SUGOI

SUGOI 2.2a

Also, just started playing, and there is a weird bug or oversight that doesn't block you off from getting into area 2 and 3 despite not having enough elmbems

spoiler tagged because it involves somewhat "late game" stuff
So I beat the true final boss for SUBARASHII but after it finished, my game crashed after the Ristar game over screen. I unlocked the gallery for beating the boss, but didn't get the emblem for SUBARASHII's secret ending. I also wasn't put into KIMOKAWAIII likely cause the cutscene crashed before it got to the point that would do so.

oops its no longer a .14 nightly its a .13 now
keep the launcher from the 1.0a update and put the new debug and dat.bak
Post automatically merged:

srb20253.png
ACTIVATING SOFTWARE MODE
Post automatically merged:

it still crased :(

Snow Summit Zone's record attack time emblem turned out to be outrageously difficult to get as Sonic; it'd be easier to beat probably any level in the kaizo mod, Updoer, than it was for me to get that time emblem. Were all of the time emblems designed with Sonic in mind, or were some of them designed so that you had to play as other characters to go fast enough?

Currently having issues with Romio's Mine Maze Zone, as S3 Sonic is unable to jump high enough.

Attachments

• srb20269.gif
    srb20269.gif
    6.6 MB · Views: 63
So I wanted to point out that even though there's a sugoi.dat for the srb2 folder, it seems dedicated servers can't save the progress made on it which isn't good for longer session seeing how a single crash would wipe it out. I'm wondering if this is intentional or not as 2.2.13 made it so progress is normally saved on dedicated server even if modded

TehRealSalt updated SUGOI with a new update entry:

v2.2 release

• EXE: Fixed the last remaining crashes caused by the game trying to use a flat as a patch.
    • Notably, this fixes the SUGOI -> SUBARASHII transition cutscene.
  • EXE: Fixed hub maps requiring a level reset when first unlocking a door.
  • Unknown Temple changes:
    • All players must fail to exit the level instead of only one.
    • Boss health and speed is nerfed.
    • Added a boss meter.
  • Mr. Triangle now has improved acceleration, by request of the author...

Read the rest of this update entry...

soniguri's new mechanics in the tutorial like the sword and the charge laser don't seem to actually exist? it's 1:1 of the 2.1 version. there is still the sonic 2.1 sprites instead of the silver one in the tutorial, sprites are unchanged, etc.

another thing is that Lance-a-Bot sometimes breaks set pieces or become annoying to play around due to their more aggressive ai and defensive bulid. I know that there have been ports of the 2.1 version of that bot, so i hope they are added in for levels like Retro Hill and Robotnik Park

This is proving to be a great compendium of maps done in the 2.1 era. I have only done around 10 maps, but it is interesting to see just how the community embraced slopes not long after its official implementation (because many maps here were made early in that era of mapping).

Now it is obvious in some spots that the mappers were still figuring out best practices with slopes (as seen by geometry such as half a sector sloped while the other half is flat), and it is understandable that there are no extremely complex terrain bits in most of them like with maps made in the last year. It is still a fun trip though especially for those of us who never played any of the custom content for 2.1.

Also, a congratulations to Sal for having the dedication to not only update the pack, but update in a way that combines the entire trilogy. It will take a while to get through and that is a good thing in my opinion. It may not be fair for me to give a proper review yet since I am not that far in compared to what is there.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back