and will never port, despite all yer futile efforts. Now, on the other hand, I have told Nova that I will port one level, but that level has already been decided and will not change. It will not be ported because of you, and chances are that not even Nova or Camo can change which levels I'm making.

I really hate to break it to you, that's really Nova's decision.

It is her mod, after all. Even if she pretty much lurks now.

I think we need some slower, more mario like levels.

It feels more like BZ4 is exploring his abilitys at making speedy levels. These should be spesialised levels, instead of BZ4's first level desingning experience. :?

I kinda like GVZ, PBZ, and LCZ, but they need to be edited so that the player doesn't have to move as fast as Mystic!

I've even seen the new levels, and they consist of bland, speedy, stupidness. THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT MARIO, PEOPLE!!!! Not Sonic's ability to run like hell. :x

The link on the Wiki is broken, as is every other link to Super Sanctuary. Can you reupload it?

[slightly off-topic] I don't think this would classify as "braking the rules", since I'm not bumping. Correct me if I'm wrong. [/slightly off-topic]

Kaysakado said:
The link on the Wiki is broken, as is every other link to Super Sanctuary. Can you reupload it?

[slightly off-topic] I don't think this would classify as "braking the rules", since I'm not bumping. Correct me if I'm wrong. [/slightly off-topic]

With any luck we'll get that next public beta soon, and you won't need your "re-upload."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back