Super Smash Bros Brawl (Label your Spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people using spindash or home-fest.

Or run,punch OR hide in a corner until the smash ball,but if someone finds this corner they run. D:

Toon Link FTW ^_^

The Dark Fox said:
Meta Knight isn't too useful; his attacks are strongest when in midair.
What are you talking about!? Meta Knight is Awesome!! I call him my "Ownage" Character cause I use him to own. But apparently my best character is Sonic.....

Sonnarkku´s quick view

GOOD POINTS OF BRAWL:

There are lots of musics in the game, most of them are the ones that really deserve to be there.

Leveling up characters in adventure mode, sounds nice to me!.

You can create your own stage, good if you get bored of the other ones.

2 Guests that everyone always wished.

BAD POINTS OF BRAWL:

Levels are chap, they just focused on the background, they are just a floating plataform and they are almost no interactive.

All characters Up-B are not even attacks, just a stupid floating ability.

Only the worst stages of melee were added.

All of the music remixes are made with guitar and metal music, wich annoys in time.

The computer foe, is not really skiled, it just dodges and in melee stages it glitches.

The gun is overpowered, if some character gets a Ray Gun he just taps the A buttom and you cant dodge it, if you try to shield it breaks.

Some of the best characters were removed, they could just modify their attacks instead of removing them.

OVERALL 6/10 (Good)

RANKS A GAME CAN GET:

1/10 (Awfull)

2/10 (Really bad)

3/10 (Still playable)

4/10 (Not bad, neither good)

5/10 (Still fun to play for a while)

6/10 (Good)

7/10 (Nice)

8/10 (Great! play it!)

9/10 (Awesome game)

10/10 (Simply perfect game)

Re: Sonnarkku´s quick view

Sonnarkku said:
2 Guests that everyone always wished.
Debatable. I know I sure as hell didn't want Sonic in.

All characters Up-B are not even attacks, just a stupid floating ability.
When I say Yoshi's constantly ignored, I'm really not kidding! (FYI: Yoshi's Up+B is the exact opposite of what you just described)

Only the worst stages of melee were added.
I personally think they did a better job picking Past Stages for Brawl than they did for Melee.

All of the music remixes are made with guitar and metal music, wich annoys in time.
Only because you listened to a single character's music selection. Ashley's Theme and Yoshi's Story Ending are incredible and neither are rock/metal.

The gun is overpowered, if some character gets a Ray Gun he just taps the A buttom and you cant dodge it, if you try to shield it breaks.
Items need to have some power in order to be useful and give the wielder an advantage. The Ray Gun runs out of ammo anyway, and if you don't like it, why not just turn it off?

Some of the best characters were removed, they could just modify their attacks instead of removing them.
Mewtwo, yes. He didn't deserve to be removed. But the others were taken out for just being pointless. You need to have some limit to the amount of characters you include.

In closing: I don't like Brawl, but at least I have some idea what I'm talking about.

Oh, and one more thing:

Levels are chap
Monocle-man.JPG

I say, old bean!

I just got Melee a while ago - again, my third time, I believe- and I just played Brawl. The physics are close to broken, as you are heavier, the attacks are delayed, and attacks are pretty different. So, why bother getting a Melee with no real addons?

FoxBlitzz said:
Thanks for pointing that out. I just fixed the error.

This reminds me: Instead of having the Resetti Assist Trophy, I'd rather have a rickroll. Resetti never is or was amusing. A rickroll would be hilarious the first few times.

The Dark Fox said:
I just got Melee a while ago - again, my third time, I believe- and I just played Brawl. The physics are close to broken, as you are heavier, the attacks are delayed, and attacks are pretty different. So, why bother getting a Melee with no real addons?

Not selling anymore?,graphics are horrible,Brawl has Coop.

And everything Blue said.:P

Melee's gameplay was pretty whack, and Dr. Mario was pretty much a recolor.

Brawl is the best Smash Bros. yet. Brawl is best in so many ways.

I believe they're concerned with the physics of Brawl, as it is a deal different from Melee. I mean, the gravity alone is a bit slower than that of Melee's, and so the main argument is that Brawl makes it too easy for characters to get back onto the map. From what I understand, they also complain about the wifi and Subspace Emissary being shoddy, but I've yet to see anyone address countless of Brawl's additions which not only make up for this, but far outmatch Melee... in fact, to quote Chaos, it's apparently "just Melee clouded by a dreadful single-player, heavier movement, a Stage Builder, and Sonic", so clearly Melee allows you to play online, grab items in midair and move while firing item weapons, cooperate in SP, play a wider selection of characters that aren't clones, and do many more things ingame than Brawl.

