Super Mario Bros.

Super Mario Bros. Version 2.3

SMS Alfredo updated Super Mario Bros. with a new update entry:

Version 2.3 - New Mechanical and Quality of Life Improvements + SRB2P / SRB2i / Wario Model Support

Hey, SMS Alfredo here. You may have noticed that I have ownership of the mod now. Dirk was kind enough to let me continue to maintain the mod, and that's exactly what I did! It's been over a year since we released v2 of the mod, adding in Luigi, and so now I think it's a great time to add even more improvements to the mod. Thanks to Golden Shine for help with some of these! And an extra belated thanks to Mitsume for your help with the original Mario A2A8 sprite! Sorry it took us so long to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I won’t add on to this and I don’t want to start a off topic conversation here but why was drik the husky banned?

I know how he got banned, He was banned for harassing the kart krew modraters to join kart krew and he tried to make lach to leak the sonic sprite for DRRR don’t add on to this.
Post automatically merged:

And here’s prof: https://mb.srb2.org/threads/team-kinetic-dirk-whirl-vesola.27511/page-10
Oh Dayum...I was about to ask what happened to him, but...now I now. Your mods will be missed; but The Super Mario Bros Will live on so I'm happy about that at least.

Oh Dayum...I was about to ask what happened to him, but...now I now. Your mods will be missed; but The Super Mario Bros Will live on so I'm happy about that at least.
the mario mod is not missed SMS is in control of the mod but team kentic is going to get missed out.

And the real prof is on the discord server in the srb2 channel

the mario mod is not missed SMS is in control of the mod but team kentic is going to get missed out.

And the real prof is on the discord server in the srb2 channel
Yeah I know about Super Mario Bros being SMS, but I was just saying that his other mods will be missed.

@SMS Alfredo Hi, this is my first time commenting and I'm here to report an issue, but first I wanted to say that I really appreciate the continued support you're giving this mod. Mario and Luigi are easily my favorite characters to play as in SRB2 and SRB2: Persona. The new mechanics, QOL, support, and fixes you've added into Version 2.3 are wonderful! You and everyone who have contributed to this mod have done a fantastic job.

The issue I've been having occurs in SRB2: Persona, and I've spoiler-tagged it to prevent leaving a wall of text in the Discussion tab. I wanted to be thorough with explaining it, so apologies in advance if I'm over explaining it a bit.

I've run into a problem when playing as the Bros. in SRB2: Persona where I lose access to the B button in battles if Mario (or Luigi) is still airborne when the battle cuts in. This means I cannot perform Action Commands that utilize the B button like Fire Orb or Thunder Hand. This also makes me unable to exit menus such as Skill and Analysis. Oddly enough, I am still able to press the B button to exit the ESC menu when this happens.

I should also mention that this has happened in past versions of Mario Bros. as well, but could be avoided if you Ground Pound during the slow-motion effect after striking a Shadow in the overworld. This would bring Mario back to the ground before the battle cuts in. In the newest update, Mario actually ascends when I try this. I've included a GIF showing this off, so I hope it helps. (You can see me go into Analysis and being unable to leave that menu.)
srb20000.gif

Sometimes after the transition into battle, the screen will shake a little bit after a second or two. When this happens, I am still able to use the B button to perform Action Commands and exit menus despite being airborne when the battle transition happens. My thought is that Mario is landing in the overworld which is why I am able to use the B button still. It's hard to recreate as I do not know exactly why this happens.
srb20002.gif

I hope I've explained the issue efficiently enough, and sorry again for the wall of text. I figured it's worth bringing attention to it and explaining it as thoroughly as I can since it can cause a softlock where your only way out of the Analysis menu in battles is to quit back to the lobby. As far as I've tested, this doesn't happen with any base game or other addon characters. Thank you so much for reading this, and thanks again for continuing your support for the mod!

Every time I move my camera to the left, Mario uses his hammer, and its super annoying. Is there any way to fix this?

its a thing with the gamepad options if you change your camera up down axis to "X-RUDDER-" and your camera left right axis to "Z-AXIS" it should be fine if that doesnt work then just flip through all the options till it works thats how i did it.

Dang, nothing has been working so far, but thanks for trying to help
Post automatically merged:

Well never mind, turns out my Fire Axis and Fire Normal axis were the problem, thanks a bunch

This Mario is one of the best addons in all of srb2 but something happens to me, every time I play with him for a while the game crashes and closes... I don't know what happens but the only way I play well is in race

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back