Super Smash Bros Brawl (Label your Spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you also have to put into effect that they said it wasn't the final format for it, so by the time we get the game, it could be completely different with more variations. Then again, I could be wrong and that is what we will get. Anyway, it still seems pretty cool. What I wonder is if we will get something like in Halo where you can actually spawn items or add to a stage that was already made.

We don't know the level of limitations it has yet... But it still has enough to bring a lot more replay value. Even if it is as limited as it appears in the screens.

It does look like it will be fairly limited, but from the screen it looks like that it can be pretty diverse.

Halo's implementation isn't very good either. Seriously, the only "true" way to make levels for a game is to use the toolset the developers used to make the game. Either that, or develop an editor that recognizes the internal format. Brawl's editor doesn't even follow the standards that the official levels use - it has a static grid system with segments that you snap together. The actual game levels consist of a single large mesh, with various scripts written to carry out level-specific behaviors like the Ultimate Chimera and camera scrolling in various stages. While it's possible to have fun with the level editor they're giving us, it simply doesn't hold a candle to the real thing in terms of power.

However, judging from the shots they gave us, it's certainly a powerful enough editor to make a significant amount of stuff.

You'd be surprised with how complicated a map made out of tiles can really be.

No, I'm sure that'd take up some filesize. Besides, I doubt they wouldn't add a variety of themed textures anyway.

Sky Ninja said:
I was actualy hoping to make some levels form classic games.
Me too.
I think the first level remake im going to make is... The underground part in mario bros. on world 1-1

The thing about level editors means somebody will always be making levels that suck. Honestly, Smash Bros makes KOs by forcing your oponent offscreen. Somebody WILL make a map where KOs are utterly impossible because they've made a two dimensional labrynith. That's not to say that we won't be able to have some fun on stages like that, but the question is how LONG we'll be able to play without getting frustrated.

Yes, I'm looking at you, Hyrule Temple. >>

You can only get levels from friends and a select level daily from Nintendo. As far as I'm concerned, you need never play a bad level. Its not like SRB2 either where one of the hallmarks of the community is editing levels or modding, so you aren't obliged to play through a level and then critique it for the person that made it. (Not that it isn't a good thing to do anyways...)

Sky Ninja said:
With the level editor, I hope they actualy add a texture editor.

That would so so hard to use, I think. It probably might be another editor, but most of the time, they are basic.

I doubt they'll add a texture editor. As I'm sure others have said, the size of the saved textures is not practical for storage on the Wii, and would be too difficult to edit with the peripherals provided.

I don't think using the Wiimote as a pen would be very effective.

Sky Ninja said:
Shadow Hog said:
Tails is an Assist Trophy. Any character can use him.
It never said that.
For the love of GOD, <u>THIS TIDBIT WAS BASED OFF OF REPORTS DIRECTLY FROM E FOR ALL. IT IS NOT AS OF YET ON THE DOJO.</u>

Jesus H. Christ, do I have to spell EVERYTHING out for you people? I even EXPLICITLY SAID THIS earlier. READ for God's sake.

Why yes, I am aware that this was two days ago; no, you don't have to remind me of that.

I'm pretty sure the stage builder will be used to remake loads of stages from various games and older Smash Bros games. Makes for loads of fun and replayability. I didn't know it could be much better, but SSBB is going to surpass Melee in everything but game speed. And even so, you can always select a faster mode. (Check Special Brawl)

By the way, I wonder what the coins will do now...its said they wouldn't be used for shopping. Something to do with online rankings? Trading in for Wii points? Unlocking cheats or other stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back