Brawl may be different, but by no means does it suck. Pointless cynicism is pointless.

In all honesty, the Stage Builder is not that great. It is a helpful addition, just not great. Not being able to use EVERYTHING that the game can do makes me feel restricted after playing and making maps in SRB2. Also, it's not hard to make a map that works in SSBB. My little brother made a stage out of the word fat and it played well. Despite it not being that cool to me, my siblings had a blast making blatantly unplayable stages with it.

SPOILERS!

Blue Warrior said:
I believe they're concerned with the physics of Brawl, as it is a deal different from Melee. I mean, the gravity alone is a bit slower than that of Melee's, and so the main argument is that Brawl makes it too easy for characters to get back onto the map. From what I understand, they also complain about the wifi and Subspace Emissary being shoddy, but I've yet to see anyone address countless of Brawl's additions which not only make up for this, but far outmatch Melee... in fact, to quote Chaos, it's apparently "just Melee clouded by a dreadful single-player, heavier movement, a Stage Builder, and Sonic", so clearly Melee allows you to play online, grab items in midair and move while firing item weapons, cooperate in SP, play a wider selection of characters that aren't clones, and do many more things ingame than Brawl.

Brawl may be different, but by no means does it suck. Pointless cynicism is pointless.
To be honest, the fact that it is severly changed and has heavy gravity, (G&W's key attack, for example) totally unbalanced characters, poor level, worthless side stuff. I know the level editor is generally set aside, but it still disappoints.

Autosaver said:
Some people can't stand that Brawl is better.

In a lot of ways.
Maybe you can't stand that Melee may be better. There are many, many people prefering Melee over Brawl. Opinions.

SONIC'S SENTRY said:
Melee's gameplay was pretty whack, and Dr. Mario was pretty much a recolor.

Brawl is the best Smash Bros. yet. Brawl is best in so many ways.
There still are recolors in Brawl too, and Melee's recolors were slightly diverse from the original.
And Autosaver, it's not like Brawl has good graphics. In Melee's time, it was great. And Subspace kinda sucks, as Coop is abusive.

The Dark Fox said:
To be honest, the fact that it is severly changed and has heavy gravity, (G&W's key attack, for example) totally unbalanced characters, poor level, worthless side stuff. I know the level editor is generally set aside, but it still disappoints.

By the example given of G&W's key attack, I assume you mean downward strikes; I don't understand how that's a bad thing. Arguably, Brawl has more balance between characters than Melee does, since the large roster allows for every character to have a strategical disadvantage over another; even Sonic's a decent case if you exclude smash balls from the mix. I don't see how Brawl's levels are poor, especially considering it doesn't have battlefield clones and also made much wiser imports compared to Melee. The "worthless side stuff" you speak of doesn't detract from the gameplay at all AFAIK. I've still created many stages with the stage builder; it may be subpar, but it's still usable.

There still are recolors in Brawl too, and Melee's recolors were slightly diverse from the original.
Melee had six clones, while Brawl has... three at most? If you can even call them that. In Brawl, Falco and Wolf have entirely different movesets from Fox, and while Toon Link and Lucas could possibly be called clones, even that's kinda pushing it, because they have very distinguishable differences to their counterparts.

In Brawl, the levels are actually pretty bad. Generally due to it's flatness. It is generally another level, with a couple obstacles here and there. I have to admit, some levels are pretty good, but since you can't modify the gimmick properties, ( On, off, random, etc.) some levels are turned away.

Though it doesn't change much, Brawl's soundtrack is overrated.

The Mushroomy Kingdom map (right name?) was bad as it ported Worlds 1-1 and 1-2, resulting in way too many items. Constant, forced side-scrolling doesn't work for Super Smash Bros., I'm afraid.

One thing I hate about the screenshot thing: My siblings abuse it. They frequently waste the entire space on my Wii with closeups of Jigglypuff and shots of Wario's B-down move, and I don't have an SD card to spare. (We can't really buy one at the moment, either. >_>)

Why must an argument about Brawl and Melee be brought up again. We been over this that Melee is better than Brawl in some ways and Brawl is better than Melee in ways. Do we have to start this up for about the 3rd time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back