Super Smash Bros Brawl (Label your Spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
God I hate that.
I was playing a match with Ninja and our other friends, when Ninja took a fan and kept hitting us with it until someone got out and got the smash ball, while Ninja just kept hitting us until the final smash just finished us off. >.<

Akuma TH said:
God I hate that.
I was playing a match with Ninja and our other friends, when Ninja took a fan and kept hitting us with it until someone got out and got the smash ball, while Ninja just kept hitting us until the final smash just finished us off. >.<
XD yup... I just love that spanker fan. Oh yea have you guys ever when to get the smashball in the air then someone just randomly toadstool jumps ur head and gets it?

My family hates the way I use Sonic saying that his Final Smash is way too powerful because I could kill them with it and specifically trying in a free-for-all match to stop me from getting it at all costs. Its to be expected if the final smash is powerful, but it becomes somewhat annoying.

Anyways I've got quite good with Sonic, and can use his moves in a balanced way... though I find Homing to be extremely ineffective. I also am somewhat effective as Zelda, but that is mostly from spamming up smash attacks. I generally don't get the opportunity to use Din's Fire and I have terrible timing making Nayru's Love impossible and Sheik transformation difficult. I *want* to be good at Link given his flexibility, but I think I'm better with fast characters.

I know I'd stink if playing anyone else on these boards, its all I can manage to tie Flyer3f. I'm still getting the hang of the moves.

Special ability spamming? Pit's side special isn't that bad, as I usually jump behind him, I do have difficulty with Meta Knight's spin though and have yet to come up with an effective way to counter that when its being spammed. Pikachu's thunder attack often wins the game for my brother, not only does it make it difficult to navigate an open area, but it makes it easier for him to get that smash ball.

Now for questions... Do Zero Suit Samus and Samus count as seperate plays of Classic (likewise with Sheik and Zelda), and how do you unlock target smash 4 and 5? I also managed to beat Subspace Emmisary, but I want to know if there is any sure way to avoid Tabuu's pulse attack. It became a race to deal as much damage as possible before he uses that move and I get knocked out.

Spoilers! below

gamespot said:
Level 4 (Very Hard) Beat Target Test in Classic Mode twice on Hard or once on Very Hard
Level 5 (Intense) Beat Target Test in Classic Mode twice on Very Hard or once on Intense

Also to dodge Tabu's pulse attack you have to time ground dodges with each wave of his attack.

Anyone else notice the single-player AI is pretty random? I mean, one minute I can be getting my butt kicked on Easy and owning on Intense the next. That's regardless of whether I pick Classic, All-Star, or SSE.

Boss Battles is easy, no matter what difficulty you put it on. Maybe some new attacks on higher difficulty would have helped?

I'm also disappointed with the inclusion of Wolf. I realize people like him, but did he really have to be another Fox clone? I thought they were trying to cut down on clones, hence why Pichu and Dr. Mario are gone.

Wolf isnt that much of a clone.
Only his B moves are a clone.
Same with Falco, but if you want to talk clones, than talk about Toon Link.

Akuma TH said:
God I hate that.
You know i was Falco?

The inclusion of a few clones does not mean that have been cutting down on them. I actually didn't expect Marth and Ike to be so different...

The only identical characters to my knowledge are Fox, Falco, and Wolf... Captain Falcon and Gannondorf... and the Links... The only one that bothers me is the fact that Gannondorf has Falcon's boring moveset while he should have some potential for more interesting powers.

Kilron said:
...Pichu and Dr. Mario are gone.
Pichu isn't gone. The pikachu in this game has been proven to be the Pichu from Melee evolved, and the Pikachu from Melee and 64 have retired to Cinnabar Island. (A Pikachu can only know Volt Tackle if evolved from a Pichu)

Kilron said:
Anyone else notice the single-player AI is pretty random? I mean, one minute I can be getting my butt kicked on Easy and owning on Intense the next. That's regardless of whether I pick Classic, All-Star, or SSE.

Boss Battles is easy, no matter what difficulty you put it on. Maybe some new attacks on higher difficulty would have helped?

I'm also disappointed with the inclusion of Wolf. I realize people like him, but did he really have to be another Fox clone? I thought they were trying to cut down on clones, hence why Pichu and Dr. Mario are gone.
That post explains everything. Anyone notice Master Hand has now 100%hp instead of the standard 300%hp? I hate that :(

Master hand's hp depends on what difficulty he is on, I played on hard and he had 300hp.

Lightning The Fox said:
Well then my friends have defective copies then. All modes ( even intense ) had 100 hp. I'm calling my gamestop.
Easy-100Hp ,Medium-250HP, Hard-300, and Intense,400,or The both of the hands appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back